Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1051 fakero

fakero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:02 AM

Sweet, Amazon just shipped my CE. :bouncy:

card.png

#1052 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

My CE is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. :D

#1053 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:28 AM

Shipped from Gamefly today. =)

#1054 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:37 AM

FYI: I just loaded up my copy and all that "DLC" we supposedly got to download early didn't show up in the Online Marketplace
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#1055 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:47 AM

FYI: I just loaded up my copy and all that "DLC" we supposedly got to download early didn't show up in the Online Marketplace

Nothing's supposed to be in there except
Spoiler
You can still use it since you downloaded it, right?

#1056 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:04 AM

Not going to get that far in the game this late (class in the AM), but the DA:O Armor showed up, and the Inferno Armor (both of which I had previously put in keys for) and
Spoiler
. I'm hoping it's just a "it's not the 26th in all time zones" thing.

EDIT: NVM it's showing up at the appropriate place in game, just not in the DLC menu.

Edited by reddjoey, 26 January 2010 - 06:42 AM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#1057 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

Sweet, Amazon just shipped my CE. :bouncy:

I know, I was getting really worried when I didn't get my email until 9:37PM! Ahh I'm glad they shipped it so much.
Oh and also Yvonne Interview:drool: (I didn't watch the middle part because she talks about Miranda's story)
http://g4tv.com/vide...nne-Strahovski/
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#1058 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:33 AM

Played it for a couple hours, and the game is quite good. I love the new combat.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#1059 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:35 AM

Man this game is excellent. A small learning curve if you played the first one, but it's really top-notch. Gonna go play now.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1060 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:43 AM

Oh MAN. I've been playing for an hour or so now and it is weird because this is the same game.... except completely different!

Best things so far... no more annoying texture problems and hooray you can actually sprint outside of combat.

Worst thing so far: EA Online nonsense.

#1061 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

Sadly I've had to reload my game twice due to game breaking glitches... kind of annoying. :cry:

#1062 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

Damn that didn't take long

#1063 Dasflikko

Dasflikko

I want a cookie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

Yeah I was pretty shocked.

I got stuck in an invisible wall one time, and the second glitch involved being unable to progress because I had to clear out all the enemies in an area.... except the lone enemy remaining had fallen through the game world and was unreachable. :applause:

Game is fucking brilliant though. At first I was completely out of my element due to the changes from ME1, but I'm getting used to everything and I am really digging just how humorous the game has been so far.

Looking forward to putting in a 12 hour session tomorrow!

#1064 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

Well as of right now I got my code for preordering online with gamestop but nothing saying my CE has shipped. I'm starting to think I'm going to get an email saying backordered and if that is the case I will not be happy. I wont be able to look for a copy then till thursday. It is bad enough that with the slowest shipping option(free) I wont get the game till chances are next weekend.

EDIT: Well I just looked on my account with gamestop.com and they game shipped only it says "Allow 5-10 business days for transit & 2 business days for processing." Anyone know if it usually takes that long with them? I know it is coming USPS so I am hoping for no dents in the case. I don't know how long it usually takes with GS.com as most of the time I order from Amazon.com and the free shipping takes about a week or so.
Posted Image

#1065 Weepingwillow

Weepingwillow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

Can anyone that has imported saves give me an idea of what kind of bonuses they got for having a high level character?

I'm interested in what you get for importing a 60 vs a 30ish? Anyone have any ideas yet?

Go ahead and spoiler it if people don't want to know.

Posted Image

#1066 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:16 PM

Can anyone that has imported saves give me an idea of what kind of bonuses they got for having a high level character?

I'm interested in what you get for importing a 60 vs a 30ish? Anyone have any ideas yet?

Go ahead and spoiler it if people don't want to know.

I don't remember all of the exact bonuses off the top of my head, but:

Spoiler

#1067 Weepingwillow

Weepingwillow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:44 PM

Thanks so much, those seem pretty cool, but not game changers (just like they should be).

I was about 3/4 through my completionist 2nd play through(about level 57) when I got stuck in a elevator loading screen and my both my saves (manual and auto) were stuck in the same spot.

So I'm reduced to importing my 1st play through only.

Thanks again for the info.

Posted Image

#1068 Rooster752

Rooster752

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

Ugh.. i'm still waiting for it to arrive but I just found out the install is 12.4 GB? Even if I wiped one of my 20 gb hard drives, that would still only be 13 gigs and with DLC already available, I doubt there would be enough room for everything on one HD. Damn MS and their tiny-ass hard drives.

#1069 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Just finished my first 12 hour session, and just wow. This game is beyond fantastic. Every aspect has been improved upon. I'm forcing myself to take a break right now, but I just want to keep playing.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#1070 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

How does one redeem their collector's edition code? I'm reading the card that came in the CE and it says nothing about going to XBL or anything...

EDIT: If someone could take a snap shot of their code card that came with the CE (just black out the code), that would be most appreciative. I'm not seeing anything on here about downloading the content off of XBL.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#1071 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Go to the Mass Effect site and click on "redeem code."

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#1072 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

'Bout ready to start the game. Damn, this is gonna be good.

EDIT: LOL, wow, I didn't realize my character from ME was all the way up to Level 59. I would have sworn it was like 57 or 58. I should have gotten around to capping him off. Oh, well.

#1073 beerme

beerme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Anyone else have trouble getting the discs out of the steelbook case? I almost bent the discs in half before they popped out.

#1074 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

Same. Pain in the ass. Beautiful case, though.

Awesome fucking start to the game.

Edited by bigdaddybruce44, 26 January 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#1075 KongaKing

KongaKing

He who will save us all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

WTF it says no data found when I want to import my ME1 character. Baahhhh. I gotta start fresh!? Dammit

#1076 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

I've only played through the first two missions so far, but man this game is retarded good. I'm 21 years old and the last time I was this excited for a game was Halo 2 I think.

I kind of got into a really bad habit on my last mass effect play through of jamming X during convos, lol. Gotta stop that shit!

#1077 DiscoDuck8k

DiscoDuck8k

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:49 PM

Lame, the release button for disc two in my case was cracked, so it won't stay in place.

Seeing this waiting on my doorstep was like Christmas morning or something though, seriously.

#1078 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Mmm...just picked up the second to last Collector's Edition at the Beaverton, OR Best Buy...

Only put in about 15 hours into the first ME before the terrible Mako sections, tons of technical glitches and bugs and not-very-good shooting gameplay basically made me say "mmmm nope"

Hopefully its better...still on the fence on opening it though.

#1079 Weepingwillow

Weepingwillow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

... terrible Mako sections, tons of technical glitches and bugs and not-very-good shooting gameplay ...

Basically every review I've read have went on and on about how they fixed ALL of that. Those were the BIGGEST complaints from everyone about the first one.

Posted Image

#1080 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

Fuck me. Got home got the disc from Amazon and the first disc does not work at all. So fucking pissed right now. Although I am lucky that amazon is letting me keep the defect CE stuff and crediting my account to buy another. But either way I still need to wait for this game.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011