Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#6091 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

If you have the DLC with the incisor rifle, sniper squadmates become walking gods. In addition to their uncanny ability to compensate for the burst fire, that rifle is bugged, and is the only weapon in the game that they do not do significantly reduced damage with.

Posted Image

#6092 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Holy crap the Collector ship is hard! I'm on those platforms and getting my ass handed to me over and over. On top of it, I only had 5 gels coming into the mission. I picked up the widow, and thankfully I just did Garrus' loyalty mission so I got the +30% sniper rifle damage. But, wow, talk about a spike in the difficulty. I need a prayer for the wicked right 'bout now!

Update: Wow, that Collector ship was tough. I got through it though. I stayed up too late in order to do it while it was fresh. Those platforms at the beginning were the worst. The Praetaerion (how do you spell that anyway?) wasn't so bad, you just had to keep circling the area and having Miranda hitting its barriers with warp while I sniped it, then Zaeed hit it with inferno grenades once the barriers were down. Rinse. Repeat. I'm glad I took the blackstorm because it mowed down husks like nothing.

Edited by chubbyninja1319, 29 January 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#6093 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah the collector ship is really rough. I'm thinking I'll bring Miranda and Zaeed as well

#6094 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

At first I approached the Insanity run as a grind, thinking about doing the minimum to get the cheevo. But now that I got through Horizon and am on to Illium, I am really just enjoying the game. I had forgotten just how good this is (which is strange since I've played it through about six times now).

Simosaurus.png

#6095 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

Yeah, it's funny how you forget about stuff. I just played the game in its entirety last January but there were already things I forgot about. Such a great game.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#6096 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:49 AM

Finished recruiting Mordin, Garrus, Jack, Grunt, and Samara. Up next, Thane and Tali's recruitment. Pretty smooth sailing so far. Had a bit of trouble with Garrus and Jack's recruitments (died a couple times because Shepard decided he was tired of crouching behind boxes), but things have been much easier as I'm progressing.

Credits, on the other hand, are getting kind of tight. Probably just means that I need to stop buying stuff and start doing more recruitment/loyalty missions. On the plus side, I think I've made an extra 50k credits thanks to the glitch (if you want extra credits badly enough...), so it's all good. So much fun.
Fight for the Lost

#6097 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

You are moving right along, nice work! I just have Tali's recruitment, Kasumis loyalty the Reaper IFF and then the collector base. Like my buddy Simosaurus said, playing on Insanity isn't about being tough or brave. It's 'bout dat achievement! Therefore I'm skipping some loyalty missions. And Jacob shouldn't live, in any PT.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#6098 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

And Jacob shouldn't live, in any PT.

:lol:

I need to step it up, I'm still on Feros in ME1. I think when I get to ME2 I'm not going to do an Insanity run this time, so I can focus on RP instead and not make decisions just for the sake of making the game easier. :)

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6099 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

You are moving right along, nice work! I just have Tali's recruitment, Kasumis loyalty the Reaper IFF and then the collector base. Like my buddy Simosaurus said, playing on Insanity isn't about being tough or brave. It's 'bout dat achievement! Therefore I'm skipping some loyalty missions. And Jacob shouldn't live, in any PT.

I dunno, I think it does add a challenge to do all the loyalty missions on Insanity too. When I did mine for the cheevo the only missions I skipped were Firewalker Geth mission (those Geth are just retarded on any difficulty and I wasnt gonna be bothered with it on Insanity) and Arrival, which I came back to after the story. Added an extra layer of depth for me.

:lol:

I need to step it up, I'm still on Feros in ME1. I think when I get to ME2 I'm not going to do an Insanity run this time, so I can focus on RP instead and not make decisions just for the sake of making the game easier. :)

Yeah, its fun to RP a playthrough for once. Every one of my playthroughs so far has been pure Paragon or Renegade, but my latest run through the trilogy is purely RP for once. Its added some nice variety making choices as I would actually make. In ME1, the Council, Wrex, and Kirrahe lived but the Rachni Queen died. So far in ME2 I havent done much Renegade but that will change as I do all my loyalty missions. I saved Reegar but plan to destroy the heretic Geth, kill Sidonis, and probably other stuff yet TBD.

