I think they put the wrong game in the case.

metalgearray

CAGiversary!
I bought a used Morrowind GOTY edition for the Xbox from FYE on Sunday. I've been playing it and all was well, until I'm sitting here looking at the disc, and nowhere on the disc does it say anything about GOTY. And now that I think about it, I remember reading in a review somewhere that when you hit an enemy, you can see their health bar in the GOTY edition and not the regular one. My copy doesn't have enemy health bars.

So now that I'm pretty sure I got the original version when I paid for the GOTY edition, is there anything I can do? I have the receipt and I bought it only 2 days ago. But I also peeled the price stickers off the case. Can I return it without too much hassle?

edit: Just to clarify, both the receipt and the case say Morrowind GOTY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there's an easy way to clear that up. Does your game disc look like this?

1156465880-00.jpg

If not, then you don't have the GOTY edition. You should be able to return it if you think you didn't get what you paid for. Price stickers shouldn't be a problem since it's a used game - FYE can easily make more.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='squidboots']Well, there's an easy way to clear that up. Does your game disc look like this?

1156465880-00.jpg

If not, then you don't have the GOTY edition. You should be able to return it if you think you didn't get what you paid for. Price stickers shouldn't be a problem since it's a used game - FYE can easily make more.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure any game disc looks like that. And I dont agree that MobyGames is the definitive resource for PC games either!

[quote name='musha666']Im not sure any game disc looks like that. And I dont agree that MobyGames is the definitive resource for PC games either![/QUOTE]
:| We're talking about an XBOX game not a PC game here!

Yes, it does look like that. I have one sitting right in front of me. This is an XBOX game NOT an XBOX 360 game. Here's the full Mobygames page for what ALL of the Morrowind GOTY discs look like for all of the different packagings (note that the XBOX edition is at the bottom, and there is only one.) His disc should clearly say "Game of the Year Edition" on it if it is truly that edition.

2 days should be fine for a return, epsecially since you're just trying to get the right game disc. However, if you've still got those stickers around (peeled or not), take them with you- just in case.

[quote name='squidboots']:| We're talking about an XBOX game not a PC game here!

Yes, it does look like that. I have one sitting right in front of me. This is an XBOX game NOT an XBOX 360 game. Here's the full Mobygames page for what ALL of the Morrowind GOTY discs look like for all of the different packagings (note that the XBOX edition is at the bottom, and there is only one.) His disc should clearly say "Game of the Year Edition" on it if it is truly that edition.[/quote]

No, I'm pretty sure musha's right...I've never seen a game disc look like a white square with black text on it.

It might be different at FYE, but this happened to me at Gamespot just this weekend. I bought Metal Gear Acid2 used, but when I got home I noticed that it was actually Metal Gear Acid in the case. I came back the next day, explained the problem, and they realized it was their mistake and switched it out right away.

As long as you explain it to them reasonably, they shouldn't have a problem, unless they don't have the disk you need.

Well, thanks for the advice guys. I went back, and they were extremely nice about it. Since they didn't have another copy, I got a refund.

bread's done
Back