GoGamer.com - Fat Wednesday 48 Hour Madness

GoGamer.com - Jason

Official Representative
Hey CAGers,

Here is a heads up on our next 48 Hour Madness that will begin tomorrow. It should go live tomorrow mid-morning PST. Just depends when we wake up. :) Just kidding.

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 - $35.90 w/ FREE Shipping

GTA Classic - $5.90

GTA IV - $29.90

rFactor - $15.90

Combat Flight Simulator 3 - $7.90

Hour of Victory – $9.90*

The Sims: Pet Stories - $4.90

Dungeon Siege + Arana Expansion - $4.90

Hidden and Dangeous 2 - $3.90

Battlestations: Midway - $2.90

Razer Death Adder Mouse - $29.90

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 - $32.90 w/ FREE Shipping!

Microsoft Digital Media Pro Wired Keyboard - $5.90

Sorry guys, no console this time. We're looking for console deals this week.

Jason Williams
General Manager
GoGamer.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlestations Midway is surprisingly fun. If you're ordering some other stuff from GoGamer, I recommend tossing that one in there too

[quote name='Serik']Battlestations Midway is surprisingly fun. If you're ordering some other stuff from GoGamer, I recommend tossing that one in there too[/quote]

I agree, that game is a true sleeper, one of the few that has originality and depth

Oh and of course quantities are limited. We have a fair bit of DOW II in stock, but we expect to sell out, so don't dwaddle tomorrow.

BTW I have been playng DOW II and loving it. Looks and plays awesome on my dual 280's. :) Killing Orcs has never been so fun.

Jason

Wow, after enough mediocre ones they come back with one like the good old days.

I'm tempted but the beta was so meh and have too much else to play.

Wish you would have had that DoW2 deal a few days ago, as I regret making it one of the few games I bought for full price. May check out some of those other deals though.

Love the free Dirt Cheap option, but I really want insurance on a $35 purchase but I'm not going to pay $3.29 extra for it.

A nice value add service for GoGamer on these Steam activation games would be to e-mail us the codes, or add them to our account login, or something then we get the game sooner and we are "insured" against loss.

And Warhammer isn't even an import. Get down to the $30 level on new-ish games, keep offering free ship, and I won't miss Circuit City competition for loss leaders as much . . .

[quote name='turls']Love the free Dirt Cheap option, but I really want insurance on a $35 purchase but I'm not going to pay $3.29 extra for it.

A nice value add service for GoGamer on these Steam activation games would be to e-mail us the codes, or add them to our account login, or something then we get the game sooner and we are "insured" against loss.
quote]

You have no idea how badly a policy of sending codes first on physical products would be abused. Fraud is rampant wether us gamers want to acknowledge it or not. Plus the publishers wold cut us off. It's not that easy.

And I guarantee you that you package would reach you. Less than 1% of our customers ever choose the Dirt Cheap insured. It's simply not needed.

Jason

man, i wish i hadnt bought DOW2 at BB.... the first time i pay full price for a game in a long time and this happens..

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']You have no idea how badly a policy of sending codes first on physical products would be abused. Fraud is rampant wether us gamers want to acknowledge it or not. Plus the publishers wold cut us off. It's not that easy.

And I guarantee you that you package would reach you. Less than 1% of our customers ever choose the Dirt Cheap insured. It's simply not needed.
[/quote]

Actually I do realize there is potential for fraud. That's why I mentioned adding it to the account instead of just mentioning e-mailing it. There should be a way to manage the risk to you somehow. As far as the publishers go, you know better than I do what they would say.

Just an outside of the box thought for one of my favorite niche e-tailers, that would be groundbreaking and might increase sales on retail products. Obviously the PC side of game retailing could use some new ideas. . .but then you've still got the crappy ports and DRM to overcome.

I hear DoW2's single player is nothing to sneeze at, so that's making me think about getting it for this price but.... The multiplayer beta was so buggy I'm going to pass.

[quote name='turls']Actually I do realize there is potential for fraud. That's why I mentioned adding it to the account instead of just mentioning e-mailing it. There should be a way to manage the risk to you somehow. As far as the publishers go, you know better than I do what they would say.

Just an outside of the box thought for one of my favorite niche e-tailers, that would be groundbreaking and might increase sales on retail products. Obviously the PC side of game retailing could use some new ideas. . .but then you've still got the crappy ports and DRM to overcome.[/quote]
I have bought games from places before and they have given me the code before sending me the disc (especially on MMO games), I don't see what the big issue is. They pay you the money, you give them the code ... I don't understand where the fraudulent stuff would be happening? On the stores end? If you make the sales final if they request to get the code via e-mail/whatever, then there should be no issue. There are OBVIOUSLY places that do this already, like D2D, Steam or whatever, they get you the code somehow and you just download the game.

I might have to bite on DoW II, I have the first one with expansions and had a great time with it. And the single player campaign looks pretty good. Just been buying WAY too many games lately ... The main reason I am holding back is the game only includes 4 races, which seems pretty weak to me. Might just wait for the triple pack again like I did with the first one. Or just wait for SC II :)

Bit on DoWII thanks GoGamer! (i almost bought this last night on steam for 50 bucks! O_O)

edit: Hmm. Why is there over 60 hours remaining on the 48hour madness sale? My mind is blown.

