8gb Sandisk Pro Duo - PSP memory - Staples B&M $29.99 - OOS online

FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
All my local staples had this in stock in the last 10 mins. Excellent deal considering I just paid $22.99 for a 4gb at microcenter 2 weeks ago. I'm definitely in for 1. Works on most Sony products including PSP. I currently have a 2gb and need room for awesome podcast downloads like the CAGcast. Check the in store availability button. Credit from passwird.com but I'm sure it's on slickdeals as well.

http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...de_243499_Business_Supplies_10051_true_SEARCH

Last edited by a moderator:
bumpy bcz I don't want anyone to miss out. the 3 people here who actually still use their psp. keep in mind you can add music to the card & it's a mp3/player as well.

Tempting, I'm just not sure if the Ultra II ones are much better than the standard ones or not, I was waiting for one of those to be under $40, or a 16GB to be under $60...

whats the difference between ultra II and these? And will this work, because I heard for some reason it starts acting funky anything above 4 GB?

I can't exactly recommend the regular 8gb sandisks. The speeds (read/write) are even slower than the regular 4gb sticks. The read/write is 10mb/3mb compared to the Ultra II sticks which have ironically been upped from 10/10 (from 4gb model) to 15/15!. I don't want to thread crap or anything and if you dont exactly need speed as a priority then this is a great deal! If you are wanting an Ultra II, newegg.com has them for about 50 dollars and of course one of the few online legit sites that sells them it seems.

[quote name='c.gibbits']so should i hold off on this?[/quote]

It's up to you. If you think you will be needing to do a lot of data transferring on and off the stick, then i would no doubt recommend the Ultra II stick. If your not going to be doing as much transferring and dont mind the read speed to be a bit less than the Ultra II then you will probably be fine with the regular version. Want cheap but slower? get the regular. Want more expensive but speedy? get the Ultra II version. It's pretty much comes down to a consumer choice tbh.

Happy shopping :D

[quote name='kosmos13x']I can't exactly recommend the regular 8gb sandisks. The speeds (read/write) are even slower than the regular 4gb sticks. The read/write is 10mb/3mb compared to the Ultra II sticks which have ironically been upped from 10/10 (from 4gb model) to 15/15!. I don't want to thread crap or anything and if you dont exactly need speed as a priority then this is a great deal! If you are wanting an Ultra II, newegg.com has them for about 50 dollars and of course one of the few online legit sites that sells them it seems.[/QUOTE]

Cool, you gave me a good reason to hold off on this. I'll wait until the Ultra II comes down in price.

Grabbed one at my local Staples. I picked up a PSP-2000 earlier this week at CC for 30% off and was a bit disappointed in it having no internal memory. I'm obviously not qualified to judge this stick better or worse than another as I have no frame of reference, but for anyone on the fence the music and videos I've loaded so far work fine. I'm having a blast with it.

There were some posts about this deal over on the PSP boards on Gamefaqs. The downside folks were stating about this card is that it becomes progressively slower the more you fill the card. There are also claims that the slowdown does eventualy effect games downloaded to the stick (via ps store or mods). I would think this would also effect movies saved to the disk too, but there were no such claims.

[quote name='BIG5']Tempting, but I think I'm alright with my 4gb for now.[/quote]

ditto.

If the psp starts releasing alot more games worth playing, i'll pick one up then. Hopefully 2009 is a better psp software year than 2008 was.

[quote name='Xerxes']More important question, does these lower speeds effect games/saves on psp?[/quote]

From my understanding you would only notice it when moving large amounts of data. Regular use should not show any signs of slowness. Sandisk is supposedly the best (fastest) out of the regular (non ultraII / EX / super duper) memory stick pro duos.

Amazing price, I'll have to see if I can return mine that I picked up from Radio Shack for $40 a few weeks ago and try to snag one of these instead.

I went to my local Staples to pick this up and they had a price tag on it for $17.99. When I pointed that out to them they sold it to me at that price. What an amazing deal!!! BTW -- I love my PSP -- not only for games but for watching videos and listening to podcasts. IMHO, the PSP rocks!

bread's done
Back