Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#3991 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

From Press Release

By purchasing a new retail copy of Mass Effect 2, players will also receive the full benefits of BioWare's Cerberus Network, an in-game portal that has kept fans engaged with the Mass Effect universe through downloadable content and news. Activated exclusively by original purchasers of Mass Effect 2 through a single-use unlock code that is included in retail and digital versions of the game worldwide, the network has provided over a million Cerberus Network members with new content at no extra charge, including:

• Zaeed Massani, a new member for Commander Shepard's crew who has his own mission and can be used in the entire game
  • The Hammerhead, a heavy assault vehicle that was introduced through with five new vehicle-based missions
  • New Weapons - The Arc Projector and the M-22 Eviscerater Shotgun
  • New Armor - Cerberus Assault Gear

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#3992 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

From Press Release

By purchasing a new retail copy of Mass Effect 2, players will also receive the full benefits of BioWare's Cerberus Network, an in-game portal that has kept fans engaged with the Mass Effect universe through downloadable content and news. Activated exclusively by original purchasers of Mass Effect 2 through a single-use unlock code that is included in retail and digital versions of the game worldwide, the network has provided over a million Cerberus Network members with new content at no extra charge, including:

• Zaeed Massani, a new member for Commander Shepard's crew who has his own mission and can be used in the entire game
  • The Hammerhead, a heavy assault vehicle that was introduced through with five new vehicle-based missions
  • New Weapons - The Arc Projector and the M-22 Eviscerater Shotgun
  • New Armor - Cerberus Assault Gear

so it only comes with one mission, and not the rest. when i saw the new content for no extra charge i thought it was going to be all future dlc

#3993 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

Comes with one character and his loyalty mission
A vehicle and 5 missions based around that
2 new weapons
1 new armor
and IIRC the crash site mission

All the other DLC is likely to be put into a GOTY edition, however they haven't said all the free DLC is over
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#3994 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:19 AM

The theme is up and 240ms points, I'll edit in the link from the marketplace thread

Mass Effect 2 Omega Premium Theme - 240 Microsoft Points

Anyone have this yet? I'm wondering how it looks.

Also, interesting tidbit from Joystiq:

We'll have an interview with Mass Effect chief Casey Hudson for you soon, but we wanted to give you this interesting little tidbit from the interview. Hudson says, "We're pulling in probably over a thousand variables from Mass Effect 2 into Mass Effect 3 if you're importing your save game."

http://www.joystiq.c...-mass-effect-2/

Looking forward to that interview.

#3995 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

Anyone have this yet? I'm wondering how it looks.

0sm4.png

#3996 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

You meant this week by any chance?
I checked the website and its a deathlink. :(
This will be my next game on the list. $20 is so a good price :)

The price is good from 6/13-6/19 so it was next week when I posted that comment on 6/11. There is a Kmartgamer.com thread in the deals forum or just look at the post on kmartgamer.com.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#3997 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:30 AM

Comes with one character and his loyalty mission
A vehicle and 5 missions based around that
2 new weapons
1 new armor
and IIRC the crash site mission

All the other DLC is likely to be put into a GOTY edition, however they haven't said all the free DLC is over

There were 5 missions in the Hammerhead pack so I'm 99% sure all the free DLC is done with. Anything from here on out is going to be pay.

Also no ME 3/ME 2 super-sized expansion or Dragon Age 2 news leaves me dissatisfied with EA's presser today, but nowhere near the trainwreck that was Ubisoft (again) and the snoozefest that was Microsoft.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#3998 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:31 AM

Thanks for that. Doesn't look half bad, I like the friends list section.

#3999 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:04 PM

Overlord is up, BTW. Weighs in at 839MB.

#4000 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

Overlord is up, BTW. Weighs in at 839MB.

Sure is.

Just a warning to those making the purchase today: be prepared for some loud-ass, godawful noises in the early parts of the DLC. Don't have your speakers/surround sound up high like I did :lol:

EDIT: Holy shit this open environment looks fantastic. Much more scenic than ME1's open areas.

Edited by Tha Xecutioner, 15 June 2010 - 01:56 PM.

