Photo
- - - - -

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#6061 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yeah I was surprised to see that the long pauses in dialog in ME1 are pretty much gone, patched maybe? Aside from Liara looking over her shoulder/Kaiden just staring at me approaching him for like a minute before she/he decides to talk to me. lol

I've had one instance where Shepard's mouth moved but the audio didn't play. The frame rate just seems smoother overall than what I remember on the 360. However, it takes a year and a day to manually save the game. Is the PS3's HDD like radically slower than the 360's?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6062 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Well that's odd, last night driving around in the Mako -in ME1- I couldn't zoom in with the gun (after I had used the feature on the Moon looking at Earth actually). I could still fire and everything but I had to be really good to line up the explosive shot lol.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6063 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

My insanity run progress continues. I did Miranda's loyalty mission and have recruited Thane. Next up is Samara and Garrus' loyalty mission before recruiting Tali and off to the Collector ship. All in all, things are going rather well. I'm having a lot of fun this time around (not that I didn't the last times).

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

~<{   Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition  }>~

#6064 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

I did Grunt's recruitment mission two nights ago and for the first time really felt myself missing ME3's gampelay. That final combat sequence before meeting Okeer really kicked my ass, I kept having trouble getting into cover and I was reminded of how ME2 would just have Shep stop everytime he got hit by an enemy, and he couldnt ever move into cover before dying.

Especially painful because I actually got through it on the first try and then I messed up the hack afterwards and screwed myself outta 1500 credits....thought "I'll just go through it again can't be that bad", 45 minutes later....ugh. Sad that that fight was infinitely harder for me than the actual boss fight with Jedore, the mech, and the krogan.

#6065 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

That battle just before Okeer is tough. I got through it by the skin of my teeth...squad dead, no gels and nearly out of ammo.

Last night I did Jacks loyalty mission and recruited Samara. It's going really well, to the point that I've checked to make sure it's still on Insanity.

#6066 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

It definitely gets easier as you get further into the game. All those weapon upgrades and stuff start to give you the advantage over the enemies.

#6067 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

That final combat sequence before meeting Okeer really kicked my ass, I kept having trouble getting into cover and I was reminded of how ME2 would just have Shep stop everytime he got hit by an enemy, and he couldnt ever move into cover before dying.

Weird. I have never had this problem is all 7 (soon to be 8 & 9, but I can't be sure for those) of my PTs. As for when I do that section, I take a certain path through the area and I've always made it through just fine.

Btw, the squad AI is pretty stupid. Don't EVER rely on it. I remember letting my squad get downed during the end of Reaper IF/F mission and just kiting the husks to my heart's content.

Damn Borderlands 2. Really sidetracked me on getting to my new Insanity PT.
Fight for the Lost

#6068 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Weird. I have never had this problem is all 7 (soon to be 8 & 9, but I can't be sure for those) of my PTs. As for when I do that section, I take a certain path through the area and I've always made it through just fine.

Btw, the squad AI is pretty stupid. Don't EVER rely on it. I remember letting my squad get downed during the end of Reaper IF/F mission and just kiting the husks to my heart's content.

Damn Borderlands 2. Really sidetracked me on getting to my new Insanity PT.

This is my 7th play though as well and I always had this happen in ME2, especially when getting hit by the Blue Suns rockets. I mean, it's realistic, but it's annoying as hell to not be able to get to cover either.

#6069 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Blue Suns really do love them some rockets, don't they? I noticed that nearly every firefight vs Mercs has a steady stream of rockets whizzing past my head. Way more than I remembered in ME2 and definitely more than in ME3.

#6070 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

yeah, ME3 didnt have that at all. Like I said, first time I found myself missing the ME3 combat.

Up tonight should be Kasumi's loyalty mission (dat Locust) and probably Jack's recruitment.

#6071 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Yes, I'm also doing my insanity run and those rockets are getting a little crazy. But if I can identify where they are coming from, I overload the shields and then have Jack yank them out of cover with Pull and it's not so bad.

