Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#6151 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yea, I know what you mean. Rushing from switch to switch to save the techie, the music swelling, and the action being just awesome. The whole 3 stage final level (four, if you count the Terminator) was just perfect. Definitely in my Top 5 ME Moments (gameplay wise).

Same for me. I dont know if I could put ahead of the ME1 end sequence (which for me alwys starts at Virmire) but they're very close together. To go from that to the whole ME3 priority earth bit is just....not right.

#6152 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Lol so I actually gave a damn this time and went through all of Pinnacle Station on ME1. Got 1st in every scenario (Spectre weapons helped), at first it was a bit tricky but once I understood what/where I was doing/going it wasn't too much trouble. Finished the end survival scenario as well and got some sweet loot from Ahurn's apartment. This playthrough I also didn't save Wrex (first time) and oh man mfw that happened. Posted Image
I also let Kaiden bite the dust, usually save Ashely opposed to popular hatred of her.

Edited by Spybreak8, 11 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.
tweaked code

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#6153 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

ME2 Insanity = Done. Still have to do LotSB on hardcore to get 100%, but that won't be bad now. Except for the first part with the vents, the Collector base didn't seem much worse than normal.

#6154 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

I usually never have trouble with the Collector Base, especially when I did my Insanity playthrough. Actually ended up enjoying the Sentinel class a lot this last playthrough, Assault Armor, Throw Field, Heavy Warp, and Cryo Blast made for good times with a bonus power of Stasis.

#6155 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

ME2 Insanity = Done. Still have to do LotSB on hardcore to get 100%, but that won't be bad now. Except for the first part with the vents, the Collector base didn't seem much worse than normal.

Congrats Simosaurus! I'd say you probably will not have a problem since you're a veteran. :applause:
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#6156 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

Congrats. To me, the only really difficult part of Insanity is the beginning because you're so incredibly underpowered. However, this is a good test to see how much skill you have. Staying alive isn't easy and you have to be careful. Past the beginning, things get much easier simply because the gap in power is narrowing with upgrades. As you gain more and more power/weapon upgrades, things just get easier from there and aside from some unbalanced enemies/fights, Insanity goes from being really tough to challenging. And to be honest, it makes the whole thing feel that much more satisfying.

ME3 progress: Almost done. All side missions completed and currently working on Leviathan. I don't have Omega because it's a ripoff. I'll get it when it hits 560-800 and not one MSP more. After Leviathan, it's time to assault Chronos Station and the endgame.
Fight for the Lost

#6157 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Big congrats to my boy Simosaurus!! Wiley bugger beat me to it even though I was a bit ahead of him. heh heh.

I'm well on my way. I got through Mordin's loyalty and the Reaper IFF mission tonight. I guess I'll do Tali's loyalty mission while I wait for the Omega 4 relay to open up for me.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#6158 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Congrats. To me, the only really difficult part of Insanity is the beginning because you're so incredibly underpowered.

Nah, I'd say that's going against the Matriarch and her goons in a closed space with little to no cover and too many biotic attacks to keep you moving on Noveria. :cold:

#6159 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Fight your way to the right immediately. You're pretty protected from biotics back there, and can clean up pockets of enemies relatively easily.

Posted Image

#6160 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Nah, I'd say that's going against the Matriarch and her goons in a closed space with little to no cover and too many biotic attacks to keep you moving on Noveria. :cold:

Meant for ME2 ;)

I don't know. All of ME1 was stupidly easy on Insanity. Death really only came for you while in the Mako. And even then, most of the time, you could get out and just shoot the obstacle out of the way. I never died in ME1 unless I was using the Mako. When it wasn't vehicular combat, Shepard just fell down a lot but he always got back up.
Fight for the Lost

#6161 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Well, I finally beat ME2 on Insanity! :whee: This is the one achievement that I've wanted more than any other, so I'm very happy to have this completed. 100% on ME3 and ME2, now I'm setting my sights on ME1. I have at least 1.5 PT's to go before attempting Insanity in ME1, though.

As for ME2, it did get easier the farther you got. I had a little bit of trouble with the vent sequence, but it wasn't too bad once I realized all I had to do was cloak and run for the 8th vent trigger. The last battle was kind of hard for me, but once I got into the pattern, it went okay. I ended up taking out the boss with one shot of the cain and the rest with the widow. I was trying to get more power cells from Harbinger, but noticed I was within a few widow shots, so I just went for it.

That was a very satisfying 75G. ;)
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6162 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

^congrats! Beating ME2 on Insanity was a great feeling for me too. Best 75G I ever got!

I still have ME1 and 3 on Insanity to do, not sure when I'll get around to that.