#6100 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

It's definitely a different experience to ignore the morality meters and just try to put yourself in your character's shoes and make the decision they would make. Sometimes I think it was a mistake for BioWare to reward players in-game for maxing the meter.

#6101 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

It's definitely a different experience to ignore the morality meters and just try to put yourself in your character's shoes and make the decision they would make. Sometimes I think it was a mistake for BioWare to reward players in-game for maxing the meter.

Agreed. I mean I know there will be consequences for some of the actions I do (Jack will probably die because I wont have Paragon or Renegade maxed out enough to resolve her argument with Miranda, and of course I'm taking Miranda's side) but it definitely feels more real to me.

What I havent decided yet though is how I want to RP my LI for ME2 and 3. I romanced Ashley in ME1 feeling that her and Shepard bonded, but her actions while Shepard was gone and treatment towards him on Horizon have disillusioned him. I'm now trying to decide if I want him to move toward Tali (his friend through thick and thin who has always stood by him) or Liara (afterall she DID recover his body and set up his resurrection). As much as I like Miranda shes out for this playthrough because my Shep is still very skeptical of Cerberus.

#6102 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Let the thread tags guide you... "Childbearing hips."

#6103 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Let the thread tags guide you... "Childbearing hips."

haha love it. I honestly just want to do a Tali romance cause I never did a full-fledged one before (done Liara, Ashley, and Miranda) although I did see how Tali's romance was in ME2.

#6104 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

My first PT's are always "my decision" PT's. afterwards on subsequent runs I go straight paragon or renegade. I usually run pretty close to 100% paragon anyway.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#6105 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

My first PT's are always "my decision" PT's. afterwards on subsequent runs I go straight paragon or renegade. I usually run pretty close to 100% paragon anyway.

I always say that will be the case in RPGs but usually some other force makes me go one path or the other. In KOTOR I stuck LS on my first run just to see it through and same for ME with Paragon. Skyrim I did whatever I needed to get the achievements (especially Daedra), Fallout's the only one where I actually mixed it up.

#6106 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

I always do what I feel is most beneficial for me at the time.

Like stabbing Cathka with that stun rod. I could care less if it's not something a Paragon would do, it makes that gunship. Any sensible person would do it. So, hell yes I'm doing it. And hell yes I've done it on EVERY PT :lol:

Things like that. While my Shepard may have a full Paragon bar by the end, he'll always have that Renegade bar a quarter full too :D
Fight for the Lost

#6107 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

haha love it. I honestly just want to do a Tali romance cause I never did a full-fledged one before (done Liara, Ashley, and Miranda) although I did see how Tali's romance was in ME2.

Never really saw the appeal in Tali myself. I go strictly Ash/Jack for male Sheps, Liara for females. :D

Yeah, the first character I played all the games with was mostly Paragon, but with a pro-human streak. He absolutely wouldn't abide any threats to humanity's position of prominence in the galaxy, even if it meant going against his morals-- ended up killing the rachni queen and betraying Mordin and Wrex to prevent the rise of the krogan. Definitely more interesting to do that kind of playthrough than to just choose all red or all blue.

#6108 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

I always do what I feel is most beneficial for me at the time.

Like stabbing Cathka with that stun rod. I could care less if it's not something a Paragon would do, it makes that gunship. Any sensible person would do it. So, hell yes I'm doing it. And hell yes I've done it on EVERY PT :lol:

Things like that. While my Shepard may have a full Paragon bar by the end, he'll always have that Renegade bar a quarter full too :D

that was always my exception to a Full Paragon run :D It just made far too much tactical sense to stab him there.

#6109 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Also, I always blow the gas tank below the Clan Weyrloc krogan that keeps rambling on about how amazing his clan will be (during Mordin's loyalty mission). Hearing him scream while he's DiaF'ing is just too much fun (and watching one of the other krogans backing away because he knows what's coming).

I'm sure there's more Renegade things that my "Paragon" Shepard does, but those are the best off the top of my head.
Fight for the Lost

#6110 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

And everyone always shoots the mech on Garrus' recruitment mission.

Posted Image

#6111 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

I always sacrifice the Council at the end of ME1 and destroy the base at the end of ME2. Both are just the decision any smart Shepard would make regardless of morality IMO.

