Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:43 AM

ListenUp for today basically spoils the ending for Mass Effect 2.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#92 Pojomofo

Pojomofo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

Im glad its not coming out until 2010, gives me a few more months to actually finish the first one.

#93 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:35 AM

ListenUp for today basically spoils the ending for Mass Effect 2.

No they didn't. EA did. I went to the Mass Effect 2 screening with no notion of what was to be shown and they showed the ending of the game.
Spoiler

I was super fucking pissed when they showed it. BUT, the game looks friggen incredible - best looking game ever. Oh and Dantes Inferno was surprisingly insanely good looking as well, I think it looks tons better then God of War 3.

#94 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

Are you guys sure that's the end? I think it's the begining.

Thus, the trailers of Shepard "KIA", and everyone acting like..."Shepard, I thought you were dead?!"

I don't think they're going to spoil the game like that, but they did say he could die, so it's possible at the very end or maybe anytime during the game you can die and be dead.

#95 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:18 AM

I got home from work today and wanted to play the first one. So I did but after 4 hours of my time I ended up having to delete the save file. The world that the miners are on I take it is a boss world. I remember when I first got Mass Effect I got on that world and at the end was getting killed in one hit. It would be nice if you could go back to the ship but no I press X and it does nothing. So now I'm not even sure I want to play 2. I want to beat the first one but don't know if I want to play all that again for the third time
Posted Image

#96 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:40 AM

Are you guys sure that's the end? I think it's the begining.

Thus, the trailers of Shepard "KIA", and everyone acting like..."Shepard, I thought you were dead?!"

I don't think they're going to spoil the game like that, but they did say he could die, so it's possible at the very end or maybe anytime during the game you can die and be dead.

Yes, I sat through the Mass Effect demo twice (around 20 minutes long) and I can confirm it is one of the endings.
Spoiler

Actually, since I've been without a computer for a few days I haven't been able to read peoples conspiracy theories. And Kotaku's could be true (that it is the beginning), if that is the case then the guy that gives the demonstration is just pulling everyone's leg. That would make a lot of sense though, because Joker says, "an unknown alien life form is attacking" and it seems like that is a good starting point and a motive for Shepard to find out what the life form was. That would be very relieving if that is true.

Edited by DarkNessBear, 05 June 2009 - 02:12 AM.

360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#97 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

If it is indeed one of the confirmed endings I'm a little irked they decided to reveal it so quickly. ;\

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#98 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

I believe it's the beginning or at least in some part of the game where the normandy gets shot down and they think the crew or at least shepard is dead.
Again, that's why that asari chick in the trailer said "Shepard? I thought you were dead?"

Who knows?

#99 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

Only one CAG truly knows, and she can't say because she'd lose her job.

[kitae works for Bioware]

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#100 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

I believe it was from Gameradar's mini podcast but that's just odd if that it ends the game (around 5:00 if you just want the ME2 thing).
http://www.gamesrada...603203137554080
The third game may be different if this actually happens but that hasn't been officially confirmed though and I think its more speculation. Oh and that spoiler tag didn't work since I read your post in my gmail lol. >< If anything this throws the intensity meter in overdrive but I don't know if I love that or not. We'll see.

Gamesradar talks about it on their E309: Top 10 Things you need to know about today Wednesday edition and I don't know if it a spoiler but I'll put it in as one anyways.

But most important is the plot, which is even darker and more sinister; that means a lot considering the first game was about the extermination of all carbon-based life in the universe.

Spoiler

Edited by Spybreak8, 05 June 2009 - 10:11 AM.
found where I heard it/more info found

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#101 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

Well it would make sense if making the "wrong decisions" during any special scenario ended your game right then and there since there's really no one to take your place. I could easily deal with it. I mean... who doesn't save frequently in a RPG?

#102 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

Was there any word or questions asked about the possibility of another Limited Edition?

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#103 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

Was there any word or questions asked about the possibility of another Limited Edition?

