Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy's most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide.
Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.

Editions of the Game (Standard/Collectors'):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cinematic Trailer:

Party Members:

Spoiler

Classes:
Spoiler

DLC Information:
*coming soon*

Mass Effect Universe:

Books:

Spoiler

Comics:
Spoiler

Web-comics:

Posted Image

Edited by Tha Xecutioner, 16 August 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#2 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:28 PM

Can't wait. The 1up RPG blog had an interesting take on the possible reality of what is stated in the teaser trailer (being careful not to spoil anything). I just think it's going to be awesome. Both in story and technical aspects.

Edited by chubbyninja1319, 22 February 2009 - 02:39 PM.

Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#3 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

Does anyone know if we would be able to use save data from the first game on the new one?

Kamagii.png

#4 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

#5 TruVisionary

TruVisionary

I take large steps.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

I can't wait. I've played the First Mass Effect like 7 times already...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Does anyone know if we would be able to use save data from the first game on the new one?

Didn't the person that started blogging here from Bioware say we "should" keep our file? I'm pretty sure.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#7 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

I can't wait for this game. I saw the trailer the other day and loved it. I'm playing through Mass Effect again now, simply because I needed an ME fix after watching that trailer :D
Posted Image

#8 Tyvan

Tyvan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

This cant come soon enough for me guys. I might actually buy this one instead of renting it.

#9 foxdvd

foxdvd

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

I am so excited about this. Mass Effect to me was the first true "Great" game of the next generation. Developers have said that actions in the first game will carry over to the next. My question then is this.

I played the game 3 times through. Each time I made different choices to see how the game played out. Which of those three games will Mass Effect 2 choose to carry over? The first time through the game for me was the way I "wanted" to play the game, and I would hope that would be what carries over, but something tells me the last play-through will be what the game chooses.

Also, can we all agree there will be at least one slow elevator joke in this one?

#10 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Depends on if you have separate save files. If you do, i'd move the ones from your 2nd and 3rd playthroughs to a memory unit so that the f1st playthrough that you wanted is the most recent game save...

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#11 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

Updated the OP with the informal announcement of additional DLC rumored to be named "Fight Club".

Can't wait. The 1up RPG blog had an interesting take on the possible reality of what is stated in the teaser trailer (being careful not to spoil anything). I just think it's going to be awesome. Both in story and technical aspects.

I think I read the same blog you mentioned, as well as some things from IGN, and it seems like the future of Mass Effect is limitless.

If they were to pull off the idea of having your decisions in ME transfer over to ME2, then yes they would have to have that function in the new game.

0sm4.png

#12 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

Why did a moderator delete the last posts of this thread?
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#13 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:51 AM

...Ugh. I want this sequel more than world peace and explicit sexual relations with Kerry Washington. I'm still on the "Geth isn't Shepard" side of the near endless debate stemming from the teaser. ME was the ONLY game I've ever played where I actually felt guilty for neglecting it in favor of others even after multiple play-throughs. Next year is so damn far away but I honestly doubt this sequel will shape up to be anything less than worth the wait.

I played the game 3 times through. Each time I made different choices to see how the game played out. Which of those three games will Mass Effect 2 choose to carry over? The first time through the game for me was the way I "wanted" to play the game, and I would hope that would be what carries over, but something tells me the last play-through will be what the game chooses.

Agreed. I'd assume unless you've stored different saves for each play-through the last of them would remain dominate. Hence why whenever I play with my original I always try to make the same decisions. Otherwise... (for now) it wouldn't make much sense for the sequel to force a player into loading their most recent profile if they've stored multiples on their hard drive.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#14 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:32 AM

Whatever they decide I'd totally go through and play the game over again while doing what I want from ME to be carried over to ME2. ^^ I highly doubt that Shepard is killed. I just finished reading the first ME book, Revelation, gotta purchase the second one now or maybe wait after the game like I did with the first book.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#15 greatscot

greatscot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Whatever they decide I'd totally go through and play the game over again while doing what I want from ME to be carried over to ME2. ^^ I highly doubt that Shepard is killed. I just finished reading the first ME book, Revelation, gotta purchase the second one now or maybe wait after the game like I did with the first book.

