Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

As much as I want to play it NOW, I'm happy it's coming out early-mid of next year myself.
Reason being, the only game (that I know of so far) to look forward to IMHO, is FF13.
These next two quaters have more than enough games for me to play, it would be overkill if this came out this year. Plus, the more time, the better it will be. Usually...
(Unless it's Too Human or Fable).

Games coming out this year I'll be playing a lot of:
Halo: ODST, Max Payne 3, Bioshock 2, Assassins Creed 2, Lost Planet 2, Fight Night Round 4, MFW2, Alan Wake (Hopefully), and probably a few more.

Not to mention my backlog is enormous. :P

Posted Image

#32 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

I'd play Mass Effect 2 all the way through two or three times before even touching any of the other games coming out this year - not to say that those upcoming games are anything short of great.

0sm4.png

#33 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

Not me man, it'd be hard to decide. :P
If nothing else, I hope the more time they need to take, makes it that much better. The waiting won't be so hard knowing it will be another masterpiece.

Posted Image

#34 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

I'd play Mass Effect 2 all the way through two or three times before even touching any of the other games coming out this year - not to say that those upcoming games are anything short of great.

I second this notion and will more than likely go through with it. My friend list is going to hate me and I couldn't care less. I met ME before I knew any of them and my loyalty is unyielding. Hmph.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#35 Megalith

Megalith

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

WTF, I didn't realize that those shots are of a fucked up Normandy.

#36 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:21 AM

WTF, I didn't realize that those shots are of a fucked up Normandy.

That's why I posted them; Downed Normandy + (possible) Shepard = I can't fucking wait to play this game!

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#37 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:26 AM

I'm going to be sad if you don't play as Shepard. I got attached to my character. She was a bad ass who didn't take shit from anyone.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#38 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

Yea I've gotta say that video has me excited about ME2, that's the way I like my RPGs baby! Oo

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#39 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Oh shit, I accidently killed Wrex in my 360 playthrough, I didn't think your AI characters would carry over. I'm just going to buy it on PC and get ME2 on PC.

Does anyone else think ME would be a kickass MMORPG? They've got the environments, planets, classes, races and a backstory that would fit well. It would be like SWG but 100 times more awesome.

#40 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Yea a ME MMORPG, sorta like what EA is doing with the NFS game would be a good idea as the potential is there. I wonder if the Rachni return in ME2 since I just let the Queen go last night, first time I killed her. Also if ME2 could combine all the choices you made in ME that would be awesome. Like on Noveria I helped out the Undercover agent and she says I owe you a drink, having a drink with her in the next game would be pretty cool.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#41 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

based on how satisfied I was with the first, it's a no brainer for me to get this one. looks great from what we've barely seen already...

I wonder if those are new geth or something...

#42 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

based on how satisfied I was with the first, it's a no brainer for me to get this one. looks great from what we've barely seen already...

I wonder if those are new geth or something...

No, their white and red skins match those of what was confirmed as an alliance heavy mech concept. They're alliance robots.

#43 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

I'm waiting until after E3 to see if they are going to have a second DLC pack or not for ME 1 then I'm going to do my second run through and get Casey Shepard up to level 60. Screw the consequences, Wrex and Kaiden are still going to be dead after my second playthrough.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#44 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You Can't Quit Me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

I heard they are releasing one more. Hopefully it's not as quick to beat as the first one.
I kept Wrex and Kaiden alive. The girl was annoying and Wrex is really the only badass of the crew. Him with a shotgun = ownage.

Posted Image

#45 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:08 PM

I'm waiting until after E3 to see if they are going to have a second DLC pack or not for ME 1 then I'm going to do my second run through and get Casey Shepard up to level 60. Screw the consequences, Wrex and Kaiden are still going to be dead after my second playthrough.

I heard they are releasing one more. Hopefully it's not as quick to beat as the first one.
I kept Wrex and Kaiden alive. The girl was annoying and Wrex is really the only badass of the crew. Him with a shotgun = ownage.

They are releasing another, but Casey Hudson said to not expect to hear about it until the end of summer.

