Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#3961 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Nice news about the release date for Overlord.

I'm more curious about what they're going to do for a demo of ME2. Anyone think of any good bits that would work for that possibility, since demos tend to be 30-60 minutes in length.

More curiously, would they have a pre-picked character class, and if so, what class?

I imagine it's just going to be the opening sequence (minus the wake-up from being dead part.) That's essentially the tutorial for the game and I would think that would make a good demo. End it right after getting onto the ship but before you start talking about what happened in the first game, or take it all the way until after talking to Illusive Man.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#3962 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:15 PM

I imagine it's just going to be the opening sequence (minus the wake-up from being dead part.) That's essentially the tutorial for the game and I would think that would make a good demo. End it right after getting onto the ship but before you start talking about what happened in the first game, or take it all the way until after talking to Illusive Man.

Makes the most sense to me, though I think you'd need to do it from the opening sequence up to the escape from the medical facility.

#3963 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

I bought ME2 used. Is it Cerberus Network DLC?
Posted Image

#3964 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

I bought ME2 used. Is it Cerberus Network DLC?

Nope, it's paid DLC-- 560 points.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3965 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

Nope, it's paid DLC-- 560 points.

Didn't realize what I typed lol. I meant is it worth getting?
Posted Image

#3966 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Didn't realize what I typed lol. I meant is it worth getting?

Check a few pages back in the thread for commentary about it.

From everything we've seen so far, it looks like it will be worth getting.

#3967 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

I'm guessing the most we'll get regarding Mass Effect 3 at E3 is maybe a few more interviews where Casey Hudson and crew drop a few more hints regarding the final game. A short teaser trailer would be great to get the speculation train running wild again (like it did with the Shepard KIA status and the then-unknown geth). I expect the promotion of Overlord more than anything, with maybe a hint of the next big piece of DLC for ME2.

Regardless, any Mass Effect news is fine by me.

#3968 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:22 AM

Same here! As a matter of fact I just bought this off of ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...:L:COSI:US:1123

AWesome find! That's one faceplate that I'd spring $20 for, no question.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#3969 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:31 AM

I'm guessing the most we'll get regarding Mass Effect 3 at E3 is maybe a few more interviews where Casey Hudson and crew drop a few more hints regarding the final game. A short teaser trailer would be great to get the speculation train running wild again (like it did with the Shepard KIA status and the then-unknown geth). I expect the promotion of Overlord more than anything, with maybe a hint of the next big piece of DLC for ME2.

Regardless, any Mass Effect news is fine by me.

Yeah, a teaser similar to the original ME 2 one would be awesome to see.

Same here! As a matter of fact I just bought this off of ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...:L:COSI:US:1123

Damn! I want that.

#3970 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Now that I have my new phone, I wanted to drop some ME sound effects on it. I was hoping for the level up music cue for my new message alert. Anyone have a mp3 file of it?

I had downloaded a torrent some time back of an audio disc rip that someone did from the ME2 PC disc. I've been trying to find it in there (since it should be), but with over 33,000 files in over 1,000 folders....the hunt is not going well.

BTW, the tags they used to call some of these sound effects in the game's code are hilarious.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#3971 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:25 PM

Now that I have my new phone, I wanted to drop some ME sound effects on it. I was hoping for the level up music cue for my new message alert. Anyone have a mp3 file of it?

I had downloaded a torrent some time back of an audio disc rip that someone did from the ME2 PC disc. I've been trying to find it in there (since it should be), but with over 33,000 files in over 1,000 folders....the hunt is not going well.

BTW, the tags they used to call some of these sound effects in the game's code are hilarious.

What kind of phone? There are a couple mass effect clip app's for the android. They're just okay, not great, but it's ME and it's fun.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#3972 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for the tip. I have an android phone, but the clip apps didn't seem very good from the reviews and I'm guessing they are recorded voice clips. I've got the source audio files, but can't find the one I want.

If I had more time (i.e. was more motivated and less lazy) I should learn how to make one myself. Probably would kill the selection out there.

My Tradelist

#3973 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:44 AM

AWesome find! That's one faceplate that I'd spring $20 for, no question.

I was surprised that I was able to score it at a decent price. I can't wait to check it out when I receive it.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#3974 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

Okay, so I started my Insanity run last night. It's tougher, no doubt, but I'm not far enough in to judge how hard it'll be. I started with an ME1 transfer, with the bonus for beating ME2 already. I went with Sentinel after reading about the tech armor stuff.

