Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#6031 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Yup have Tali and Liara ally achievements, the hardest ones to get, left along with Engineer and Adept powers to nab. So obviously it looks like I'll have to do 2 playthroughs lol. Yeah I've got a guide too.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6032 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

hoping Ryuu would impart some of his wisdom on that when the time came. ;)

Ha. My wisdom is this, as best I can remember: Level 60 Soldier + max points in Immunity + Spectre Master assault rifle with Frictionless Materials X. Immunity makes you almost invincible and the cooldown is only a few seconds longer than the ability itself, so you can spam it constantly. Meanwhile you can hold down the fire button for ages and not overheat. You still might die once in a while going toe-to-toe with a krogan, but overall it is a pretty broken setup.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6033 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

High Explosive Rounds X + HMWSG X (or any shotgun really) = Bye bye krogan. And anyone else for that matter. It had a small radius explosion, so aim between two targets for maximum hilarity.

And if they don't die, they'll be flying all over the place, giving the gun time to cool before they get back up.
Fight for the Lost

#6034 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I've done all the ally achievements for ME1, they honestly werent too difficult. Just picked the 2 squaddies I wanted to roll with and used em all the time. But, I still have the Insanity achievement and several others to wrap up, probably at least another 1-2 playthroughs to do so.

#6035 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I've done all the ally achievements for ME1, they honestly werent too difficult. Just picked the 2 squaddies I wanted to roll with and used em all the time. But, I still have the Insanity achievement and several others to wrap up, probably at least another 1-2 playthroughs to do so.

Yeah initially I always changed my setup, going with different people and such.

Wow even on Normal I get killed by a Krogan because, wait for it, Mass Effect 1 is technically inferior to ME2/ME3. So, when I pick up Liara, the Krogan rushes me and I'm just used to combat rolling, wait that's not existent yet lol, knocking me down. That is I'm down and can't do anything, try to get up and the Krogan (who's like hovering in mid air above my body) is like nah you stay down... DEAD. WTF! Reload save and take everyone out in like seconds because you know you can chain a shit ton of powers yo.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#6036 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Yeah initially I always changed my setup, going with different people and such.

Wow even on Normal I get killed by a Krogan because, wait for it, Mass Effect 1 is technically inferior to ME2/ME3. So, when I pick up Liara, the Krogan rushes me and I'm just used to combat rolling, wait that's not existent yet lol, knocking me down. That is I'm down and can't do anything, try to get up and the Krogan (who's like hovering in mid air above my body) is like nah you stay down... DEAD. WTF! Reload save and take everyone out in like seconds because you know you can chain a shit ton of powers yo.

That's the issue for anyone who does ME1 after ME2 or ME3. Lots of WTF moments.

#6037 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

High Explosive Rounds X + HMWSG X (or any shotgun really) = Bye bye krogan. And anyone else for that matter. It had a small radius explosion, so aim between two targets for maximum hilarity.

And if they don't die, they'll be flying all over the place, giving the gun time to cool before they get back up.

Hi-Ex X + Shotgun. C'mon guys. I greatly doubt anyone's using their shotgun (at least in ME1), so why not give it a shot? He's going to be a very dead krogan after one hit :lol:

Almost forgot: For those of you replaying ME1, turn OFF the AUTO-SAVE. Turning this off makes the game run more smoothly with less stutter and pausing (for example, landing on planets is a much smoother experience where you can immediately start driving around after landing). It might also cause the game to crash less because auto-saving is where it likes to crash the most but, I'm not entirely sure. However, this has the side effect of requiring you to manually save more often due to the possibility of the game crashing.

Edited by dualedge2, 11 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

Fight for the Lost

#6038 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Shame on all of you for wanting to rush through ME 1! Best of the entire series (turns head to the right and walks away).

#6039 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I went and looked at the ME1 achievements again, I'm missing the following ones:

-Insanity playthrough
-Pinnacle Station DLC cheevos (which I plan on picking up when I go back to ME1, I got in on Target BF points so I dont feel bad spending 400 MSP on it anymore)
-150 Sniper Rifle Kills (whoops)
-75 Damping Fields
-75 AI Hacks
-75 Overloads
-75 Sabotages
-75 Neural Shocks

I remember thinking a lot of those would also count if my squad used them as well as Shepard but thats not true....so I'll have to start up some playthroughs again for these.

#6040 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

I had a lot of fun with Pinnacle station when I went back and gave it a chance. Those achievements were fun to get and a little challenging iirc.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#6041 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I expect it will be. Not sure what character I'll do it with, probably one of the level 60 soldiers I have.

#6042 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

My insanity run carries on. I'm doing a mission a night, with a few nights off here and there. I just got through Horizon last night without much trouble. I think the hardest thing so far was Garrus' recruitment mission.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6043 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Decided I'm going to run through the whole trilogy again on PS3. When I finish ME1 and import into ME2 I'll decide if I want to make it an Insanity PT. :)

#6044 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

My insanity run carries on. I'm doing a mission a night, with a few nights off here and there. I just got through Horizon last night without much trouble. I think the hardest thing so far was Garrus' recruitment mission.

Nice. I think the hard part was when Garrus has you close the doors on the first floor.

Are you doing your Insanity PT as a New Game+ (importing a saved ME2 character) or as an imported ME1 character?

Had to put my own Insanity PT on hold. I messed up a few decisions in ME1 and had to go replay parts of it to correct the mistakes. Thankfully, it didn't take too long, but I'm replaying ME2 as quickly as possible on a lower difficulty before leaping back into Insanity. Shouldn't take too long, but it's a fairly large setback.
Fight for the Lost

#6045 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nice. I think the hard part was when Garrus has you close the doors on the first floor.