#6163 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Congrats on beating ME2 Insanity, Chubbs!
Fight for the Lost

#6164 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Congrats Chubbs! Yeah I was really pleased with myself for getting Insanity done in ME2 and quite liked how it changed up the fast flowing combat to a more tactical step by step approach.

Boom!
Posted Image
Posted Image
I had Valentine's Day with Liara as I'm now on the Ilos mission.
That finishes it up for ME1 ally achievements! I just need some power achievements and I'll 100% this shit.

Uniquely this playthrough has actually been a different overall experience (prob my 5th or 6th playthrough, I don't know I've lost track). Went in as Sole Survival, Spacer Soldier with full Paragon, Renegade on Balak, a lot of Paragon choices were grayed out and my character had to suffice with Paragon result choices on the right. This led to a lot of decisions and results out of my character's control.

Since the high level 40s and my N7 weapons, I've been dominating everything that moves, although I'm on normal dif lol. It helped that I went through Pinnacle Station and grabbed Ahern's apartment that's directly linked to access to high end equipment. I like high difficulty runs but I'm also one to kick back and just run through the game on normal at times too.

#6165 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

All kinds of ME achievement domination up in here!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#6166 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:45 AM

Finishing ME1 I never noticed the giant piece from the ship puncturing the citadel tower and nobody getting sucked out into space or needing helmets at the end lol. God what an ending though, that song makes it.

#6167 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Just started my me2 and 3 insanity run. Too bad me3coop keeps getting my attention.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#6168 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, that ending to ME1 is really great. Very climactic and epic in scale. I'm probably going to go back to ME1 now. ME4 pt2 is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6169 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

Yea, I really liked the ending music for ME1. M4 Part 2 by the Faunts is great. I was hoping they'd be back for ME2, but alas. At least they were back for ME3. Too bad it was overshadowed by something else.
Fight for the Lost

#6170 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, that ending to ME1 is really great. Very climactic and epic in scale. I'm probably going to go back to ME1 now. ME4 pt2 is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time.

Yeah having a mental tie to one of your most coveted games probably doesn't hurt. ;)

#6171 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

That's the only real sad thing about ME2. The ending gameplay sequence is such an incredible rush and then you get to the ending. The music is good, but it cuts out halfway through the credits!

Didn't anyone at BioWare do QA on that part? Just mind-boggling.
Fight for the Lost

#6172 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Okay, I need someone to help me out and hopefully I'm not crazy.

Does anyone else remember a sequence in ME or ME2 where you encounter a pro-human (maybe Cerberus) rally in one of the common areas on the Citadel? I don't think it was interactive but I vaguely remember it happening at least on one of my play-throughs. But I was talking to some people online last night and NO ONE else ever saw this and I could not find it referenced online at all.

So, anyone else ever come across something like it? Maybe I'm remembering something else and have the context wrong.

Simosaurus.png

#6173 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

There's the part in ME2 with the anti-human politician, in Thane's loyalty mission. Could it be that?

#6174 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Does anyone else remember a sequence in ME or ME2 where you encounter a pro-human (maybe Cerberus) rally in one of the common areas on the Citadel? I don't think it was interactive but I vaguely remember it happening at least on one of my play-throughs. But I was talking to some people online last night and NO ONE else ever saw this and I could not find it referenced online at all.

So, anyone else ever come across something like it? Maybe I'm remembering something else and have the context wrong.

Charles Saracino on the Citadel in ME1? Happens when you're on the Citadel before Ilos I believe.

#6175 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

There's the part in ME2 with the anti-human politician, in Thane's loyalty mission. Could it be that?

No, he's probably thinking of the Terra Firma rally in ME1. You can talk to the leader of the rally and support/condemn them, or say that you're not allowed to talk politics. It's between Michel's and some of the stores, I think.

Posted Image

#6176 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

No, he's probably thinking of the Terra Firma rally in ME1. You can talk to the leader of the rally and support/condemn them, or say that you're not allowed to talk politics. It's between Michel's and some of the stores, I think.

Aha! Thank you, that is it. At least I'm not losing my mind.

Simosaurus.png

#6177 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Wow, I don't think I've ever encountered that.

#6178 theredworm

theredworm

I am The Red Worm!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think I've seen the interactive one in me1 and another type of non interactive in me2, it was pretty early on.

Look, there's no easy way to ask this so I'm just gonna do it...

Does anyone want to be gay lovers with me in Fable 3?

my Mass Effect 3 N7 HQ

#6179 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Man, I vaguely remember that. Must be time to go back to ME1.
Chubbyninja1319.png

#6180 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Haha I remember that, I just played ME1. Yeah I like talking to those guys with a full alien or full human squad, makes the discussions interesting.