0sm4.png

#4001 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

839MB? Damn, well at least I can hope it's content rich then and more worth the points. But damn, DLC is starting to take up a chunk of my HDD.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#4002 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

New achievements:

Spoiler

Seems crazy that a game with this much DLC is still only worth 1055 points. What are they saving up for?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#4003 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

D/L'ing overlord now.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#4004 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

From what I've played of the DLC (a small amount so far), it really makes me feel like I've gone back to ME1 - except better.

0sm4.png

#4005 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

New achievements:

Spoiler

Seems crazy that a game with this much DLC is still only worth 1055 points. What are they saving up for?

Wow that is a bit shocking.
Posted Image

#4006 jason00

jason00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

I'm hoping that they are saving up for the rumored Liara/Shadow Broker expansion but since nothing was announced at E3 it doesn't seem that likely.
608312.png

#4007 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

I think that 250 gamerscore is the most they can put up at one time. Even with a full 250 G expansion and a bunch of other random 25 G DLC achievements, Dragon Age hasn't maxed out its 1750 and may never get there.

Either Bioware is planning some major stuff in the future that they need to leave room for, like multiple 250 G expansions... or they just like being stingy with the points.

#4008 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

From what I've played of the DLC (a small amount so far), it really makes me feel like I've gone back to ME1 - except better.

How so does it feel like ME1, but better?

I started DLing it this morning and I'll give it a look when I get home from work.

#4009 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

The open environments, the way you progress through the mission...I'm not sure how to explain it, really. It just feels very ME1-like.

You'll see 8-)

0sm4.png

#4010 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:43 PM

Played the first bit of Overlord this morning. Very entertaining so far, and I loved the creepy, "unknown" atmosphere when first entering the facility.
Spoiler

Also, Joystiq posted another good interview with Casey Hudson.

Some good stuff in there, although the first line says Overlord is "the final piece of Mass Effect 2 DLC," which contradicts the "bridging the gap" DLC mentioned a few weeks ago. :-k

#4011 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Well, that's mildly annoying if Overlord is the last bit of ME2 DLC we'll get before ME3.

I can't imagine we wouldn't be seeing ME3 until at least 4Q 2011, so that would be a long gap without DLC from now until then.

I know they mentioned the "bridging the gap" DLC from before, though there's plenty of time to whip that up in advance of ME3, be it disc-based like DA:O A, or large DLC.

#4012 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

That had to be just a mistake on the part of the Joystiq writer. No one from Bioware has said that Overlord will be the last piece of DLC for ME2. In fact they've implied that it won't, many times.

#4013 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

Michael Gamble, in regards to Overlord being the "final piece" of ME2 DLC:

It's a typo.

#4014 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

Excellent news that it was a typo. Probably meant to put "latest" and he put "last".

#4015 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

Michael Gamble, in regards to Overlord being the "final piece" of ME2 DLC:

Sweet.

I have a nice chunk of content to play through tonight. Never got around to Kasumi and just bought Overlord this morning :D

#4016 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

What new stuff does Overlord come with? Still haven't gotten around to playing Katsumi or whatever the last one was called.

#4017 yester

yester

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

The price is good from 6/13-6/19 so it was next week when I posted that comment on 6/11. There is a Kmartgamer.com thread in the deals forum or just look at the post on kmartgamer.com.

Way to go.
I will check that out. Since K-Mart is so rare, i have to drive a little while to get there.
Great deal :)

#4018 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

Just finished Overlord.

Spoiler

#4019 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

I'm liking Overlord so far; I agree that it feels like a plot planet from ME1 transplanted into ME2's gameplay. Very satisfying.

I just finished the data collection and I'm partway into the first station, going to save the rest for tomorrow.

#4020 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

I think that 250 gamerscore is the most they can put up at one time. Even with a full 250 G expansion and a bunch of other random 25 G DLC achievements, Dragon Age hasn't maxed out its 1750 and may never get there.

Either Bioware is planning some major stuff in the future that they need to leave room for, like multiple 250 G expansions... or they just like being stingy with the points.

Where are you getting the 1750 limit from? Dawn of War 2 has 2000.