[quote name='Mars10']Bit on DoWII thanks GoGamer! (i almost bought this last night on steam for 50 bucks! O_O)

edit: Hmm. Why is there over 60 hours remaining on the 48hour madness sale? My mind is blown.[/quote]haha I noticed that too. I also bit on DoWII I couldn't resist the price. Sucks how the game is tied to your Steam account though. Oh well thanks gogamer! :D

[quote name='MattVid']I have bought games from places before and they have given me the code before sending me the disc (especially on MMO games), I don't see what the big issue is. They pay you the money, you give them the code ... I don't understand where the fraudulent stuff would be happening? On the stores end? If you make the sales final if they request to get the code via e-mail/whatever, then there should be no issue. There are OBVIOUSLY places that do this already, like D2D, Steam or whatever, they get you the code somehow and you just download the game. :)[/quote]

MattVid,

We certainly understand your point and of course we know how the download sites work with codes, including our own GoLoader.com. However, the DRMs are different on DL titles which makes things easier to manage and less prone to fraud.

I know most game consumers are not privy to some of the market info I have and this whole subject is really complex, but let's just say I have experience with both game retail and game distribution and bad things can happen to even the most well intentioned retailer.

As far as thinking outside the box, GoGamer has always done that and we're working on some things that will be pretty cool and we think gamers will like.

Gaming retail is changing no doubt, but we plan on being around a long time. Your support will allow us to continue to offer great deals and be an awesome alternative to the "big" guys.

Jason

Wow a 30 dollar Deathadder that is a freaking great deal

I highly recommend the mouse (using it atm) and would pick up another if I had the money!

Looking forward to the console deals. I'm hoping for 007 Quantum of Solaris (360) for $25 or less, Bourne Identity (360) for $25 or less and/or Web of Shadows (360) for $20 or less (shipped).

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']GTA4 is pretty tempting at that price...but i've heard it's HORRIBLY optimized.[/quote]There have been two patches already for it; it's improving. I say go for it. It's not nearly as bad at Saints Row is.

man...I didn't even see the death adder option the first time scrolling thru the list but I'm glad I read some posts before I purchased cuz I was gonna get the Microsoft one. But after looking at reviews online, it looks like the Death Adder is atleast tied for the best gaming mouse you can get period

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Also anyone know if you can unlock achievements in this in XP or do you have to have Vista?[/quote]

There's nothing exclusive to Vista about achievements. For that to even be a question proves how mucked up GfW is thanks to some Microsoft's Vista only releases. . .

I know that people got scammed on Ebay doing this for example for MS Live Codes. The seller e-mailed the codes and the buyer got a PayPal refund because they claimed they never got physical product. . . or something like that. I'm guessing that type of thing is one of the things GoGamer is worried about.

[quote name='MattVid']I have bought games from places before and they have given me the code before sending me the disc (especially on MMO games), I don't see what the big issue is. They pay you the money, you give them the code ... I don't understand where the fraudulent stuff would be happening? [/quote]

[quote name='silent h3ro']For gaming, the DeathAdder is better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up the Microsoft one. It's a better deal in terms of percentage off, is wireless and looks better in my opinion.

[quote name='turls']I know that people got scammed on Ebay doing this for example for MS Live Codes. The seller e-mailed the codes and the buyer got a PayPal refund because they claimed they never got physical product. . . or something like that. I'm guessing that type of thing is one of the things GoGamer is worried about.[/quote]
Yea, greedy assholes are what ruin it for everyone. Just look at the US economy and the banking industry. But that is why it would be a closed deal ... as in, you can't get your money back once you request a code.

I realize there is definitely more to this than I understand, as I am not a game distributor, I just am saying that I have purchased games like this before, and didn't have a problem.

Anyways, I still might pick up DoW II, want to see if I can play a demo or something tonight on my PC and see how it is (and how it runs, though I shouldn't have any problems). These are some great deals :)

Has anyone played DoWII and can vouch for its awesomeness? How does it compare to the first one? The Space Marine campaign only seems kind of weak, I guess. And the lack of other races.

[quote name='turls']There's nothing exclusive to Vista about achievements. For that to even be a question proves how mucked up GfW is thanks to some Microsoft's Vista only releases. . .[/quote]

Halo 2 being Vista only is what screwed everything up. That caused people to "work around" the vista-only restriction. Did MS really think Halo 2 being Vista only would cause people to upgrade? :drool: But I agree in general GfW has no direction whatsoever. Probably why they made it free last year.

Either way a couple others on another website also confirmed that achievements unlock on XP. Went ahead and placed an order. Sure hope it runs alright on my laptop. :pray:

Awesome deals. I've been looking for a razer mouse for cheap and this is the lowest I've seen yet. And Battlestations for 2.90 is a steal. Thanks OP

bread's done
Back