• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:25 AM

Hey CAGers,

Here is a heads up on our next 48 Hour Madness that will begin tomorrow. It should go live tomorrow mid-morning PST. Just depends when we wake up. :) Just kidding.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 - $35.90 w/ FREE Shipping

GTA Classic - $5.90

GTA IV - $29.90

rFactor - $15.90

Combat Flight Simulator 3 - $7.90

Hour of Victory – $9.90*

The Sims: Pet Stories - $4.90

Dungeon Siege + Arana Expansion - $4.90

Hidden and Dangeous 2 - $3.90

Battlestations: Midway - $2.90

Razer Death Adder Mouse - $29.90

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 - $32.90 w/ FREE Shipping!

Microsoft Digital Media Pro Wired Keyboard - $5.90

Sorry guys, no console this time. We're looking for console deals this week.

Jason Williams
General Manager
GoGamer.com

Edited by CheapyD, 25 February 2009 - 10:46 AM.

#2 Pelican

Pelican

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:32 AM

Great deal on DoW, thanks for the heads up.
Posted Image

#3 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

Microsoft Digital Media Pro, i need this.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#4 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

Battlestations Midway is surprisingly fun. If you're ordering some other stuff from GoGamer, I recommend tossing that one in there too

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#5 svt1029

svt1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

Battlestations Midway is surprisingly fun. If you're ordering some other stuff from GoGamer, I recommend tossing that one in there too

I agree, that game is a true sleeper, one of the few that has originality and depth
Posted Image

#6 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

I was going to wait on DoW2 for a while, but I can't skip a price like that.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#7 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

Oh and of course quantities are limited. We have a fair bit of DOW II in stock, but we expect to sell out, so don't dwaddle tomorrow.

BTW I have been playng DOW II and loving it. Looks and plays awesome on my dual 280's. :-) Killing Orcs has never been so fun.

Jason

#8 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:26 AM

Wow, after enough mediocre ones they come back with one like the good old days.

I'm tempted but the beta was so meh and have too much else to play.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#9 larryface

larryface

Grass Dainty Legs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

Glad I talked myself out of just splurging on DoW II today. Can't wait!

#10 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:41 AM

Wasn't that keyboard in a GG Madness two sales ago with $8 shipping?

#11 palejackal

palejackal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:54 AM

Oo, I was waiting for cheap-ish DoW2, since it needed some patching, IMO. This could be it...

#12 Kurina

Kurina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

Wish you would have had that DoW2 deal a few days ago, as I regret making it one of the few games I bought for full price. May check out some of those other deals though.

#13 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Did I miss Ash Tuesday?

#14 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

I'm hoping you guys or STEAM have a deal on Counterstrike Source soon. No luck yet :-(

#15 Skexis

Skexis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

Picking up DoW after my friend kept bugging me. Thanks for the deal, OP!

#16 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

Have they patched GTA IV into something playable yet? I'm still holding out for a <$25 deal.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#17 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

Love the free Dirt Cheap option, but I really want insurance on a $35 purchase but I'm not going to pay $3.29 extra for it.

A nice value add service for GoGamer on these Steam activation games would be to e-mail us the codes, or add them to our account login, or something then we get the game sooner and we are "insured" against loss.

And Warhammer isn't even an import. Get down to the $30 level on new-ish games, keep offering free ship, and I won't miss Circuit City competition for loss leaders as much . . .

#18 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:53 AM

Anyone ever used their site for trade ins?

#19 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:05 PM

Nice, I've been looking for a good price on a DeathAdder mouse. I will bite!

#20 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

[quote name='turls']Love the free Dirt Cheap option, but I really want insurance on a $35 purchase but I'm not going to pay $3.29 extra for it.

A nice value add service for GoGamer on these Steam activation games would be to e-mail us the codes, or add them to our account login, or something then we get the game sooner and we are "insured" against loss.
quote]

You have no idea how badly a policy of sending codes first on physical products would be abused. Fraud is rampant wether us gamers want to acknowledge it or not. Plus the publishers wold cut us off. It's not that easy.

And I guarantee you that you package would reach you. Less than 1% of our customers ever choose the Dirt Cheap insured. It's simply not needed.

Jason

#21 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

man, i wish i hadnt bought DOW2 at BB.... the first time i pay full price for a game in a long time and this happens..

Edited by Burchamj, 25 February 2009 - 02:52 PM.

