Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for $4.99 - Steam Weekend Deal - 75% Off

for $5, i don't care if it's the colonies edition. i've been wanting to play this game for a long time but didn't want to spend the money or bother renting when there are so many other great CURRENT games to play through. i believe this game also supports the 360 controller. so i can choose between M&K and the 360 controller. i get the best of both worlds.

Thanks OP and Steam!

Dont bother the game is a poor port...
runs just as bad as GTA4 does on the pc (both games are just sitting on my steam account not installed due that problem)

[quote name='Animefalcon']Dont bother the game is a poor port...
runs just as bad as GTA4 does on the pc (both games are just sitting on my steam account not installed due that problem)[/QUOTE]

Right on, thanks.

I can't beleive they wouldn't have the Colonies edition on Steam.... why not.... any word that they would update this edition to that... ?

If this is anywhere near as bad as the PS3 version, it's not even worth your $5. Heck, even if not for the miserable graphics on the PS3 version it'd have been a terrible game. Capcom really scraped the bottom of the barrel with this one, IMO. It did better than it should have--the opposite of games like Valkyria Chronicles.

(Don't get me wrong, I love Capcom as a whole)
Anyway, if you had been thinking you might like this game, be sure to take a second look before you jump on this.

I got this on clearance at Target months ago, and it installed right to Steam.

It runs fine on my 8800GT, but the one really strange thing about this port is that you can't save at checkpoints, only between levels, so if you don't plan on playing it for an hour at a time, don't bother.

If you die, you respawn correctly, but you cannot save.

im not sure about this version.. but the colonies edition has crossplay with xbox 360 gamers. That is hot! Plus I assume it has achievements and is live compatible

Wow, I've wanted this on my xbox for a while, but had many other multiplayer games. I have a nice computer now which I have gotten a few games on. This is a great deal, and I don't know why most of yhou are saying it's going to run bad on pc's. It's not that big of a requirement needed to play. I'm guessing you have older pc's than. I've looked at the requeirements for this game and the only thing that looks like it'll hold me back is my video card, but I'll just turn down the graphics a bit and it should be fine. Looks like a great deal for $5

Despite some of the negative comments, I decided to buy it, anyway.

$5 isn't a big loss for me, if it is that bad.

I got the Colonies edition for PC for $10 at CC Wednesday, so I'll pass.

if this isn't the Colonies edition, then it doesn't have the GFWL achievements and cross platform play.

[quote name='distgfx']For $5? I'm down, I've spent way more on worse games.[/QUOTE]

Which justifies spending more money on shit? :p

By the way..

I love the Avatar + Text combo. xD

[quote name='morphineseason']Does this have the windows live achievements since it's the Steam version?[/quote]

I don't think "Extreme Condition" has Achievements. Its just Games for Windows.

The "Colonies" version is Games for Windows Live and has Achievements.

[quote name='Esoteria']If this is anywhere near as bad as the PS3 version, it's not even worth your $5. Heck, even if not for the miserable graphics on the PS3 version it'd have been a terrible game. Capcom really scraped the bottom of the barrel with this one, IMO. It did better than it should have--the opposite of games like Valkyria Chronicles.

(Don't get me wrong, I love Capcom as a whole)
Anyway, if you had been thinking you might like this game, be sure to take a second look before you jump on this.[/quote]

I enjoyed the PS3 version. I felt the graphics looked just fine, I love the style that Capcom uses for this game and Monster Hunter titles. Gameplay was fine, though the online play is a waste.

I bought even though I have the reg 360 version. I don't know what you guys are talking about it running bad, I tried the demo on my laptop on medium settings and it ran around 30 fps. Any decent desktop should be able to run it fine. Good game for those of you that haven't played it.

best spray ever: a DDR dance pad. Some guy sprayed it on the ground and spent half the round dancing on it as an engy, even after the gates opened.

Slowly Downloading now. I played the 360 Version as a rental I liked it but never finished it.

I love Capcom, so for just $5 I can't refuse this. I have a great computer (with DX10) so it'll probably run fine. Downloading now.

Wow...mixed reviews for this game.

I picked this game up a year ago and it runs like butter on my machine (8800GT). The DX10 graphics really make this game look good. This is not my typical style of game but I would easily pay $5 for it if I didn't own it.

The save point deal is a bit lame but to compare it to GTA4 isn't close to being fair. GTA4 is a PC nightmare.

Does it still have Live support and Achievements like the retail GFW Live version or did the Steam lackeys manage to strip that out of the game?

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Does it still have Live support and Achievements like the retail GFW Live version or did the Steam lackeys manage to strip that out of the game?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you should hire some lackeys to read this thread. Then you'd know that the first Lost Planet for PC doesn't have Achievements.

Can someone recommend a cheap graphics card that I can put in my PC easy. I have PCI express slots. Dont think I have an AGP. I would have to open her up. Right now I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 series, and the games runs like a slide show.

Thanks

[quote name='maxgeek']I don't think "Extreme Condition" has Achievements. Its just Games for Windows.

The "Colonies" version is Games for Windows Live and has Achievements.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll probably wait for a deal on the Colonies version for either 360 or PC then. I just can't stand not having the "definitive version" of stuff.

don't waste 5 dollars on this save up to buy ur sweet heart those shoe shes been bugging u about ok really this game pissed me off cause of where u could save ugh

I'll be honest, I had "acquired" this game a while back and it ran like crap. So I never played it again till right now. For some reason I thought I try it again I mean its $5 that is as much as mag and I have to say I am really happy I got it. This game is fun to play and runs at a solid 40fps lowest it ever dipped was at 31fps.

So for people who are on the fence about this game just get it I mean its $5 dollars. How the frak can you beat that?

One more important thing and I ran into this problem trying to start the game I got an error message:

"Unsupported Function Err09"

It seems like there is an issue with wide screen monitors and this game. So if you get this message when trying to start the game change your desktop settings to 1024x768. I was then able to go into the game and change the settings to what ever your original monitor resolution was before. I exited and changed my desktop back to 1400x900. I can now enter the game, no problems.

[quote name='jamesbrown']don't waste 5 dollars on this save up to buy ur sweet heart those shoe shes been bugging u about ok really this game pissed me off cause of where u could save ugh[/quote]

lol what type of shoes are you buying your sweetheart for $5?? The cheapest my girl ever spent on shoes was $80 and that was on sale. So $5 for a game is pretty damn cheap there brother.

[quote name='Lethal Lottery']I would actually pay $5 to keep that game away from me.[/quote]
Same here. I played the 360 demo when it first came out and I thought it was horrible. I don't know why this game is so popular.

bread's done
Back