Any tips for playing Insanity? Should I restart with a Soldier? I thought about restarting with Soldier just because I'm a run and gun kind of player.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#3975 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:13 AM

If you know someone interested in the game that doesn't have it yet, KMart will have it in-store for $20 next week according to SHC-Gamer.

You meant this week by any chance?
I checked the website and its a deathlink. :(
This will be my next game on the list. $20 is so a good price :)

#3976 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

The ME2 demo is up on Xbox.com, and it weighs in at 2GB.

Here is what they have listed for the demo's description:

Download the Mass Effect 2 demo now! Experience over an hour of action-packed and immersive gameplay from Mass Effect 2. As Commander Shepard, you must survive and escape from a Cerberus space station under siege. Then play through an intense mid-game mission where you must rescue an infamous convict from an impenetrable prison ship. Once you have completed the demo, you can carry over YOUR progress and character into the full game! The demo also includes the Mass Effect "Story So Far" video, detailing the events of Mass Effect 1 narrated by Martin Sheen.

I didn't think they'd put together an hour's worth of gameplay for the demo, though I think what they picked sounds like two good items to put into the demo. Might be worth downloading it just to hear the "Story So Far" video.

#3977 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

Just came here to post about the demo, looks like I was beaten though 8-)

I am excited to see the E3 Microsoft Press conference today - hopefully Mass Effect gets some love.

0sm4.png

#3978 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

I am excited to see the E3 Microsoft Press conference today - hopefully Mass Effect gets some love.

I hope so too.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#3979 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

Just came here to post about the demo, looks like I was beaten though 8-)

Nice to see you can be beaten to the punch once in a while. ;)

I agree, ME should hopefully get some love. I'd wager we'll see an announcement about Overlord, since it'll be available tomorrow, maybe some additional DLC info, plus a teaser for ME3.

#3980 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

The video is available seperately.

http://marketplace.x...00-0000454108ce

It's a decent summary. You have to wonder why they didn't have that come out at ME2's launch
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#3981 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Nice to see you can be beaten to the punch once in a while. ;)

I blame the World Cup for that. Don't get too used to it, though 8-)

0sm4.png

#3982 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

The video is available seperately.

http://marketplace.x...00-0000454108ce

It's a decent summary. You have to wonder why they didn't have that come out at ME2's launch

Well, so much for downloading the demo. 109MB, thank you very much. ;)

I blame the World Cup for that. Don't get too used to it, though 8-)

I'll enjoy it while I can. 8-)

#3983 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

I think it's great that the Previously on Mass Effect video describes Shepard as being male. For me, it's even more evidence that the role of Shepard was not meant to be portrayed by a female lead 8-)

0sm4.png

#3984 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

Can't wait to see that "Previously on Mass Effect" video tonight. I'll have to sneak it in between some of the press conferences....E3 is killing work productivity.

Anyway, that little snippet about the demo is from the following link, which also mentions a premium theme based on Omega going up this week as well! Get yer points ready.

http://links.assetize.com/links/fee817

My Tradelist

#3985 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

The theme is up and 240ms points, I'll edit in the link from the marketplace thread

Mass Effect 2 Omega Premium Theme - 240 Microsoft Points
Posted Image

#3986 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

I've played Mass Effect a bunch on PC, but I still got the epic feel from playing the Demo. Anyone trying it out for the first time will definitely get an urge to buy the game. I have to say though, the graphics are definitely a step down from what I am used to from the PC version, though that was to be expected.

#3987 Arikado

Arikado

...Like Clockwork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'm guessing it's out now to try and attract a new wave of customers. With this demo out and a price drop now (according to the official redesigned ME2 site), it makes sense that they're trying to sell a few more copies.

#3988 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

I'm guessing it's out now to try and attract a new wave of customers. With this demo out and a price drop now (according to the official redesigned ME2 site), it makes sense that they're trying to sell a few more copies.

Didn't see that they dropped the price down to $40. That should get some people to pick it up, especially if they have pre-order credits from Amazon or GS.

Right now, it's supposedly $20 at KMart this week, so that gives you no excuses to pick it up.

Plus, I love the quote at the top:
"The Avatar of Video Games - Except It's Better Written" - Time
:rofl:

#3989 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:41 PM

or the fact it's on sale for $20 @ Kmart
Posted Image

#3990 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

i rented this game and beaten it within a week and got all the cheesemints. can some one tell me what is cerberus? does it give you dlc free if you have the cerberus code or is cerberus like an app store for dlc? might pick it up at kmart