Go ahead and get the second book. It's good. It basically goes off on a side story that doesn't really affect anything with the story of the game. It would be cool if ME2 referenced it though. I don't want to give any spoilers.
Get 360 games for free. PM me for more info.
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=241246

#16 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

Updated the OP with 2 more artworks and a leaked gameplay video of ME2 (being shown in its developmental stages) that were recently released. The two pictures seem to be a mass relay station and a bar/cantina. Hopefully we'll continue to get more information (aside from pictures) as days go by! 2010 can't come quick enough 8-)

Edited by Tha Xecutioner, 06 April 2009 - 10:47 AM.

0sm4.png

#17 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:37 PM

A.I seems dumb. But then again, compared to the last game, about the same.

#18 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

The AI was pretty unremarkable in ME1, but didn't suck too bad...Every now and then they'd go and die quickly, but you got the ability to revive them so they weren't ever a huge liability.

I'm really looking forward to this game, just hope there's a CAG-worthy deal for it at launch.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 dropbearGSH

dropbearGSH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Things that need to be fixed for ME2:
1) fighting in the Mako: if I can aim at it, I should be able to shoot it.
2) a little more variety in the hacking/unlocking minigame (if you can call it a minigame)

Edited by dropbearGSH, 16 April 2009 - 12:34 AM.

#20 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

New pre-e3 teaser up.

Notice the beginning screen, Shepard is listed "MIA", not "KIA"

Edited by Anexanhume, 15 May 2009 - 05:13 PM.

#21 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

I'm torn between the PC and 360 versions. On one hand I've got my save on the 360, on the other I've got a rad PC and I can pray for free DLC and mods.

#22 Superfro33

Superfro33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Holy balls I can't wait for this game.
Posted Image
Episode 54 - Comic Jumper/Dead Rising 2/Enslaved/Castlevania: LoS/Guitar Hero: WoR/NBA 2K11 (MP3)

#23 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

This game looks amazing...awesomeness below;

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#24 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

Updated the OP with the new E3 Prelude Video, as well as the above screenshots and a few new artworks/wallpapers.

---------------

I can't wait for E3 to roll around, if that prelude video is a sign of what's to come. Mass Effect 2 looks better and better the more I hear or see about it.

0sm4.png

#25 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, I beat Mass Effect on my 360 twice on an old account, but since it is confirmed that your stuff travels to the next game, I'm definitely going to replay it in the next few months when I get time and do everything possible.

...And because I love the game. :P

ME2 looks amazing, sounds like they know what they are doing.

#26 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

I'm going to have to load up my saves before long and double-check my actions to make sure that's what I really want for Mass Effect 2. (And, of course, have an alternate save with all of the opposite decisions)

0sm4.png

#27 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

I'm going to have to load up my saves before long and double-check my actions to make sure that's what I really want for Mass Effect 2. (And, of course, have an alternate save with all of the opposite decisions)

I remember how much time I spent playing through it several times to create the "perfect save" for ME2. Certainly glad they're honoring their word about that making a difference, not that I would have felt any time spent playing Mass Effect was wasted.

Needless to say, these videos made my day.

33126.png

#28 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

I remember how much time I spent playing through it several times to create the "perfect save" for ME2.

I did the same thing throughout the 3 or 4 times I beat the game. I guess it wouldn't hurt to make sure it's what I really want, since it's going to be set in stone once the save is loaded up for Mass Effect 2.

0sm4.png

#29 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

I can't wait for this game. Already played through the first game about 4 times, and working on my 5th. I'm pretty sure I know which save I'm going to use. The one where I'm the huge douchebag XD

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#30 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

Solid trailer is solid. Still irked I can't play it until next year but who ever said life was fair? ;(

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you.