Oh god, I'm getting 'Nam flashbacks. :cold:

The part on IIRC the left side, with the small corridor and the flamethrower vorcha waiting to surprise one-shot you around a tight blind corner. I just had to laugh the first time that happened.

#6046 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

The part on IIRC the left side, with the small corridor and the flamethrower vorcha waiting to surprise one-shot you around a tight blind corner. I just had to laugh the first time that happened.

That part and the floating platforms coming at you with all those god damn scions. Pain in the ass for my biotics but no problem for my infiltrator :D

#6047 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

That's exactly where I stopped the last two tries, but this time it was the other side that gave me trouble. Those fucking varren and vorcha.....rrrrrr!

Based on what everyone was saying, I expected Horizon to slay me, but it wasn't bad at all.

Dualedge, I'm playing with an imported ME1 character after having finished ME2 already. Best of both options.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6048 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

That's exactly where I stopped the last two tries, but this time it was the other side that gave me trouble. Those fucking varren and vorcha.....rrrrrr!

Based on what everyone was saying, I expected Horizon to slay me, but it wasn't bad at all.

Dualedge, I'm playing with an imported ME1 character after having finished ME2 already. Best of both options.

Since my Soldier is my main character, I always Adrenaline Rush the corner and annihilate the flamer quickly. What irritates me is the part with the varren and vorcha (like Chubbs mentioned) because progressing is a little difficult when you're getting swarmed. Worse still, Garrus is taking damage the whole while so you really have to pace yourself.

As for importing, I prefer importing a completed ME2 character. Saves me the resources of making all those heavy weapons again :lol: That, being level 30, and having access to all (almost, except for the Geth Pulse Rifle but it's not very good) weapons helps.
Fight for the Lost

#6049 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Yeah, having access to the weapons would be real nice right about now. The Mantis is fine, but the viper or widow would be better.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6050 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Likely gonna start up my next ME2 run again tonight. Trying to decide between an Infiltrator or Engineer...decisions decisions. But then again, Dat Revenant :D

#6051 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

ME1: Just finished up Feros, with the playthrough where I'm going to run with Liara and Tali all the way to get the achievo, and got stuck in the ground/wall when you're taking on the Thorian. Luckily I just crouched and it got me out of it! That Asari clone was no match with Tali's Overload and Liara's throw and singularity skills. :D

I forgot how much I hated going through inventory, why can't I hit up to go to the last item on my list!

#6052 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I think I'm going to start up ME1 tonight. I can't decide on Meer or Hale. :)

#6053 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

I started up ME2 again Saturday night. Playing as a Sentinel on Veteran, liking it a lot. Just on Omega now doing Mordin's recruitment. Tech armor ftw!

#6054 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Recruited Mordin tonight. Curious, what do you guys usually do when Shepard meets Daniel and the Batarians? I usually charm/intimidate them into releasing Daniel and then let them go but I RP'd this Shep to kill them afterwards, he has distrusting memories of the Batarians from the Elysian Blitz and Bring Down The Sky, especially after being forced to let Balak go in order to save the scientists. Interestingly, he helped the Batarian victim from the plague, so he doesnt view ALL Batarians as bad guys.

#6055 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Recruited Mordin tonight. Curious, what do you guys usually do when Shepard meets Daniel and the Batarians? I usually charm/intimidate them into releasing Daniel and then let them go but I RP'd this Shep to kill them afterwards, he has distrusting memories of the Batarians from the Elysian Blitz and Bring Down The Sky, especially after being forced to let Balak go in order to save the scientists. Interestingly, he helped the Batarian victim from the plague, so he doesnt view ALL Batarians as bad guys.

I always talk through it and get them to release Daniel and save the wounded Batarian on the way to the clinic. But, I've always hunted down Galen in Bets in ME1, so go figure.

I did Miranda's loyalty mission last night, but when it dropped me back in the bar on Illium I don't have squad points to distribute. I had 2 per squadie going in and 2 when it was over. Something doesn't seem right. So I need to go back to the Normandy and talk to Miranda for the experience points to trigger??
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6056 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I always talk through it and get them to release Daniel and save the wounded Batarian on the way to the clinic. But, I've always hunted down Galen in Bets in ME1, so go figure.

I did Miranda's loyalty mission last night, but when it dropped me back in the bar on Illium I don't have squad points to distribute. I had 2 per squadie going in and 2 when it was over. Something doesn't seem right. So I need to go back to the Normandy and talk to Miranda for the experience points to trigger??

Maybe you didn't level up? Loyalty missions with the EXP boost give ~920 IIRC. So it's possible to not level up from one.

#6057 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Maybe you didn't level up? Loyalty missions with the EXP boost give ~920 IIRC. So it's possible to not level up from one.

That has to be it because I know slam unlocked.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6058 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Played through Eden Prime in ME1 PS3 last night. It's pretty much exactly the same as the Xbox version, I do feel like it played a little bit smoother though (monster mandatory install probably helps!). I'm kind of dreading the Mako sections, but I have to say, no matter how old that game gets it still looks and feels damn good to play. I'm thinking I might go for the ally achievements trophies for Ashley and Garrus.

#6059 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, that's usually what I've done too. Decided last night though to take a different approach, this Shep has nothing but bad history with Batarian hostage situations and feeling guilt over letting Balak go to save Kate Bowman, so he didn't trust those Batarians to honor the terms. I did save the wounded Batarian in the street since he was helpless and had information about the situation.

#6060 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I was surprised to see that the long pauses in dialog in ME1 are pretty much gone, patched maybe? Aside from Liara looking over her shoulder/Kaiden just staring at me approaching him for like a minute before she/he decides to talk to me. lol