Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#6001 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Well I still need to beat Insanity on the PS3 version. Hmm... ;)

Well, fire up those kinetic barriers, strap on those biotic amps and lets do this fellas!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#6002 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well, fire up those kinetic barriers, strap on those biotic amps and lets do this fellas!

Just may take me until ME4 comes out to get this done, with the ridiculous lack of free time I've had recently and semi-recently.

ME2 is the only game I've wanted to do all the achievements for, though the Insanity run is the only one that eludes me.

#6003 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

ME2 is the only game I've wanted to do all the achievements for, though the Insanity run is the only one that eludes me.

Talking to Chubby about doing ME2 on insanity convinced me to give it a try. I've played a lot as an infiltrator, so for Insanity I decided to go with my Engineer. It came down to a decision between the cloak and the drone, and in the end I decided I wanted that drone for distraction purposes. I am still in the Archangel recruitment mission, but so far so good.

Simosaurus.png

#6004 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Talking to Chubby about doing ME2 on insanity convinced me to give it a try. I've played a lot as an infiltrator, so for Insanity I decided to go with my Engineer. It came down to a decision between the cloak and the drone, and in the end I decided I wanted that drone for distraction purposes. I am still in the Archangel recruitment mission, but so far so good.

I did Normal as a Vanguard and Hard as an Adept, though from what I've seen in here, Soldier, Engineer or Infiltrator seem to be better choices for Insanity.

I thought I'd do it as Soldier, though I may try Engineer and see how it goes.

#6005 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I used Engineer on 360, it was very difficult but doable. I suspect Soldier might be easier, and if I try it again that's what I'll use. Then again ammo might be an issue.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6006 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I used Soldier when I did it. Yes, I spammed Adrenaline Rush, but dat Revenant :D

only really hard part was the collector ship. The end of Horizon is tricky but not too difficult with a little strategy, have to weaken those Scions from a distance.

#6007 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

So far I've played a couple nights and have gotten through the Lazarus Project opening mission, through Freedoms Progress and recruited Mordin and then Garrus. The Garrus mission is where I quit the last two times. I died a few times, but it wasn't that bad. Now I'm gonna go upgrade some gear, maybe scan some planets, then go get Grunt.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6008 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

I used Soldier when I did it. Yes, I spammed Adrenaline Rush, but dat Revenant :D

only really hard part was the collector ship. The end of Horizon is tricky but not too difficult with a little strategy, have to weaken those Scions from a distance.

You can outright KILL the Scions without engaging them. As long as you're patient. It completely bypasses that sequence and you can contact EDI immediately.

And yeah, I did it with the Soldier using Adrenaline Rush and the Revenant. Not that garbage gun they give you in ME3, but the REAL DEAL. Fondly remembering tearing through enemies with that gun, makes me want to replay ME2 for a 7th time.
Fight for the Lost

#6009 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

You can outright KILL the Scions without engaging them. As long as you're patient. It completely bypasses that sequence and you can contact EDI immediately.

And yeah, I did it with the Soldier using Adrenaline Rush and the Revenant. Not that garbage gun they give you in ME3, but the REAL DEAL. Fondly remembering tearing through enemies with that gun, makes me want to replay ME2 for a 7th time.

Oh, I know that, I just didnt want to say it :D But now, I'll admit I fully took those Scions out from about as far back as I could.

The Revenant really was such a great gun in ME2. I think its the sole reason I went with Soldier in the majority of my playthroughs. I always said I wanted to use other classes (I did go through it as an Adept and maybe as an Engineer) but Soldier usually triumphed over the others for that reason.

#6010 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, that was a lifesaver. ;)

The ME2 Revenant is awesome.

#6011 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Revenant + accuracy upgrade you mean. Without it it's not nearly as good.

#6012 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

I ended up doing it with Infiltrator. The Collector platform sequence was far and away the most difficult for me.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6013 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I ended up doing it with Infiltrator. The Collector platform sequence was far and away the most difficult for me.

I know it kicked my ass on Hard, I can only imagine how messy it would be on Insanity.

#6014 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

The biggest thing about Insanity for me was running out of ammo so I don't know how Soldier would do, esp with the Revenant just churning through your ammo reserves.

That's why I think going Engie worked so well, tech powers FTW!
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6015 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

The biggest thing about Insanity for me was running out of ammo so I don't know how Soldier would do, esp with the Revenant just churning through your ammo reserves.

That's why I think going Engie worked so well, tech powers FTW!

Good point. Will have to keep that in mind.

#6016 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, I'm very concerned about ammo. But ME3 Insanity with a Soldier was such a breeze it makes me wonder how bad ME2 would be.

