Resident Evil 5 for $19.99 W/ Trade-In of 2 Selected Titles @ GS

ChunkyLover78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I went to GS today and they had a flyer that said Resident Evil 5 would cost $19.99 with the trade in of 2 selected titles.

Here is the whole list of the Qualified Games that you can trade in:

:wii: Wii:
Animal Crossings: City Folk
Ben 10: Alien Force
Big League Sports
Boom Box
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 09
Cabela's Legendary Adventure
Call of Duty: WaW
Carnival Games
Carnival Games: Mini-Golf
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
de Blob
Deadly Creatures
Ferrari Challenge
Guitar Hero: WT
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Hasbro Family Game Night
House of the Dead: Overkill
Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 09
Karaoke Revolution: American Idol Encore
Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warrior
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09 All-Play
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Martio Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Super Sluggers
Monopoly
Nartuo: Clash of Ninja 2
Need for Speed: Undercover
NHL 2K9
HPPL Championship Paintball 09
Pitfall: The Big Adventure
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Price is Right
Quantium of Solace
Rapala Fishing Frenzy
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil: Umbrealla Chronicles
Rock Band 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
SimAnimals
Skate it
Sonic Unleashed
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels
Star Wars: the Force Unleashed
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tenchu: Shadow Assassin
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 All Play
Wario Ware
Smooth Moves
Wii Music
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09

:ps3: PS3:
Afro Samurai
Armored Core: For Answer
BioShock
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare
Dead Space
Disgaea 3: Absense of Justice
Eternal Sonata
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grid
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Lego Batman
Lego Indian Jones
LittleBigPlanet
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collector's Edition
Metal Gear Sold 4: Guns of the Patriots
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Rapala's Fishing Frenzy
Resistance 2
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

:360: 360
Afro Samurai
Armored Core; For Answer
Bajo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Blitz, The League II
Call of Duty 4: MW
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Dead space
Destroy All Humans 3: Path of the Furon
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
FEAR 2: Project Origin
FIFA Soccer 09
Gears of War 2
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Halo 3
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
LIPS w/ 2 Wireless Mics (Required)
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 09 Collectors' Edition
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Mirror's Edge
Monopoly
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Naruto: The Broken Bond
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 09
NHL 09
NPPL Championship Paintball 09
Prince of Persia
Pro Evolution Soccer 09
Pure
Quantum of Solace
Race Pro
Rise of the Argonauts
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Scene It 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
Skate 2
Sonic Unleashed
SoulCalibur IV
Tales of Vesperia
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tom Clancy's End War
Tomb Raider Underworld
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 09
X-Blades

Offer Expires: 4/5/09

Thanks anthonyd46 for the scan:
2s197oy.jpg

Really isn't the best list but seeing it expires 4/05, some games might drop by then

Last edited by a moderator:
FoS: Only the PS3 Version of Grand Theft Auto 4 is on the list

Kevbo: Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Spider-Man Web of Shadows for the 360 are on the list but not BiA

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']COD4 and world at war count as 2 games or one?[/quote]

2 different games so counts as 2 if u trade both of em. i'll split em up in the op

[quote name='nervousxtian']Why not just sell your games on Craigslist, you can get $30 easy for a lot of those games... 2 games $60.. free Res5.[/QUOTE]
Right, that is the logical assumption for stuff like Left4Dead or Call of Duty World at War. But the point of this promo is to flip undesireables or stuff with huge price drops... even stuff that Gamestop drops themselves can be flipped back to them for a profit. (Well, having to buy the game that's a part of the promo)

It's an okay deal depending on what games you have. Thats why I only listed some of the games which I could remember at some point they were cheap, especially games like GTA4 for the PS3 which some people coulda gotten for 7.50 from bbv after the b1g1

There are a few games in there that can be found at Target clearance for between 7 and 15 bucks (depending on your store's prices). Too bad I won't buy this game until it hits $15-20.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Right, that is the logical assumption for stuff like Left4Dead or Call of Duty World at War. But the point of this promo is to flip undesireables or stuff with huge price drops... even stuff that Gamestop drops themselves can be flipped back to them for a profit. (Well, having to buy the game that's a part of the promo)[/quote]

Considering rumors abound of the upcoming Blockbuster B1G1, and with GTAIV (PS3) being $15, find another decent game that qualifies and there we are. If only Boom Blox would drop at BBV; it's at $20 currently I believe.

Well for the people that took advantage of the Radio Shack Promos this is decent deal. What $43 dollars for the game new OOP.

