WTF is going on at Kotaku

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

I love how the site has only a handful of registered users... most with zero posts, a few with a couple of posts, and then the admin with 1200+ posts.

I must be bored, because I just looked...only the admin has posts that haven't been deleted. The rest must have been from spammers and/or CAGs yelling at him.

The whole situation is pretty laughable.

This is basically the same as if someone started a website called Kothanku.com which had no traffic or commenters, filled their website with content from Kotaku and Destructoid, and then sent Kothanku tips to Joystiq.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if blogs link to us or not. I'm pretty convinced (and I have the traffic information to back it up) that most readers of blogs seldom click through to the source site. The bloggers put so much info in their post, there is really no reason to check out the source.

I'll take one link from Penny Arcade or Digg against 5 links from any of the top gaming 5 blogs. Hmm...this might make an interesting blog post.

Edited by CheapyD, 16 March 2009 - 08:32 AM.

#32 weevles

weevles

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:21 AM

I dunno who is the bigger douche--the "lone deal stealer" with his laughably lame site, or Kotaku for posting that shit.

Seriously, what harm is it to just credit CAG for the deal news? A hit is a hit, right?

#33 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

Ahahaha,

what a fucking joke. Just man up Kotaku and take responsibility for being dumbasses.

#34 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

It doesn't matter how big your blog is, it's still run by vicious basement nerds, apparently.

#35 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:32 AM

I dunno who is the bigger douche--the "lone deal stealer" with his laughably lame site, or Kotaku for posting that shit.

Seriously, what harm is it to just credit CAG for the deal news?

Kotaku's universe would collapse. Remember, CAG has "no credibility" due to something a forum user wrote in their blog here.

However, a site STEALING from CAG is credible enough for publication.
Posted Image

#36 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

LoL there's even a user named CAG

http://www.cheapcoll...member.php?u=52

Either he's a big fan of Battlestar Gallactica or...

#37 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:33 AM

I'll take one link from Penny Arcade or Digg against 5 links from any of the top gaming 5 blogs. Hmm...this might make an interesting blog post.

How much traffic did you get when Tycho linked to shipwreck's blog post last week?

#38 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

How much traffic did you get when Tycho linked to shipwreck's blog post last week?

At the end of this month I will do a blog post with all the #s.

#39 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

Shipwreck should get a bonus.