What's Rockin' In Your iPod!

adriley313

Banned
This is a thread for all the fans of iPods and downloading digitial music. In a world where CD are becoming less popular due to the fact that digital music is cheaper, greener and easier to buy. This is place to share your favorite downloads, download site and services where you get your favorite music that's currently jammin' on your iPod, iPhone or other mp3 device. So post your places to get cheap music.

Cause let's face it soon in the not so distant future CD will fade into the past like tape cassettes did and 8-tracks before them. If you don't think so then ask your parents if they ever thought tapes would fade out. Now don't get me wrong I still love the feeling of buying a CD and opening the wrapper and checking out the art book and reading the lyrics. Yet nowadays you can do that digitially thanks to iTunes.

What's best off all of this new trend is that you get to sample tracks from a album before you buy it. Instead of the old days when if you like two or three songs you had to buy the complete album.

Whether its iTunes or Amazon that you get your music from or Limewire, this is a place to share your knowledge with fellow CAGs. After all we are all cheap asses right!!

The last songs I downloaded were on iTunes

Craig David- Insomnia
Flo Rida- Right Round
Kayne West- Heartless
Jupiter Rising- LA Girls
The Fear- Lily Allen

What about you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
From Emusic:
Every Cruxshadows album they had, and the Freezepop and Genitorturers EPs.
75 songs for 11.99. I won't pay a buck a track, but I'll pay emusic's prices (providing I can find stuff I'm interested in ).
I do still like CDs though, there's something the tangible object has that dl'ing mp3s doesn't. The last CD I bought was from a concert though (ten bucks and the singer signed it).

gayco.jpg

That's the money I saved by switching to not buying an iPod.

[quote name='crystalklear64']
gayco.jpg

That's the money I saved by switching to not buying an iPod.[/quote]

He looks a little meaner there than he does in the commercials...

Some reason I have gotten into a rap kick
Wale
Kid Cudi
Asher Roth
Paper Route Gangstaz

But the usual
Devotchka
Muscles
Voxtrot
Justice
Chester French
N.E.R.D

I meant to saybin world where CD are becoming less popular and the world is becoming more digitized.

Hey Chris Dillion if you like Wale, check out Change by Daniel Merriweather. Its a cool song with a little politics in it.

[quote name='neworlbush25']I love College!!!![/quote]
Me too. Party!!

As for the iPod, I'm a heavy metal fan, so...
Blind Guardian
Helloween
Lazarus A.D.
Megadeth
Exodus
Fueled by Fire
etc. etc.

[quote name='kennistond']
Valencia[/QUOTE]
Shane's solo stuff is really good too if you dig his voice. Big fan of that band.

I also like rihannas new song Warning and Justin Timberlakes new song. I also like the new Black Eyed Peas I just heard on the radio. Boom Boom Clap. Sweet song and beat. Just waiting for it to hit iTunes.

Does anyone know where you get a complete list of new music coming out in one place? So I don't have to search for it with dates and all?

[quote name='joe2187']I have a zune. It's Awesomer.[/QUOTE]

ya keep telling yourself that. I don't see any Zune commericals out.

I'm rocking a Creative Zen Vision M. Infinitely superior to the Ipod.

Anyways; my current listening is to the tune of The Adam Carolla Podcast. Good stuff. Miss his radio show. Bastard CBS.

[quote name='joe2187']I have a zune. It's Awesomer.[/QUOTE]

Until the day comes where I can add jiggle physics to pictures of women on my zune I have to disagree with you.

[quote name='JJSP']Shane's solo stuff is really good too if you dig his voice. Big fan of that band.[/quote]

Good call. This is great.

I'm going to a Valencia concert next Saturday, actually.

It's a small, small venue so hopefully, I'll get to talk to the band.

[quote name='kennistond']Good call. This is great.

I'm going to a Valencia concert next Saturday, actually.

It's a small, small venue so hopefully, I'll get to talk to the band.[/quote]
Assuming that's the tour with Houston Calls, should be a great show. I think they're running their own merch booth on this tour, so meeting them shouldn't be too hard.

[quote name='JJSP']Assuming that's the tour with Houston Calls, should be a great show. I think they're running their own merch booth on this tour, so meeting them shouldn't be too hard.[/quote]

Yeah, I hope so.

Houston Calls new and old stuff is pretty good too, so I have pretty high expectations.

