Braid (XBLA) 800 MSP - XBLM Gold Deal of the Week - Starts 2/23

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hrmm... I'm not as thrilled as everyone else seems to be with this game... it's alright... but not the Second Coming like everyone hyped it up as... glad I waited to pay 800 instead of 1200...

Agreed. I think the main guy is ugly and the story was too umm emo for my taste. At first I found the game challeging and only got like 2 pieces on each level then once I figured out what I was supposed to be doing I got the others pretty easily.
Guess its just a matter of taste.

#122 wakawakawa

wakawakawa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Agreed. I think the main guy is ugly and the story was too umm emo for my taste. At first I found the game challeging and only got like 2 pieces on each level then once I figured out what I was supposed to be doing I got the others pretty easily.
Guess its just a matter of taste.

Surpised you didn't get stuck on a few pieces at the end (and really I think people who don't get a little stuck on a few of the pieces cheated). If you want a real challenge go for the stars. They are nearly impossible to find by yourself, but if you find a list of what levels they are on, you have a chance to find them.

#123 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

Maybe some other time. Only one I got stuck on late in the game with where the key kept falling everytime I went up the ladder. I didn't cheat on it because I wanted to get my moneys worth out of it because I knew it was short. I will cheat on the speed runs though if I ever feel like playing it again.

#124 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

I waited for this to drop and nabbed it for $10 as well.

#125 sliknik27

sliknik27

Lost in the Woods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

Time to finally pick this one up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#126 chadthechosen

chadthechosen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Picked this up last night.. played the demo when it first came out.. but the music sort of drawn me into paying it and the price drop for it was really tempting as well.. I wonder what the deal next week is going to be.. reason I haven't bought any other xbla games yet just waiting to see what goes on sale next :p

#127 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

When does the next deal come up?

Im really hoping for castle crashers to lower....
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#128 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

doubt the next one will be a game. It might just be RB/GH content.

#129 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

I'm hoping Penny Arcade 1 drops. That is wayyyy overdue to drop.
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#130 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

Yeah I want Penny Arcade to drop also. I would get it if it just dropped 5 bucks. I also would like xtreme legends for samurai warriors 2 to drop but doubt that will ever happen since its not popular.

#131 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

I'd love to see Castle Crashers but that will probably take a while since its still selling well. Probably won't be another game for a month or two, and it probably won't be Castle Crashers.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#132 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

I picked this up. 800 pts was the right price drop for me.

:beer:

#133 twstd4lfe

twstd4lfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

rumor was/is next its the ninja gaiden ii mission pack for 560 points....meh pass

#134 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:18 AM

what all does NG2 expansion add? Here is hoping forcastle!

#135 King of Swing

King of Swing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:56 AM

I bit. Shouldn't be too bad for 800 points.

#136 sfu_lifer

sfu_lifer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

I was waiting for the price drop and almost forgot to buy it before the deal expired :).
Good game but not super awesome like others have hyped it to be. 800 points is a good permanent pricepoint for this.

#137 zerotl

zerotl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Downloaded the game, true the lead character isn't that appealing, but I loved everything about the game, music, impressionist style, and the puzzles. I looked at gamefaqs on 1 of the puzzles in the first level and realized I'd be cheating myself of an experience if I did the same for the rest of the game.

I don't know much about the dev, (seems not highly regarded) but this game truly is a marvel, haven't used this much of my noggin playing in a while, oh and the ending is nice.

Let's go castle crashers.

#138 megaprotobass

megaprotobass

(> · 3 ·)> pEwPeW~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

Wow. I didn't expect to download an XBLA game. Braid sure has its "artsy" feel for a puzzle game. Me like-y! :] ^__^ /b thumbs up!

#139 coltyhuxx

coltyhuxx

NoOtherValDudeCanTouchMe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

I realized I was just getting frustrated. I've checked out a few gamefaqs and I still cant figure out what the hell is going on with the time-gimmick in level 5. Where your shadow pops out and looks at the ground; seems to be really inconistent in how the shadow behaves (which, I am assuming means I'm not doing it right). I played for about thirty minutes and I was ready to never play the game again. Last time I got this frustrated was while playing the first boss in Too Human.

Just frustrating in a not fun way. And I've really enjoyed Braid up until this point (and do want to finish it).

Can someone explain in laymans terms how the shit I am supposed to control my shadow?

(PS, our CAG search engine really sucks)