Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1081 DiscoDuck8k

DiscoDuck8k

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

Sucks that the game recognizes my most recent playthrough on my ME1 character. So basically the fact that I played the game as a Paragon initially is being ignored, and I can either play the Renegade route first here or make a new character.

#1082 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Sucks that the game recognizes my most recent playthrough on my ME1 character. So basically the fact that I played the game as a Paragon initially is being ignored, and I can either play the Renegade route first here or make a new character.

The game will recognize each complete playthrough of ME1, even if they are using the same character.

#1083 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

Just picked this up. My GS dude gave me the DLC card with it even thoug hI didnt pre-order..pretty cool of him. EA makes it a fucking pain in the ass to redeem codes. Took me 20 fucking minutes but I finally redeemed both the pre-order and cerberus network codes.

Pro-Tip: when typing in the redemption code at masseffect.com leave out the dashes (-).
Posted Image

#1084 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Basically every review I've read have went on and on about how they fixed ALL of that. Those were the BIGGEST complaints from everyone about the first one.

That's what I've seen and read too....

IDK. With Bioshock 2 coming out next week, we'll see.

#1085 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:00 PM

THIS. GAME. IS. MOTHER. FUCKING. AMAZING.

Ink is pleased. ^_______^

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#1086 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Mmm...just picked up the second to last Collector's Edition at the Beaverton, OR Best Buy...

Only put in about 15 hours into the first ME before the terrible Mako sections, tons of technical glitches and bugs and not-very-good shooting gameplay basically made me say "mmmm nope"

Hopefully its better...still on the fence on opening it though.

The Mako sections are removed, but they have been replaced with this planet scanning mini game that is pretty much required for you to play if you ever want to purchase upgrades. Personally I would rather drive around in the Mako, but you might feel different.

I have played for around 7 hours and I have only had one glitch which resulted in me being stuck on some terrain and unable to move after I used the charge ability. That is on the PC version though.

The shooting gameplay is much improved, but at a cost. Almost all RPG mechanics have been taken out of the game. Also you cannot use any weapons that you are not trained for. In other words if you play an Adept the only weapons you can use are Pistols, SMGs and Heavy Weapons. Unlike in ME1 where you could use any weapon, but you would suck with it if you didn't have training.

#1087 _Ph03n1x_

_Ph03n1x_

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

did anyone get the inferno armor code from amazon yet? i got the $10 credit already
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1088 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:20 PM

Okay spent some more time with the game. A few thoughts (semi-spoiler free):

-The RPG elements are extremely dumbed down. Fewer options for customizing your character, armor, weapons, etc compared to ME1.

-The shooting elements are improved
Spoiler

-The dialog is twice as good, if that's even possible. Shepard is more of a badass. AWESOME.

-The story is (so far) a million times better.
Spoiler
I'm SO GLAD I tried not to spoil myself.

-Hacking/decryption are better, but still a bit tedious. I'm still on the fence about losing the Mako.

Too bad my sick girlfriend is watching Oprah right now, or I'd be playing more!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1089 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Can anyone help me? I can't seem to save ... ANYWHERE. And I just lost about an hour of gameplay. GRRRRR

691916.png

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

#1090 DiscoDuck8k

DiscoDuck8k

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

The game will recognize each complete playthrough of ME1, even if they are using the same character.

Ahhh, there we go. Now I've got the stats I wanted.

Initial impressions are lovely. It feels different, but so much better.

#1091 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

/sigh

Still waiting on Amazon. Says it went "out for delivery" here in San Francisco at 7 AM this morning.

#1092 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Can anyone help me? I can't seem to save ... ANYWHERE. And I just lost about an hour of gameplay. GRRRRR

I heard about this. I believe the only solution is to reload back to a certain point and make sure that during/after this certain scene, that you're able to save the game or else you'll be glitched. Luckily the point is near the beginning of the game, but sucks if you don't notice it soon enough.

I believe it happens during
Spoiler

#1093 crowbb

crowbb

Watch out for snakes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:19 PM

I'm torn on this one. On one hand it sounds good but on the other I'm an RPG guy and it REALLY ticks me off that they cut out most of the RPG stuff. The Ars Technica review I read earlier today was filled with statement after statement that absolutely horrified me and it was a positive review. Though I certainly won't miss the Mako at all, the cutting out of lots of exploration in general I consider a huge negative.