Not a bad deal. 2 weeks ago I got 4 copies of CoD4 and 2 copies of GTA4 (all 360) for $60 and flipped em for $110 in credit. It averages out to the same thing though, so I'm not upset. Pre-ordered KZ2 and still have $45 left.

you can get TRU, Last Remnant, Spiderman, Far Cry 2, and SCIV all for $14.99 a piece at Target clearance. A bunch of them just went on clearance today, so you could still probably get more on amazon for them, but they'll be down to $19.99 on amazon by the end of the week because people are dumb.

So, it's basically RE5 for $10 off.

Thanks op for answering my question. I wont do the deal, simply because I want to keep those 3 games, but I got each of them for $8 bucks at a local Target clearence a few weeks ago!

[quote name='ninja dog']you can get TRU, Last Remnant, Spiderman, Far Cry 2, and SCIV all for $14.99 a piece at Target clearance. A bunch of them just went on clearance today, so you could still probably get more on amazon for them, but they'll be down to $19.99 on amazon by the end of the week because people are dumb.

So, it's basically RE5 for $10 off.[/quote]

true. true. in essence it could be this way for most ppl.

[quote name='Chronis']Can you check to see if Fracture 360 and Spiderman Web of Shadws PS3 qualify?[/quote]

fracture for 360 isnt but spider man web of shadows for ps3 is on the list

If the b1G1 at BBV comes out, you can possibly get RE5 for $35+ tax (two GTA 4s on PS3). Please let it happen BBV! I'd even upgrade to the Limited Edition

I can see how this could be a good deal to people who bought some newer games on clearance at RS or Target or something, but otherwise this deal is a joke. The fact that you still have to pay them $20 even after handing over 2 fairly new games is kinda dumb.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']So I went to GS today and they had a flyer that said Resident Evil 5 would cost $19.99 with the trade in of 2 selected titles.

Most of the games are new but there are a few older ones. Here are some highlights

Wii: Boom Blox, Raving Rabbids 2 & TV Party

PS3: Bliz the League 2,C all of Duty 4, Call of Duty WaW, Grand Theft Auto 4, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Grid, Quantum of Solace, End War, X-Blades

360: Bliz the League 2, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty WaW, Infinite Undiscovery, Left 4 Dead, Lego batman, Quantum of Solace, SoulCalibur 4, End War, Banjo- Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Spiderman-Web of Shadows

I can get a full list up but it might take some time as I dont have a scanner. I can see if there are certain games you want to trade in and i'll see if its on the list or not

Offer Expires: 4/5/09[/quote]

Gamestop are criminals!! Put them on eBay and make triple what they offer you....

If we could get a full list of games (whether cheap or not), then that would be great.

The deal sucks, but I may be able to get some of the games and am looking to get rid of games I no longer play.

After looking at the updated list this deal is worse than I thought. Waaayy worse! Please tell me I didn't see Mario Kart Wii. One Mario Kart Wii will net you $37.50 with the Tiered trade. This has got to be a really bad joke. This is basically giving you $40 off of RE5, but they expect you to trade in good games that would net you a lot more with the other promo. Nice try GS. Unfortunetly some people will fall for this. There are only a handful of games that could be used for this promo otherwise use the tiered trade and just buy RE5 with the credit you get back.

holy shit, I got two sonic Unleashed sealed, I have no intention of doing anything with them, and they worth $20\

Edit: nvm I have 2 Sonic the Hedgehod =(

Last edited by a moderator:
ripoff deal of the day, this was similar to the Fallout 3 deal they had back then the list grew even more with excluded titles!

Yeah, Gamestop's trade deals are just atrocious. There was a time when we didn't have to work so hard to get a good trade out of Gamestop... but as they slowly monopolize the used game market (brick & mortar, anyway), I believe things will get worse. For us.

Maybe they're just in the business of serving soccer moms now?

For the people who are crazy enough to trade games in at Gamestop (makes me cringe), I guess this isn't such a horrible deal. Some of the games on the list are pretty tradeable.

Thanks for the update. I got a couple of games on the list I'm looking to get rid of and they don't sell for much more on ebay so I pretty much would break even without the hassle of ebay and paypal.

Yeah this deal is horrible considering you are basically getting $20 credit for each of the two game and majority of these games will get you over $20 if you use the current 40% bonus offer.

Thanks for posting this but we all know that GS will turn around and sell those games for $49.99 - $54.99 as pre-owned. They aren't getting a dime from me.

:speaktothehand:

[quote name='linkmon']Gamestop are criminals!! Put them on eBay and make triple what they offer you....[/quote]

Blitz The League 2 sells for $60 eBay?

:whistle2:s

bread's done
Back