Simosaurus.png

#6072 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

This is my 7th play though as well and I always had this happen in ME2, especially when getting hit by the Blue Suns rockets. I mean, it's realistic, but it's annoying as hell to not be able to get to cover either.

Since I favor playing the Soldier, I just AR to cover. Little to no hits and in cover very quickly. I can understand how other classes would have difficulty with it. Just something other classes have to find a way around, I guess.
Fight for the Lost

#6073 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Since I favor playing the Soldier, I just AR to cover. Little to no hits and in cover very quickly. I can understand how other classes would have difficulty with it. Just something other classes have to find a way around, I guess.

yeah, when I did my Insanity run I did Soldier (which I've also done in most other playthroughs, I think I've only played through ME2 as a Soldier and Adept) and so I just used AR to get through without as much trouble. I'm going through as a Sentinel now and the combo of powers/lack of assault rifle is definitely jarring for me. Not in a bad way, just different.

#6074 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

yeah, when I did my Insanity run I did Soldier (which I've also done in most other playthroughs, I think I've only played through ME2 as a Soldier and Adept) and so I just used AR to get through without as much trouble. I'm going through as a Sentinel now and the combo of powers/lack of assault rifle is definitely jarring for me. Not in a bad way, just different.

Dude, yeah you gotta experience all the classes, you're missing out as they play way differently.

Well that's odd, last night driving around in the Mako -in ME1- I couldn't zoom in with the gun (after I had used the feature on the Moon looking at Earth actually). I could still fire and everything but I had to be really good to line up the explosive shot lol.

Ha, so apparently it turns out the reason why I can't zoom in with the right stick depressed is related to my controller. The stick doesn't register unless I really press it in as I found this out trying to zoom in fire in Halo 4. FYI

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#6075 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

Dude, yeah you gotta experience all the classes, you're missing out as they play way differently.

Ha, so apparently it turns out the reason why I can't zoom in with the right stick depressed is related to my controller. The stick doesn't register unless I really press it in as I found this out trying to zoom in fire in Halo 4. FYI

lol I know I know, I tried an Engineer playthrough (and I think a Sentinel) but never got far because I always found myself missing the assault rifle lol. I'm a sucker for the Revenant. But I am enjoying my Sentinel this time around.

#6076 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Just finished Kasumi's loyalty quest. Time to get that Reaper IF/F, finish Legion's loyalty quest, and then off to the Omega 4 Relay to finish the game.

THEN I'm off to do my Insanity PT. Still so much to do. And since only HWs carry over, I'm going to do all the side missions, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Arrival on my Insanity PT.
Fight for the Lost

#6077 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

The one mission I fear above all others on Insanity is Kasumi's loyalty mission. I know you get all that SMG goodness out of it....still.....I f'ing HATE that boss battle. For some reason, that thing kicks my ass every time. No thanks. Kasumi, you ain't making back from this here suicide mission. Sux 2 B U.

Posted Image

#6078 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's not that hard, is it? Just hang back near the entrance and plink away at the boss. With the exception of the mech that comes with each reinforcement wave, none of the enemies will get close enough to be particularly threatening, and you can pick most of them off at your leisure.

Posted Image

#6079 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yea, it's not hard. Just be sure to grab that thermal clip in front of you between waves. Other than that, it couldn't be simpler: you have a very defensible position (boxes near the entrance, like Crotch said) and you just keep shooting the gunship until Kasumi does her thing. And then you shoot it some more.
Fight for the Lost

#6080 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

yeah, I didnt have too much trouble with that mission either on any of my playthroughs. Just gotta hang back and take your time. I actually did this mission last night too with my Sentinel and didnt have any problems.

#6081 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I don't know, that part gave me trouble every time for some reason. I haven't tried it as an Infiltrator, so maybe I'll give it a go. I'll make sure I have a save set aside prior to that mission just in case it's too much.

