CBS Cares: Win a Colonoscopy! The Sorry State of our Health Care System

just from the tone of the commercial it sounds like a joke to me. i mean im sure a colonoscopy is included in the prize, but i think its a light-hearted contest.

if you want to discuss the state of us health care, this commericial really isnt a good vaulting point.

april fools? why would this have anything to do with april fools? its obviously a contest intended to make you laugh. the real prize is the trip to new york, though im sure theyll throw in the colonoscopy as well.

It might actually be more of an "awareness" contest. I mean, how many people actually know what a colonoscopy is, let alone get them when they should?

~HotShotX

Runner's up get a free prostate exam.

......anyone who's ever had one would rather take the mystery box. I had to get one for my flight physical (and I'm only 23). I thought I was going to say something humorous as it was happening....but no, when a 40 yr old man has his finger up your ass there's nothing to say.

Reality's Fringe;5562377 said:
Runner's up get a free prostate exam.

......anyone who's ever had one would rather take the mystery box. I had to get one for my flight physical (and I'm only 23). I thought I was going to say something humorous as it was happening....but no, when a 40 yr old man has his finger up your ass there's nothing to say.
"Do I just leave the money on the dresser?"

[quote name='homeland']Luckily they're saying that within a few years they won't have to do an anal probe to check the colon... Thank god![/QUOTE]

That sucks. Do you think they'll keep the anal probes around for those that like them?

[quote name='homeland']Luckily they're saying that within a few years they won't have to do an anal probe to check the colon... Thank god![/quote]

Unfortunately, if you see a polyp, you still have to biopsy it with a real colonoscope... Can't do that virtually...

...It's ironic, that I recommend colonoscopies to my patients... but it'll be a cold day in hell before I let some gastroenterologist stick a scope up my ass... :D ... I'll take my chances and stick to fecal occult blood testing when I'm older...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.[/QUOTE]

ya know... this would be great as a sig, other people would see it and, outside of the Vs regulars, not know the context.

Yeah, they give you enough Versed, so it's actually not that bad... I just don't trust other doctors all that much... ;)

Plus, with no family h/o colon cancer, I still have ~25 years to think about it...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ya know... this would be great as a sig, other people would see it and, outside of the Vs regulars, not know the context.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmm........... I'd be less tempted if she weren't a girl.:lol:

Reality's Fringe;5562377] I thought I was going to say something humorous as it was happening....but no said:
"So, how long have you been with your wife?"

"After this can we go shopping? :bouncy:"

"Mmmmm"

Need I go on?

[quote name='lilboo']"So, how long have you been with your wife?"

"After this can we go shopping? :bouncy:"

"Mmmmm"

Need I go on?[/QUOTE]

"What do you have planned for Sunday's sermon?"

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ya know... this would be great as a sig, other people would see it and, outside of the Vs regulars, not know the context.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Too choice. I'm pickin' it, but I may only leave it up there for a week.

[quote name='mykevermin']"What do you have planned for Sunday's sermon?"

Yep. Too choice. I'm pickin' it, but I may only leave it up there for a week.[/QUOTE]

You're too late. I had that shit FIRSt. Of course,I kept it in it's entirety, because out of context it sounds like she had one wacky,silly birthday party....

[quote name='mykevermin']"What do you have planned for Sunday's sermon?"

Yep. Too choice. I'm pickin' it, but I may only leave it up there for a week.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I appreciate it. :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Thanks, I appreciate it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

instead of suggesting it, i should have taken it for myself. oh well, maybe next time.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.[/quote]

I was awake for mine, which was about 10+ years ago. Now, I have heard they knock you out for it. It was one of the weirdest experiences I've ever had in my life.

The initial feeling of the scope going up there is just........:whistle2:#

It feels like you're going to evacuate the whole time and you have to stop the urge to jump off the table and scramble to find a bathroom.

Of course, nothing was better than the fact that they had me lying on my side and facing the monitor, so I got to see a tour of the inside of my colon.

It was actually quite fascinating and I would've probably enjoyed it more had it not been for that feeling of needing to take a massive one throughout.

Sorry for being so graphic, but pretty much that's the experience in a nutshell.

bread's done
Back