Dollhouse Friday Nights on FOX at 9pm est-Update 10/24

adriley313

Banned
joss-whedons-dollhouse.jpg

Update:10/24/09

So Dollhouse may or may not be getting cancelled. There is still hope that Fox doesnt suck *ss. Its funny they can spend tons of money on American Idol but screw Whedon.

But what has been comfirmed been confirmed is that Fox has ordered 13 episodes of the second season and will be airing them finishing Dec 4th.

Also for all us Whedon fans Summer Glau will be joining the cast on Dec 4th to play Topher's counterpart in another Dollhouse. And from the clips it looks like she might have be a little crazy. Maybe she's as mad as we are that Sarah Conner got cancelled just when they had a steller season finale.

Ill have more info as I got them.

Also for all Netflix users looking to watch the episode "Epitah One" and the original unaired pilot get the last disc in that set (I dont know about the Blu-Ray). It comes with both episodes and tons of special features including cool commentary about the 2 episodes with Whedon's son Jed and his sons wife. Its a must buy for all Whedon fans. Maybe wait till Black Friday when it might be super cheap.

This is the thread for the hottest new sci fi show on TV called Dollhouse. Starring *ss kicker herself Eliza Dushku back into butt kicking action since her vampire slaying days as the slightly crazy Faith from the same creator Joss Whedon. Here's a spot to post your comments about anything to do with the show. From the killer cast besides Eliza is another Joss favorite from Angel Amy Acker as the butt kicking Eliria. To the fresh fight sequence that we know they'll have. So post away and catch every episode on Friday nights at 9pm et on Fox and Hulu.com.

This also for the Joss Whedon fans that dont want another great show of his to get canceled again, ie Firefly. So if another show comes on at the time just Tivo so executives see that we love the show. There also the guy from Battlestar Gallatica for all you fans like me to make you tune in. So tune in so they dont cancel another Whedon masterpiece.

This is a show to support Dollhouse, Joss Whedon , Eliza Dushku. So if you dont like I'm sure there's a thread for you to post in. This thread is for positive feedback for people that like the show and want to see more seasons in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread needs to be done to rally the Whedon fans, or some people, to watch this show so it doesn't get screwed and canceled.

This is actually on my queue in Hulu and I might watch this tomorrow.
There's only been one episode right?

When does this come on? I could search but I'm about to get up and get a drink and go piss. I'd expect an answer by the time I return :)

[quote name='lilboo']This is actually on my queue in Hulu and I might watch this tomorrow.
There's only been one episode right?

When does this come on? I could search but I'm about to get up and get a drink and go piss. I'd expect an answer by the time I return :)[/quote]

I think the second episode was yesterday and it too is on Hulu. The shows on Fridays, the day I have to work :cry:, so I can't catch it at its intended time/day. I've been so busy lately, that I have yet to catch it on Hulu for that matter. I'm also 4 episodes behind on Fringe.

As a big fan of Buffy (and to a lesser degree, Angel) I thought I would check out Dollhouse. I'm going to give it a few more episodes, but truthfully I'm not loving it so far. Actually, I don't think I like it at all.

The problem is there is NOTHING redeemable about the character of Echo. It's not a matter of acting or writing... the entire concept is flawed. I don't like the idea.

Or to be more accurate, I liked the idea better when it was called "The Pretender" on NBC back in the 90s. Same basic show, only the hero (in this case, a guy named Jarod) didn't have his memory erased after every episode.

Sorry, Mr. Whedon... I'll give you until the end of the season to start to do something with the character, but otherwise I'm bailing. This is almost as crappy as Firefly.

I'm not really into this show, but i'll keep watching to see if it gets better. I like the Battlestar Galactica references.

I still miss Tru Calling :(.

EDIT: I just started watching the 2nd episode of Dollhouse and the lawyer from Battlestar Galactica is in it!

I'm a big fan of Angel and Firefly but honestly I'm not really feeling dollhouse. To me it seems too much like "My Own Worst Enemy" but not as good. This weeks ep kinda has me even more skeptical than after the first ep. They basically just ripped off that Ice-T movie "Surviving the game." Since it is Joss Whedon, I'll keep watching it because it has the potential to get good. But right now it gets a big meh from me.

I am really enjoying the show. I think the writing and story is very interesting thus far. The only concern that I have is that the show is debuting on a Friday which usually means the show is one episode away from being cancelled. I am going to be really pissed if I really enjoy the show only to see it cancelled midway through the season.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I give this show two more episodes before it's axed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely on death watch right now. Of course, putting it on Friday night probably sealed it's demise.

Ratings fell 15% between the first and second episode.

And since second episode was almost insultingly bad, I expect a bigger dropoff next week.

Get out the forks.

Pretty crappy show IMO but then again I don't understand the following that Whedon's shows have. I don't understand how anyone could say the words "entertaining" and "Buffy or Angel" in the same sentence with a straight face.

I just saw episodes 1 and 2 on Fox.com and it's interesting so far. I'll continue watching the show to see where things go.

Shows usually take awhile to build up steam so I'm not being too harsh on it right now.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I can't watch the show. Eliza Dushku is the worst actress in the history of television.[/quote]

A lot of people have been saying that her acting on the show is terrible.

the first episode didn't do well ratings-wise and the second one did worse... expect this to be canceled... I think it costs a lot to produce as well.

Saw the first two episodes and think there's some potential. I'll give it a few more episodes.

[quote name='keithp']The show sucks.

So far.[/quote]

Agreed. I was falling asleep. I know it jus started but its kinda lame.

Joss Whedon needs to either stop doing tv series on Fox, or just switch to films. He needs to learn how to make a story that instantly gets into the groove. Hes to much of a 90's writer/director where he draws stuff out so long.

