Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mass Effect 2 Discussion - Fight for the Lost

• Please log in to reply
6200 replies to this topic

Poll: What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

What will be your Shepard's main class in Mass Effect 2?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:47 PM

Crap! Way to early for me. I doubt I'll be done with Dragon Age by then! ARGH!

#152 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

Fuck... alot of shit i want in january... the preorder costumes are sweet though.

#153 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

Can't wait until January. I'm glad there is so much to look forward to that month because it's often the most depressing month of the year :roll:

#154 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:27 AM

Fuck... alot of shit i want in january... the preorder costumes are sweet though.

Ditto and check this out, preorder Inferno Armor:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Haha but still pretty sweet
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#155 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

where do you get that preorder armor? the one on gamestop looks different.
Posted Image

#156 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:43 PM

where do you get that preorder armor? the one on gamestop looks different.

the EA Store

I don't want to preorder from either of those though lol.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#157 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:52 PM

so ea store has one set of armor and gamestop has another set and a gun. I'm really starting to hate preorder bonuses like this. I wonder how long in game till you get better gear.
Posted Image

#158 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

There's a collector's edition now at amazon.

http://www.amazon.co...57430257&sr=8-9

#159 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

Guess who's back?

This game is just... ugh. So. Damn. Gorgeous. It is a great day to be a ME fanboy.

Oh, and the CE is includes the following though no word as to weapon or armor specifics:

- BETTER FUCKING COVER ART FOR ONE (>_>)
- Tin case
- Issue 1 of the new ME comic
- 48-page "Art of Mass Effect" Art Book
- Behind the scenes DVD
- New exclusive armor and weapons (neither of the preorder ones to my knowledge)

I couldn't find any info on that Amazon page so correct me if I'm wrong. Not a bad haul for only $10 more. What really astounds me though is the devs ability to release a video that seems to appeases most of their naysayers on their own forums. The only problem is now they're bitching about having to pick up ammo in a damn shooter RPG. LOL. They are without a doubt utterly hopeless, haha. I have no doubt they'll be a reasonable explanation for ammo pick ups via codex. Sheesh. >_>'

MUST HAVE GAME IS MUST HAVE KTHX.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#160 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

"An Inquisition" You Say?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

The Collector's Edition box art for this game is probably the most boner-inducing cover I've seen in a while. I'll gladly drop dollars on it.

0sm4.png

#161 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:05 PM

Guess who's back?

This game is just... ugh. So. Damn. Gorgeous. It is a great day to be a ME fanboy.

Oh, and the CE is includes the following though no word as to weapon or armor specifics:

- BETTER FUCKING COVER ART FOR ONE (>_>)
- Tin case
- Issue 1 of the new ME comic
- 48-page "Art of Mass Effect" Art Book
- Behind the scenes DVD
- New exclusive armor and weapons (neither of the preorder ones to my knowledge)

I couldn't find any info on that Amazon page so correct me if I'm wrong. Not a bad haul for only $10 more. What really astounds me though is the devs ability to release a video that seems to appeases most of their naysayers on their own forums. The only problem is now they're bitching about having to pick up ammo in a damn shooter RPG. LOL. They are without a doubt utterly hopeless, haha. I have no doubt they'll be a reasonable explanation for ammo pick ups via codex. Sheesh. >_>'

MUST HAVE GAME IS MUST HAVE KTHX.

Plus there's one item Jarrett Lee says they can't talk about yet due to legal reasons. When he sincerely asked what else could be thrown in there to make us happy, I suggested future DLC discount/codes. He said what's included is something I'd like even more. We're still waiting on stats for this new armor too.

http://xbox360.ign.c...gmp_110409.html
http://xbox360.ign.c...vdp_110409.html
http://xbox360.ign.c...gmp_110409.html

New content coming on GTTV plus new video coming soon which will explain CE armor (amongst other things).

Edited by Anexanhume, 05 November 2009 - 05:40 PM.

#162 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

I certainly wouldn't mind a surprise especially if it is better than or on par with a DLC discount. Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know if the armor shot on the Amazon page is legit? My Photoshop sense is tingling but if it is indeed a sneak peek of things to come then I'll be wearing one hell of a dumb grin on my face for the rest of the day.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#163 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:09 PM

I certainly wouldn't mind a surprise especially if it is better than or on par with a DLC discount. Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know if the armor shot on the Amazon page is legit? My Photoshop sense is tingling but if it is indeed a sneak peek of things to come then I'll be wearing one hell of a dumb grin on my face for the rest of the day.