I generally only listen to whole albums, but here's what's been getting the most play on my iPod lately:

Clipse - Road Till The Casket Drops
Cormega - The True Meaning
Followed By Ghosts - Dear Monsters, Be Patient
Isis - In the Absence of Truth
Joe Budden - Padded Room
pg.lost - It's Not Me, It's You!

I've been using my iPod again lately since I've got a rather relaxed schedule (for now).. just logged into my last.fm account for the first time in a couple years -- deleted my old listening stats to start anew, looks like they can track iPod plays now too. Cool stuff. Last.fm's come a long way.

Just got some new music

Bang Bang- K'naan feat Adam Levine (Maroon 5)
Cinematic- Jessi Malay
LA Girls- Jupiter Rising
Genie 2.0- Christina Aguilera
J**z In My Pants- The Lonely Island
Poker Face- Lady Gaga
Boombox- Kylie Minogue
Star- Estelle

[quote name='dcfox']Until the day comes where I can add jiggle physics to pictures of women on my zune I have to disagree with you.[/quote]

LMAO!!

I havent downloaded that App...

I just broke the 10,000 song mark on my 80gb, but here's the most frequently played as of late:

Gaslight Anthem
Mountain Goats
Bad Religion
Kevin Devine

And new additions from the latest music hunt (experimental edition):

Minus the Bear (enjoying it so far)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs (a little too dancy for me but it's alright)
Why? (British band that blends folk music and some hip hop, which sounds like a horrible combination but it's actually quite good)
World Inferno/Friendship Society (saw them open a show once. entertaining but weird as hell)

Just downloaded

Love Sex Magic- Ciara F Justin Timmberlake
Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas
Oxygen- Jesse McCartney
Im In La Trick- LMFAO
Boombox- Kylie Minogue
Speed of Light- Corbin Bleu
Drum Life- Brandy
Get That Clear(Hold Up)- Brick & Lace

Jamie Foxx Feat T-pain - Blame it
Replay - Namco Sound Team (Rage Racer)
Finish Line - Namco Sound Team (Rage Racer)
Silver Stream - Namco Sound Team

Today is new music day on i Tunes, so I loaded up.

Day N Nite- Kid Cuti
Dead & Gone- TI Feat Justin Timberlake
Sensual Seduction- Snoop Dogg
When The Beat Drops- Jupiter Rising
Sunshine- Jesse McCartney
Jai Ho- The Pussycat Dolls
LoveGame- Lady Gaga

Gives You Hell- All American Rejects -Hope It Gives You HELL!!

Who the hell uses iTunes? I get my music from other sources, if you know what I mean ;). I usually download all my music as albums too. If I like a song from one artist, then the general rule of thumb is I will like almost all the songs from said artist. My latest download is Rammstein (all albums) and Tokio Hotel (the one English album, Scream).

The Parlor Mob - "And You Were a Crow"
B.B. King - "One Kind Favor"
Keep of Kalessin - "Kolossus"
Flo Rida - "Right Round"
The Black Dahlia Murder - "What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse" (heard it on the Saints Row 2 game)
T.I. - "Live Your Life"
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes"

Gives You Hell- All American Rejects -Hope It Gives You HELL!!
I have to add that one, too. Love it!

anyone who paid for Asher Roth, or whoever his name is spelled, needs to be kicked a few times in the ass. Why not record the song yourself with your computer mic? it's the same quality.

I saw the Kid Cudi and Chester French songs mentioned... those are fresh styles I am feeling.

[quote name='DestroVega']I saw the Kid Cudi and Chester French songs mentioned... those are fresh styles I am feeling.[/quote]

Dude, I totally forgot about Kid Cudi. I need to get that one tonight!

Cudi is nice. Definitely a chill vibe on the mixtape so get on it asap. I've been bumping a lot of Charles Hamilton, Blu, Insomniaks and Hiero at work as of late (though I adore Illy and Nic's work so they're always in my rotation). Oh, and Roth too. He's much nicer than I expected and "The Reading" or whatever the title was impressed me.

I seriously need to step my foreign game up though and download some new J-Artists. I can't recall when last I checked up on whether or not Mayumi Kojima or Scoobie Do dropped a new album. I also need to replenish my Eminem collection and import my Cowboy Bebop OSTs asap. ;(

Last album I played was Savage Circus' Dreamland Manor. I have an iphone, but I don't buy music on itunes. I prefer to have physical media, so I buy CDs and burn them to my library.

lol @ paying for mp3s.
lol @ mp3s being cheaper.

I'll take my better sounding, permanently backed up, can rip in any format I want, CD collection.

bread's done
Back