#6112 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

Fuck that. Nobody wastes intelligence on the enemy under my command.

Posted Image

#6113 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Fuck that. Nobody wastes intelligence on the enemy under my command.

Yeah. Even though we've seen like 20 examples by that point of dead Reaper technology instantly indoctrinating everyone near it and turning them evil, I bet this time will be different! ;)

#6114 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

If you don't want to be on a ship with reaper techonology incorporated, then you should get off the Normandy.

Posted Image

#6115 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

If you don't want to be on a ship with reaper techonology incorporated, then you should get off the Normandy.

Well that's a good point. I suspect that the ultimate answer is just that BioWare didn't fully think all this stuff through and indoctrination just works however it needs to work to advance the plot at any given point. :D However if I was inclined to fanwank an explanation I would say that the Reaper-based stuff in the Normandy (the IFF system, EDI, the Thanix cannon, etc.) is only BASED ON Reaper designs and knowledge gained from studying Reaper technology; there are no actual physical Reaper artifacts on board.

#6116 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Bioware was like oh shit we created a monster, then came the backlash and they're like it's f'n ART! Blow me
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6117 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Well that's a good point. I suspect that the ultimate answer is just that BioWare didn't fully think all this stuff through and indoctrination just works however it needs to work to advance the plot at any given point. :D However if I was inclined to fanwank an explanation I would say that the Reaper-based stuff in the Normandy (the IFF system, EDI, the Thanix cannon, etc.) is only BASED ON Reaper designs and knowledge gained from studying Reaper technology; there are no actual physical Reaper artifacts on board.

Just to clarify some things:

1) There has never been (and never will be) a case of "instant" indoctrination. Most of the people that were indoctrinated up to that point, had been observing/studying Reaper technology for extended periods of time. In fact, I think the shortest indoctrination was Dr. Chandana's team on the Derelict Reaper. However, it was never stated how long his team was studying the Reaper. For all we know, they could've been studying it for several weeks.

2) Not sure about the IF/F, but I'm pretty sure it's just a simple component. In fact, if you take a good look at it when you acquire it, it kind of looks like the graybox from Kasumi's mission. Best guess is that it's hardware, like a HDD or PSU. Reaper artifacts have always been fairly large (Object Rho, Derelict Reaper, etc.). At the very least, it has to be as big as the orbs you find in Leviathan.

Your assumptions regarding EDI is incorrect. She is neither Reaper tech nor based on Reaper tech. In ME3, it's revealed that EDI (Enhanced Defense Intelligence) was the rogue VI you fought on the Moon in ME1. She went rogue because she became an AI and was confused about what was happening.

However, you're quite correct about the Thanix Cannon. The Codex entry states that it was created based on Sovereign's main weapon (the red laser beams he fires during the Citadel battle in ME1).

Of course, the other thing you have to wonder is how "dead" does a Reaper have to be to stop the indoctrination process? The Derelict Reaper in ME2 was "dead", but looked mostly intact. Sovereign, on the other hand, was blown to bits. Is that dead enough to stop the indoctrination process? Based on what we've seen/been told, I'd say Sovereign was truly dead while the Derelict Reaper was merely in a vegetative state.
Fight for the Lost

#6118 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Pretty sure that it's mentioned in the Cronos Station mission that the Rogue VI from ME1 was augmented with Reaper technology/programming to create EDI.

#6119 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Pretty sure that it's mentioned in the Cronos Station mission that the Rogue VI from ME1 was augmented with Reaper technology/programming to create EDI.

Aye, 'tis be true. Besides, the whole conversation is pointless because the rule is this: If it's Reaper or directly altered by Reaper tech (not based on what we learned from Reaper tech), it gets destroyed. Simple. Clean. Effective. So, the Collector base goes kaboom in ME2 and we destroy in ME3. That's how 'dis shit works, boys and girls.

Spoiler

Also, you guys were right. The battle against Hock in Kasumi's loyalty mission wasn't that bad. I did that tonight and now all I have is Tali's recruitment, then the Reaper IFF, then the trip through the Omega 4 Relay. I need to find one more heavy weapon upgrade so I can unlock the Cain, which I'd like to have for those last two missions.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#6120 The Crotch

The Crotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

And had they destroyed the artifact in Arrival before studying it...?

Posted Image