It's completely legit. They just don't have an in-game render of it yet. Speculation is that since it is collector inspired, the weapon will be some type of beam weapon. There's also going to be a cerberus network card in the CE. That may have something to do with the part of the CE they can't talk about yet.

#164 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Sooooo awesome, hmm should I use my credit from MW2 for Dragon Age or ME2, I believe I'd enjoy ME2 more.

#165 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

It's completely legit. They just don't have an in-game render of it yet. Speculation is that since it is collector inspired, the weapon will be some type of beam weapon. There's also going to be a cerberus network card in the CE. That may have something to do with the part of the CE they can't talk about yet.

What in the hell is a cerberus network card? What are are you talking about?

#166 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:29 PM

What in the hell is a cerberus network card? What are are you talking about?

Cerberus is a rogue human military organization bent on making humans the dominant species in the galaxy. They are very important in ME2, and have a big part in the second ME novel. It's likely some DLC card that is fashioned to look like it has a place in the game universe.

edit: If you plan on pre-ordering the CE from Amazon, I suggest you do it NOW. Upping the quantity to 600 in my cart causes an error, which means they have less than 600 to give out. That doesn't mean they won't be allocated more, but it does mean you should pre-order if you can. It's free, so there's no harm done.

Edited by Anexanhume, 05 November 2009 - 11:40 PM.

#167 YodaEXE

YodaEXE

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:48 AM

Cerberus is a rogue human military organization bent on making humans the dominant species in the galaxy. They are very important in ME2, and have a big part in the second ME novel. It's likely some DLC card that is fashioned to look like it has a place in the game universe.

edit: If you plan on pre-ordering the CE from Amazon, I suggest you do it NOW. Upping the quantity to 600 in my cart causes an error, which means they have less than 600 to give out. That doesn't mean they won't be allocated more, but it does mean you should pre-order if you can. It's free, so there's no harm done.

Thanks for the warning. Got my 360 copy of the CE pre-ordered. I cannot wait for this game. Although it's going to destroy the start of my Spring semester, as it comes out about 2 weeks after the semester starts :D
Posted Image

#168 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

Joystiq got to play 9 minutes of a new level not shown before and they just put up video of it.

http://www.joystiq.c...ect-2-gameplay/

Loading super slow for me though.

#169 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

Thanks. I preordered a 360 CE copy. I got this since I have the ME1 CE and my save is on the 360. I generally prefer getting games for the PC, since you don't get mods for games on consoles.

#170 Modest Oddity

Modest Oddity

You can't quit me.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

Looks so sexy.

#171 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

I preordered from Amazon, just to be safe. I'm going to stop by my local gamestop to preorder there, though. I like that exclusive armor better than the Amazon one.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#172 omgitswes

omgitswes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

pretty stoked for this game, still haven't finished the first one though.

#173 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

Man I usually don't go out and watch gameplay videos of an upcoming game since I don't want to spoil anything and experience everything in the game but man that ME2 video was kick ass. Kotaku also had a video of the enemies of ME2 and that was killer as well.

#174 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

Mass Effect was one of the reasons I finally broke down and got a 360. I can't fucking wait for this one.

#175 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

Added new videos to the OP just now. However, there have been a few new videos coming out that have begun diving further into the story than some people may want to know about (such as non-party characters, etc.), so they will be excluded from the OP and can be posted under spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Edited by Tha Xecutioner, 14 November 2009 - 08:37 PM.

0sm4.png

#176 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:59 PM

They had a few rumors debunked with the latest OXM issue (Holiday 2009) but other than that I will not read anything about the game from them since they don't know the meaning of spoiling spoilers.

#177 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

Will everything fit on 1 disc?

Posted Image

#178 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 05:57 PM

Will everything fit on 1 disc?

They haven't said otherwise, so I'd imagine so.

0sm4.png

#179 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Armor and a gun from gamestop and just armor from amazon but no tax and free shipping. The gun looks nice but i'm not sure if I want to spend the extra money on the game. Is their any promo codes to use on gamestop.com to get cheaper shipping?

EDIT: Now that I look at it amazon does not list the bonus for preordering with the LE so I wonder if you still get it with the LE from amazon or not.
Posted Image

#180 Tha Xecutioner

Tha Xecutioner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

Final box-art revealed for the regular edition of the game:
Spoiler

I think it's better than the first announced cover, but it's still no Collector's Edition. I am glad, though, that they decided to showcase my planned squad for my first ME2 playthrough 8-)

0sm4.png