He needs to write show to show instead of planning a giant 3 season Arc.

He also has a taste for actors that are a bit of cheese, 90's style. Yeah i loveeee firefly/serenity, but you have to admit all the acting is over the top and corny. Thats part of the charm, but audiences these days wont accept that anymore.
Firefly was just getting started on the last episode...

Don't forget get to catch the newest episode of Dollhouse tonight where Echo will become the most sought out job all kids and teens want.

To be ...
Pop Star
should be fun. I've seen her cheer and kick butt but never sing before.

OK episode. I didn't know Eliza Dushku could sing. IMO, I think the story arc is building to Echo
going rogue.
I'll stick with the show for now since Whedon has a proven track record of having his seasons planned out well.

[quote name='neocisco']OK episode. I didn't know Eliza Dushku could sing. IMO, I think the story arc is building to Echo
going rogue.
I'll stick with the show for now since Whedon has a proven track record of having his seasons planned out well.[/quote]

Completely agree with your spoiler. I saw this happening from the first episode. It's really just the natural progression for the character. It almost feels more like a movie plot to me though. Not sure how they're going to continuously stretch it out.

I think people criticizing the show so soon just have ADD. The story is clearly building people. Give it time to expand. I'm really interested in how Joss is going to develop Amy Acker's character. You just know he's going to do something big with her. I only hope Fox gives him the time to do it.

[quote name='Lice']Joss Whedon needs to either stop doing tv series on Fox, or just switch to films. He needs to learn how to make a story that instantly gets into the groove. Hes to much of a 90's writer/director where he draws stuff out so long.

He needs to write show to show instead of planning a giant 3 season Arc.
[/quote]

The best kind of shows are those that are drawn out. Only you have to have your initial episode be a fucking powerhouse. Like Lost, Sopranos, Dexter, etc. It can't be some weak shit. I guess Heroes would be the perfect example. The first season did not relent, simlar to Lost in that each episode was planned as part of a long arch but felt like finale material. Unfortunately the rest was not as impressive because the creators went a little to far "drawing it out', trying to literally create comic book style story archs that go on all year and only please 50% of the audience.

I think its safe to say that Dushku has become second banana on the hotness scale with Dichen Lachman finally making an appearance in the show

Loved Angel/Buffy, not so much with the Firefly/Serenity.

I really want to like this, I do.

I just can't... yet... if at all. :(

[quote name='fart_bubble']I think its safe to say that Dushku has become second banana on the hotness scale with Dichen Lachman finally making an appearance in the show[/quote]

The March issue of Maxim would like to disagree with you.

[quote name='neocisco'] I didn't know Eliza Dushku could sing.[/quote]

Maybe she should sing all of here lines ;)

Still watching, can see where its going. Could be fun.

just watched it awesome. Loved the show. ELISA looked so cute singing and the lead singer looks like Aisha Tyler. I agree with the Amy angle. We know she can fight after seeing her as Elirianon the last season of Angel and Alias. I want to her kick some serious *ss!! Hope you all keep watching it so we get more. Did you catch the joke she made at Britney Spears.

And who doesnt love those Hulu spots with Eliza!!!

Did anyone catch the look Echo gave Audra when they got back to the dollhouse?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The March issue of Maxim would like to disagree with you.[/quote]

I beg to differ. She's not that impressive in it.

Very meh show. I like the concept in both My Own Worst Enemy and Dollhouse, but they both failed horribly in execution. I think My Own Worst Enemy >> Dollhouse, and a big downfall was they picked the guy from King of Queen's to play Tom, as he was a major factor that caused the show to suck, imho. The guy's a goof and a terrible actor, and meant for bit roles in average/slightly above average sitcoms at best.

I'll still keep watching the show as I still think the concept has potential, as I did with MOWE, but I am fully expecting this to be cancelled less than a full season in. Also, Eliza Dushku is fairly attractive but not drop dead gorgeous or anything imho. Her hotness factor wouldn't be enough to save the show if it stays mired in mediocrity.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I beg to differ. She's not that impressive in it.[/quote]

Well, since you're clearly an expert on this subject, I'll just withdraw my opinion completely...

Seriously, is there any point debating something so subjective? I find her attractive because in addition to her good looks, she's got wit and a badass demeanor. Disagree? Who cares.

All 13 episodes for this season have been shot. Ep 6 is the next one that Whedon wrote so if you have any interest in the show at least stick around until then (3/20). The shows is building to something, you'll see. Here's an interview with Dushku.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/eliza-dushku,24418/

Also, keep an eye on Amy Acker's character. Since she's a Whedon Player expect some interesting developments.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, since you're clearly an expert on this subject, I'll just withdraw my opinion completely...

Seriously, is there any point debating something so subjective? I find her attractive because in addition to her good looks, she's got wit and a badass demeanor. Disagree? Who cares.[/quote]

What the fuck is your problem?

its an eh show
the first episode was crap i think, from there it has gotten better i enjoyed the hunter one, but i dont think this will last too long to be honest.

Finally watched Dolhouse Episode 1 off of Hulu. Eliza Dushku is maddeningly hot! the scenes with her dancing in that skimpy dress made the episode. The first 30-35 minutes or so were really intriguing and I can see a lot of different avenues for the show to take, but the last half of the show was bleh. That ghost shit was trite and terrible, and it just seemed to run out of ideas and merely needed to wrap up the episode. Quite awful, really, and I can see what a lot of the fuss is about how the show isn't a Firefly or Buffy/Angel. I'll be holding onto hope and a few more episodes before I make my judgement, as it can someitmes take time for a show to develop (even for Joss Whedon)....so we'll see.

I really like the Phillip K Dick reality versus deception motif/Total Recall-ness that the show has, but I don't think the writers understand how to properly flesh it out

bread's done
Back