#6017 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Okay...so how do you get through Horizon without dealing with the Scions, exactly?
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6018 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

You mean those two scions hanging out before the Praetorian fight? You can snipe them down before you enter the room if you have just the right angle.

Posted Image

#6019 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Enter the room, but stay on the stairs. And then snipe away. Usually, their gun-arms are sticking out and you can hit those. Best to snipe with something that doesn't have vertical muzzle climb (i.e. single shot weapons). It may take a while to kill them, but keep at it. Small chunks of the Scion fly off, so you know you're hitting it.

Also, ammo wasn't an issue when playing through Insanity as a Soldier. The default ammo in the Revenant is 80/480. With the ammo pack (save and reload if it isn't working), it jumps to 80/527. If you unload all 560/607 shots and aren't able to find an ammo clip before running out, you're doing something horribly wrong. Of course, if you DO run out of ammo, there's always the Heavy Weapon, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol.

You know what, Chubbs? I think I'll join you in the ME2 Insanity run. Will probably get to it on Friday or late Thursday.

Edited by dualedge2, 10 January 2013 - 03:24 AM.

Fight for the Lost

#6020 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Enter the room, but stay on the stairs. And then snipe away. Usually, their gun-arms are sticking out and you can hit those. Best to snipe with something that doesn't have vertical muzzle climb (i.e. single shot weapons). It may take a while to kill them, but keep at it. Small chunks of the Scion fly off, so you know you're hitting it.

Also, ammo wasn't an issue when playing through Insanity as a Soldier. The default ammo in the Revenant is 80/480. With the ammo pack (save and reload if it isn't working), it jumps to 80/527. If you unload all 560/607 shots and aren't able to find an ammo clip before running out, you're doing something horribly wrong. Of course, if you DO run out of ammo, there's always the Heavy Weapon, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol.

I dont even think I ever used the ammo pack, I just rotated weapons if the Revenant got really low on ammo. Most parts, it was fine using the Locust, Heavy Pistol, or Viper if I needed to for a short bit until I found more ammo.

#6021 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

With the ammo pack, I never got low :lol:

It was basically using the Revenant and Viper the whole way.
Fight for the Lost

#6022 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

a glorious combo!

Man, seeing this thread is making me want to bump up my next ME2 run. I was gonna wait until after I finished my KOTOR playthrough (9th time through, first in over 2 years) and then Portal 2, Skyrim DLC, and Borderlands 2....but now I'm just getting excited to play it. Brings a smile to my face knowing that I could kick some Collector ass again 8-)

#6023 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Here's another dumb question.....where do you get the viper? ? I started with the mantis and can't remember where to get the viper. Was it on thane's recruitment mission?
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6024 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thane's recruitment, and IIRC there are two chances to get it if you miss it the first time.

#6025 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Lol you guys are making me want to attempt 1000-ing Mass Effect 1, damn ally achievements. :cold:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6026 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Lol you guys are making me want to attempt 1000-ing Mass Effect 1, damn ally achievements. :cold:

Do it dude. I knocked 'em all out this year. After a certain point, it gets to be auto-pilot. I was generally working on shit while just blasting through the game over and over.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#6027 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Do it dude. I knocked 'em all out this year. After a certain point, it gets to be auto-pilot. I was generally working on shit while just blasting through the game over and over.

Yeah, same here. I ended up doing 6 playthroughs total, but I completed all of the ally achievements before doing any higher-difficulty playthroughs. You could combine those if you wanted. ME1 can easily be beaten in 5-6 hours if you just blast through it.

Also, it's possible to get all of the ally achievements just by completing the main quest and all of the sidequests on the Citadel and the main story planets. I barely touched any of those random planet sidequests or the collect-a-thon stuff.

#6028 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

ME1 and all the achievements takes a lot more time than ME2 does. :shock:

Yeah, same here. I ended up doing 6 playthroughs total, but I completed all of the ally achievements before doing any higher-difficulty playthroughs. You could combine those if you wanted. ME1 can easily be beaten in 5-6 hours if you just blast through it.

Also, it's possible to get all of the ally achievements just by completing the main quest and all of the sidequests on the Citadel and the main story planets. I barely touched any of those random planet sidequests or the collect-a-thon stuff.

How could you do ME1 in 5-6 hours?

#6029 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

How could you do ME1 in 5-6 hours?

Skipping dialogue when possible, rushing through the mandatory content only, staying out of the menus. That's what I did for my Hardcore and Insanity runs.

#6030 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

I have an ME1 Engineer run going to get the engineering and ally achievements. Next I was going to do an adept on hardcore for a couple biotic cheevos and the last two ally ones. After that I was gonna do an insanity speed run as a soldier, hoping Ryuu would impart some of his wisdom on that when the time came. ;)

But first....100% for ME2!
Chubbyninja1319.png