#22 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

You have no idea how badly a policy of sending codes first on physical products would be abused. Fraud is rampant wether us gamers want to acknowledge it or not. Plus the publishers wold cut us off. It's not that easy.

And I guarantee you that you package would reach you. Less than 1% of our customers ever choose the Dirt Cheap insured. It's simply not needed.

Actually I do realize there is potential for fraud. That's why I mentioned adding it to the account instead of just mentioning e-mailing it. There should be a way to manage the risk to you somehow. As far as the publishers go, you know better than I do what they would say.

Just an outside of the box thought for one of my favorite niche e-tailers, that would be groundbreaking and might increase sales on retail products. Obviously the PC side of game retailing could use some new ideas. . .but then you've still got the crappy ports and DRM to overcome.

#23 Esoteria

Esoteria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

I hear DoW2's single player is nothing to sneeze at, so that's making me think about getting it for this price but.... The multiplayer beta was so buggy I'm going to pass.

#24 MattVid

MattVid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

Actually I do realize there is potential for fraud. That's why I mentioned adding it to the account instead of just mentioning e-mailing it. There should be a way to manage the risk to you somehow. As far as the publishers go, you know better than I do what they would say.

Just an outside of the box thought for one of my favorite niche e-tailers, that would be groundbreaking and might increase sales on retail products. Obviously the PC side of game retailing could use some new ideas. . .but then you've still got the crappy ports and DRM to overcome.

I have bought games from places before and they have given me the code before sending me the disc (especially on MMO games), I don't see what the big issue is. They pay you the money, you give them the code ... I don't understand where the fraudulent stuff would be happening? On the stores end? If you make the sales final if they request to get the code via e-mail/whatever, then there should be no issue. There are OBVIOUSLY places that do this already, like D2D, Steam or whatever, they get you the code somehow and you just download the game.

I might have to bite on DoW II, I have the first one with expansions and had a great time with it. And the single player campaign looks pretty good. Just been buying WAY too many games lately ... The main reason I am holding back is the game only includes 4 races, which seems pretty weak to me. Might just wait for the triple pack again like I did with the first one. Or just wait for SC II :)

Edited by MattVid, 25 February 2009 - 03:52 PM.

Regards,
MattVid
Now Playing:
:pc:: Aion, Champions Online, Crysis, SCII, L4D 2
:ps3:: Read Dead Redemption, Prototype
:psp:: Nothing
:ds:-i: Zelda: Spirit Tracks
:wii:: New SMB, Wii Sports Resort

#25 Mars10

Mars10

FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Bit on DoWII thanks GoGamer! (i almost bought this last night on steam for 50 bucks! O_O)

edit: Hmm. Why is there over 60 hours remaining on the 48hour madness sale? My mind is blown.

Edited by Mars10, 25 February 2009 - 04:23 PM.

#26 flare1185

flare1185

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Bite on DoWII been waiting for a deal like this.

#27 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

Woot. Bought DoW :whee:

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#28 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

Bit on DoWII thanks GoGamer! (i almost bought this last night on steam for 50 bucks! O_O)

edit: Hmm. Why is there over 60 hours remaining on the 48hour madness sale? My mind is blown.

haha I noticed that too. I also bit on DoWII I couldn't resist the price. Sucks how the game is tied to your Steam account though. Oh well thanks gogamer! :D

#29 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I have bought games from places before and they have given me the code before sending me the disc (especially on MMO games), I don't see what the big issue is. They pay you the money, you give them the code ... I don't understand where the fraudulent stuff would be happening? On the stores end? If you make the sales final if they request to get the code via e-mail/whatever, then there should be no issue. There are OBVIOUSLY places that do this already, like D2D, Steam or whatever, they get you the code somehow and you just download the game. :)

MattVid,

We certainly understand your point and of course we know how the download sites work with codes, including our own GoLoader.com. However, the DRMs are different on DL titles which makes things easier to manage and less prone to fraud.

I know most game consumers are not privy to some of the market info I have and this whole subject is really complex, but let's just say I have experience with both game retail and game distribution and bad things can happen to even the most well intentioned retailer.

As far as thinking outside the box, GoGamer has always done that and we're working on some things that will be pretty cool and we think gamers will like.

Gaming retail is changing no doubt, but we plan on being around a long time. Your support will allow us to continue to offer great deals and be an awesome alternative to the "big" guys.

Jason

#30 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

GTA4 is pretty tempting at that price...but i've heard it's HORRIBLY optimized.