#46 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

No, their white and red skins match those of what was confirmed as an alliance heavy mech concept. They're alliance robots.

damn... wonder what the alliance has against shepherd... maybe they are teh ones who destroyed the normandy.

#47 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

damn... wonder what the alliance has against shepherd... maybe they are teh ones who destroyed the normandy.

You never see them attacking the protagonist (if it is indeed Shepard).

#48 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Does anyone else think Humans are totally lame in this game?

First playthrough, Wrex and Garrus
Second time, Liari and Tali (Used Garrus until I got Liari)

I really wish I could play as a Krogan :(

#49 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:56 AM

http://www.joystiq.c...ly-dark-broody/
Looks like ME2 will be like Empire Strikes Back with a dark and broody setting! OHHH YEAAH.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#50 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:16 AM

I really hope the usual Unreal engine bugs don't pop up again like slow-loading textures. It really took me out of the game sometimes to have a close-up conversation going and then when I'm almost done the texture pops in and I can finally see who I'm talking to.

#51 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

I really hope the usual Unreal engine bugs don't pop up again like slow-loading textures. It really took me out of the game sometimes to have a close-up conversation going and then when I'm almost done the texture pops in and I can finally see who I'm talking to.

They said they've addressed the pop-in and loading issues. Fixing the problems of the first game were there top priorities.

#52 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

I foresee major post-E3 fappage then :)

#53 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

They said they've addressed the pop-in and loading issues. Fixing the problems of the first game were there top priorities.

Yea I thought after installing the game to the hdd it would help it but it really didn't. Bump maps/texture maps are cool but without them the experience is a game and you realize it then. The nice thing about mapping is that it allows for high detail while the poly limit isn't reached.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#54 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:30 AM

Just got the latest issue of the official Xbox magazine w/ ME2 on the cover. There is about 5 or 6 pages of content, with new details. I haven't read it through yet, but it looks like there is a new character called Thane (new alien species) that may join your crew. They also say that the Geth from the teaser is a specific character, not a generic Geth, and that he factors into the story.

Also something about the teaser trailer being playable (???) at E3 along with details on the new loading system (bye bye elevators?).

I'll post more after I read through it.

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#55 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

Okay, here goes....info from OXM:

- You WILL play as Shepard, but for how long we don't know
- There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party
- Planets - There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is "Omega" with is like an anti-Citadel in that it's huge and it's the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.
- Story - The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and it's enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disapearing and it's up to Shepard to investigate, it's termed as a "suicide mission" which may lead to the details of the teaser.
- New vehicle that controls better than the Mako...a "new" control scheme....motion control maybe?
- Totally revamped inventory system!
- Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you're at and where you're travelling.
- NO MORE TEXTURE POP IN!
- Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.
- Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.
- Also on the story, they're super-hyping the ending, saying that it's much more grand meaningful in ME2. ME1 had one of the most impacting endings ever, how the hell are they gonna pull this off?
- More weapons, more species, more/new team members.
- returning team members, locations, weapons.

All in all, an excellent article. I tried to capture the most important news. It's really a giant tease for E3.

Oh, and they say there will be one more DLC for ME1, which should be announced soon!

#56 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

All excellent news.

If anyone finds scans of the OXM article for Mass Effect 2, let me know and I will include them in the OP.

0sm4.png

#57 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Nothing about no more copy pasta side planets? I really hope they don't do that again, even if the new vehicle handles better than the Mako.

#58 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:46 PM

If there's one more DLC for OG ME then I might go find me a copy again if it links to the new game.

#59 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

They did say that planet exploration would be more involved, not just cursory scans with non-important info. Plus, the planets you can land on will be more varied.

Regarding the second DLC for ME1, I took away from it that it would be a sort of link between ME1 and ME2, but they didn't say anything specifically.

Edited by chubbyninja1319, 23 May 2009 - 12:37 AM.

#60 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:28 AM

Here, check this out....

http://www.xbox360ac...Latest-OXM.html

They did a better job than I did of recapping what's in the new OXM.