GoGamer.com - Fat Wednesday 48 Hour Madness

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 fenixrisingxl

fenixrisingxl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

Anyone receive their copy of DOWII from Gogamer yet? I received mine yesterday, but it's not factory-sealed, and is instead secured by a plastic circular seal where the case opens (think along the lines of what Gamestop does when they sell their 'gutted' copy).
Is this normal, does anyone know? I don't want to pop this game open just to find out the key's already registered.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

#62 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

A lot of recent PC games have a cardboard sleeving with a clear sticker seal on the top and bottom or on the side and then inside the sleeving there should be the game wrapped in plastic.

#63 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

Anyone receive their copy of DOWII from Gogamer yet? I received mine yesterday, but it's not factory-sealed, and is instead secured by a plastic circular seal where the case opens (think along the lines of what Gamestop does when they sell their 'gutted' copy).
Is this normal, does anyone know? I don't want to pop this game open just to find out the key's already registered.
Thank you for your time.

Hi,

What you received is not a "gutted" copy or a used copy. It came to us like that. It is a new box.

Jason

#64 fenixrisingxl

fenixrisingxl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

Thanks, Jason.
Appreciate the quick reply, considering you're probably supposed to be off today.

#65 espionage

espionage

Aging Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

Thank you for your time.

i received my copy today - and there wasn't even a circular seal on mine. there was no seal or plastic of any sort. i slid the cardboard sleeve off...and it was open. these copies were really like from the manufacturer? thankfully, the serial activated on steam...
Posted Image
My Gaming Blog: http://levelingdown.com

#66 silent h3ro

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:11 AM

Yeah I just got mine today. No cardboard sleeving or plastic wrap like I thought. Mine did have a sticker seal however and it activated on Steam just fine.