On the official forums they've said they will address that later. Basically, they're not ready to commit yet. I can't imagine them not doing it, though.

#104 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

No they didn't. EA did. I went to the Mass Effect 2 screening with no notion of what was to be shown and they showed the ending of the game.

Spoiler

I was super fucking pissed when they showed it. BUT, the game looks friggen incredible - best looking game ever. Oh and Dantes Inferno was surprisingly insanely good looking as well, I think it looks tons better then God of War 3.

probably just a cocktease. By the way the guy was saying it how...

Spoiler

I mean they spewed out lots of lofty expectations about how your first game would carry over in every way with every action... Just wonder if they'll actually do it since they left out some of their promises like interrupting dialogue from the first game. Wonder if I even have my mass effect 1 save still...

#105 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

This game look sick!

#106 cindersphere

cindersphere

Running on no sleep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

I love the first one and I can't wait for the second one.
Religion ends and philosophy begins, just as alchemy ends and chemistry begins and astrology ends, and astronomy begins. - Christopher Hitchens 1949-2011

#107 mbradley1992

mbradley1992

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

I was super ticked that EA didn't show anything new about it at their press conference Monday. The same trailer they showed had been out for about two weeks. They even showed it on Gametrailers TV E3 show the Thursday before E3 started!

I kind of wish they would do what Alpha Protocol has with its dialogue and put a timer on it so decisions are more instinct and true to the player rather than the player picking a certain one because of what it will result in.

#108 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

Any news on what character is returning? I think I saw Tali on the E3 trailer but I'm not sure.

#109 mbradley1992

mbradley1992

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:08 PM

They will probably all be back except for the one you killed off.

#110 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

I stated this in another thread:

Spoiler

I was totally pissed coming out of it and seeing this, but those points have helped me to relax about the whole thing - and the game will kick ass no matter what.

@RANDOM POINT - I lied about not wearing gaming shirts, I'm sporting the Mass Effect 2 shirt I got from E3. It is totally awesome.

Edited by Trakan, 24 August 2009 - 03:11 AM.

#111 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

Damn dude why didn't you put that in spoilers!

#112 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

I think most of us on this thread already know but I agree.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#113 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

Well for returning characters, I remember when talking about the game one of the people said that "If you
Spoiler
" which leads me to believe he's the one who's coming back. Not to mention he fits the bill for crazy mercenaries willing to go on a suicide mission.

#114 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

I had been avoiding the spoiler tags too, but a combination of reading multiple web site coverages and DarknessBears post above killed that. You really should have spoiler tags man.

But!!! That may not be the "ending". Quote below and source.

Spoiler

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#115 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

Yes exactly. Sorry I felt the need to spoil it for everyone. But, I'm pretty sure knowing this wont ruin the story (if you read my post). And like Lord_Kefka stated in his quote, the "ending" while beautiful and amazing, did not really end like you know a good story should end. It could very well be the beginning.

And (I'll say it again) if it is an ending. Who cares? It gives you a sense of impending doom and you now know you have the ability to completely die, so your actions will be much more thought out.

#116 Last Baron

Last Baron

Mark it zero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

Official box art revealed:

Posted Image

In my personal opinion, a little too cheesy. I liked ME1's art better.

#117 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

...Ew.

So. So. Cheesy. D;

#118 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

Yeah, can't say I like that box art...

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#119 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

Here's to hoping for a LE with better box art than what's been shown! I'd take a dark, simple background with just the ME2 logo on it over that art.

0sm4.png

#120 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

The biggest problem with that art is that guy doesn't look like any of my Shepards. Bioware should set up some feature where it reads your save data and generates a custom cover PDF you can print out. It might not look as good as their prerendered art, but I bet they could come pretty close. Just imagine how awesome it would be to have your own Shepard right there on the box.

Also the woman in the back makes me optimistic that they'll have hair options that look less like plastic molds.