But it's too late for me to cancel my CE from Amazon so I have some time to decide. I guess I could always sell the CE when it comes then buy a used copy in a few weeks. The luster is off for me now so I don't mind waiting.

Anybody playing now who thought they would hate the stripped down RPG elements but found it still to be acceptable?

#1094 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

Spoiler

Bioshock 2 will have to be some kind of amazing for me to stop playing this game any time soon. Seriously. The only reason I plan to tonight is because a friend of mine wants to get into some L4D2 and I haven't seen him for a while.

#1095 Tony208

Tony208

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

What does the disc box art for the CE edition look like? The disc case, not the outer box. If the disc box looks the same as the outer box then I'll get it. The regular edition is so ugly.

#1096 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

What does the disc box art for the CE edition look like? The disc case, not the outer box. If the disc box looks the same as the outer box then I'll get it. The regular edition is so ugly.

http://www.gamerswor...ition-small.jpg

The top right box is one side of the steelbox case for the disks. The other side has an alien species on the back, which I'll leave unnamed. The top left "outer" box is made of cardboard, but doesn't have anything in common with the actual box art.

#1097 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:52 PM

HAHA picked up CE today last one at my Best Buy. Really gotta thank my boss for letting me leave early. Not 5 min after I arrived and picked it up I had about 3 people following me to see if I would put it down to snatch it. I made the mistake of not picking up the CE of the first one not making the same mistake with this one.

Kamagii.png

#1098 cswloo

cswloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

I can't wait for my CE to arrive from Amazon. Got the ship notice this morning, but it probably won't be here until early next week :(. I hate being on the wrong side of the country from the distribution centre!

Glad to hear most people are enjoying it so far!
Posted Image

#1099 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

this was at my front door when i got home. I started my 2nd playthrough of me1 last night. I hadnt touched the dlc and hadnt played it since beating it after release. Im a few hours in and I might just play through the whole thing before starting me2. Its reminded me why i considered it one of my very favorite games.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#1100 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

I got the last copy of the CE today at GS and totally agree with everyone, the steelbook has a crazy ass deathgrip on the discs, took me half of forever to get the first disc out.

I enjoyed what I played... I'm so mindblown by the game that I really can't think of what could possibly happen next in it.

#1101 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

Is there a way to start a new game with the council surviving from the first game?

I started a new file just to check out the options it gives you but right away Miranda starts talking about how the council died.

#1102 DiscoDuck8k

DiscoDuck8k

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:39 PM

Has anyone checked out the sound system in the Captain's Cabin? One of the tunes is from an older Need For Speed game, I think High Stakes. Hearing that really made me smile. 8-)

#1103 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

My goodness... NPC conversations are ten times better than in the original. Beyond hilarious. I just met a
Spoiler
Classic.

#1104 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:56 PM

My goodness... NPC conversations are ten times better than in the original. Beyond hilarious. I just met a

Spoiler
Classic.

Hahahahahaha

Spoiler

#1105 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:03 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1106 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

I recommend to ease the pain of scanning that you do not try to scan every inch of a planet (except for element Zero). Just rapidly tap L as you move around and find huge spikes........

There are tons of planets out there and a side-quest in almost every system, so you can balance out the boringness.

Of course who knows... maybe I'll find out this will make a mess when I realize I need more resources and a ton of half-assed scanned planets but screw it..................

#1107 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Spoiler
Classic.

Spoiler

#1108 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

Hahahahahaha

Spoiler

Yep. My only question is how would
Spoiler
actually work? I mean how graphic and gratuitous is
Spoiler
? Oh man... Bioware seriously spoiled some of us though I'm sure many of the RPG fanatics aren't terribly pleased with the loss of some features. Thankfully so far I'm very content and that is all that matters. ^_^

Spoiler

Aw... I haven't found him yet but oh my shit @
Spoiler
I never saw that coming. I'm sure most of the community is going ape shit over it.

#1109 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Hope you guys are having fun playing ME2. UPS delivered my CE of the game earlier and I played 10 minutes of it and then BAM E74 error. Had my 360 for almost 3 years and this was the first time I had any problems with it.

Atleast a friend of mine is going to let me borrow his spare 360 until mine is repaired so I can play ME2.

TheVila.png

#1110 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:31 AM

Spoiler

Yay! finally I found a community so enthusiastic about chattering up this game's greatness!

I got a PC version, and got through a bit.

For the point mentioned, I agree with CaptainJoel.
Spoiler