#6082 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I'm with you Chubby. Every time I have done Kasumi's loyalty mission, I have had trouble with that final battle. The waves of enemies aren't the problem, it's that I'm never quite sure what triggers the sequence where she climbs up and leaps onto the fighter. Sometimes it happens as soon as the thing's shields are down, and sometimes it takes forever.

Simosaurus.png

#6083 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Been getting a nice chunk done today. So far I did 2 side missions, Citadel, Firewalker mission, Jack's recruitment and Horizon with probably Tali's recruitment up next. Didnt have much trouble on Horizon, really starting to enjoy Tech Armor now.

#6084 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm with you Chubby. Every time I have done Kasumi's loyalty mission, I have had trouble with that final battle. The waves of enemies aren't the problem, it's that I'm never quite sure what triggers the sequence where she climbs up and leaps onto the fighter. Sometimes it happens as soon as the thing's shields are down, and sometimes it takes forever.

For me, it's always been like this:

1. Take down gunship shields
2. Gunship goes away
3. Gunship comes back
4. Take down gunship shields again
5. Kasumi does her thing

It's all about stripping the shields away as quickly as possible. Aside from that, just keep the enemies at bay and you're good.

Finally finished PT1, on to Insanity PT. In the middle of Mordin's recruitment, and will see if I have time to recruit Garrus later tonight. But it's really nice being able to rock the Viper/Carnifex/Revenant so soon. The Revenant doesn't have the accuracy upgrade yet, but so far so good. Certainly better than the Avenger, where it feels like I'm trying to tickle the enemy to death.
Fight for the Lost

#6085 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

lol I know I know, I tried an Engineer playthrough (and I think a Sentinel) but never got far because I always found myself missing the assault rifle lol. I'm a sucker for the Revenant. But I am enjoying my Sentinel this time around.

Yeah you just gotta run with Cyro Blast, Charge, Shotgun. Little frozen gibs every time, pure greatness. That and lifting up enemies and shooting them in the air or combining another biotic power to send em flying is always fun. Stealthily going around their flanks and taking out enemies with sniper rifles is a blast. That or sitting back and firing off all my tech powers. I guess I have a soft spot for all the classes. :D

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#6086 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I LOVED my adept playthrough, wreaking havoc with singularity and warp was glorious.

#6087 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Stealthily going around their flanks and taking out enemies with sniper rifles is a blast. That or sitting back and firing off all my tech powers. I guess I have a soft spot for all the classes. :D

That was my Insanity PT. Engineer, sitting waaay back in cover and just spamming Incinerate and sniping with the Viper. It was rare that enemies even got close to me.

Yes, I'm also doing my insanity run and those rockets are getting a little crazy. But if I can identify where they are coming from, I overload the shields and then have Jack yank them out of cover with Pull and it's not so bad.

I couldn't even use Jack on Insanity. She would constantly just charge enemies with her shotgun and get mowed down. I found that sniper squadmates required much less babysitting. Usually ran with Zaeed or Thane, in addition to Miranda of course.

#6088 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

That was my Insanity PT. Engineer, sitting waaay back in cover and just spamming Incinerate and sniping with the Viper. It was rare that enemies even got close to me.

Yes that worked like a charm for me too. :applause:

I forgot oh strip shields and hack geth to let them do your fighting for you!

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#6089 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I forgot oh strip shields and hack geth to let them do your fighting for you!

Man, Tali's recruitment is like my favorite mission in that game aside from the Suicide Mission and LOTSB.

#6090 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I couldn't even use Jack on Insanity. She would constantly just charge enemies with her shotgun and get mowed down. I found that sniper squadmates required much less babysitting. Usually ran with Zaeed or Thane, in addition to Miranda of course.

Its been Zaeed and Miranda for me. His inferno grenade has been great help and her overload is essential for stripping shields. I was thinking of taking Jack to the collector ship for her shockwave for the husk crowd control.