Big Bang Theory DVD $15.99 at Target B&M

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

Just like Chuck, season 1 of the Big Bang Theory is $15.99 on a temporary price drop at Target B&M locations. This, like Chuck, ends Sunday so if you want this at a price cheaper than Amazon, go now!

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#2 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Great Series
Great Price!!
Run... RUN NOW AND GET IT! (I already have it)
This is currently one my favorite shows on TV. (God, how I love Geek Humor)
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 NSpectreGarrus

NSpectreGarrus

CAGosaurus Rex!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

Great show, but I wanna say I got it at Target for 14.99 a month or so ago . . . either way, go pick this up now!

631840.png

#4 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:46 PM

I love this show, just hate the laugh track. I wish they'd start having the option to turn it off lol. probably never happen but would be nice. I might pick this up.

#5 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

great show

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:18 AM

I love this show, just hate the laugh track. I wish they'd start having the option to turn it off lol. probably never happen but would be nice. I might pick this up.

Laugh track and "filmed before a live audience" are two completely different things.

Edited by Kerig, 25 February 2009 - 08:34 AM.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7 crazylikeafox11

crazylikeafox11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:33 PM

It's been this price for a few weeks, but if the deal ends Sunday, better hop on it if you haven't already. It's a great show, especially for $15.

#8 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

Laugh track and "filmed before a live audience" are two completely different things.

Not really, just because there's a live audience doesn't mean that the production company can't dub a laugh track over the episode.

#9 monoxide101

monoxide101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

That feature is one of the greatest things about the M*A*S*H sets, the show is so much better without the canned laughter. I too, wish all sitcoms would start offering this.
My computer said "Kill" - I said "Alright".

#10 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

Rock paper scissors lizard spock!

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#11 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

Nice, that's the price I wanted to buy it at. Thanks OP!

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#12 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Even if it is in front of a live studio audience then most likely they could get rid of the laughs. I've been to a sitcom before and they had mics connected to the seats so I'm pretty sure they still put it on post unless someone was really loud. Not positive all of them do it this way though.

#13 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

Was the first season of the show shot in HD is there a possibility of a Blu-Ray release? I'd personally wait for the Blu-Ray if there was any indication that it's coming.

#14 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

Was the first season of the show shot in HD is there a possibility of a Blu-Ray release? I'd personally wait for the Blu-Ray if there was any indication that it's coming.

My exact thought when I saw the DVD but there's no listing with a release date for a BR version on Amazon so I bit. A Google search shows a bunch of people asking, but no one knows if it will ever be on Blu-Ray, while Chuck's BR release was confirmed to be out a few months after it hit DVD.

Very few, if any, CBS shows are on Blu-Ray. I can't think of any at all, surprising since CSI would be a phenominal BR.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#15 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

My exact thought when I saw the DVD but there's no listing with a release date for a BR version on Amazon so I bit. A Google search shows a bunch of people asking, but no one knows if it will ever be on Blu-Ray, while Chuck's BR release was confirmed to be out a few months after it hit DVD.

Very few, if any, CBS shows are on Blu-Ray. I can't think of any at all, surprising since CSI would be a phenominal BR.

I don't know why CBS is so glacially slow about putting shows out on DVD. Fox seems to be the only one clued in on it, as NBC and ABC are barely dropping any of them out the door on BR.

I've seen Big Bang in both SD and HD and it looks quite better in HD. Wish it was on BR, as I'd have picked that up. I picked it up on DVD from Amazon.com @ $16.99 shipped w/o tax, so I'm good with this deal already.

It should be a good blind buy for people.