Photo
- - - - -

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for $4.99 - Steam Weekend Deal - 75% Off

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 Ixnay

Ixnay

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:49 AM

Slowly Downloading now. I played the 360 Version as a rental I liked it but never finished it.
Posted Image

#32 Lethal Lottery

Lethal Lottery

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

I would actually pay $5 to keep that game away from me.

#33 Vekou

Vekou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

I love Capcom, so for just $5 I can't refuse this. I have a great computer (with DX10) so it'll probably run fine. Downloading now.

#34 Boseafus

Boseafus

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:42 AM

Wow...mixed reviews for this game.

I picked this game up a year ago and it runs like butter on my machine (8800GT). The DX10 graphics really make this game look good. This is not my typical style of game but I would easily pay $5 for it if I didn't own it.

The save point deal is a bit lame but to compare it to GTA4 isn't close to being fair. GTA4 is a PC nightmare.

#35 sark45

sark45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

Yeah this isn't the colonies edition i am quite mad at that!

#36 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

Does it still have Live support and Achievements like the retail GFW Live version or did the Steam lackeys manage to strip that out of the game?

#37 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

Does it still have Live support and Achievements like the retail GFW Live version or did the Steam lackeys manage to strip that out of the game?

Perhaps you should hire some lackeys to read this thread. Then you'd know that the first Lost Planet for PC doesn't have Achievements.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#38 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:21 AM

I had fun with the 360 version and own that one. If this were Colonies Edition I'd prob grab it.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#39 djpookie2000

djpookie2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:51 AM

Can someone recommend a cheap graphics card that I can put in my PC easy. I have PCI express slots. Dont think I have an AGP. I would have to open her up. Right now I have an ATI Radeon HD 2400 series, and the games runs like a slide show.

Thanks

#40 maxgeek

maxgeek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:41 AM

9600GSO for $50 AR ($20).
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130437

For just under $100 get a AMD/ATI 4830.

#41 djpookie2000

djpookie2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:55 AM

For just under $100 get a AMD/ATI 4830.

Thanks for the reply, I will consider your suggestion.

#42 morphineseason

morphineseason

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

I don't think "Extreme Condition" has Achievements. Its just Games for Windows.

The "Colonies" version is Games for Windows Live and has Achievements.

Thanks. I'll probably wait for a deal on the Colonies version for either 360 or PC then. I just can't stand not having the "definitive version" of stuff.

#43 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:05 AM

Also note that this card comes with COD:World at War for free. You'd have a decent card that can play Lost Planet with ease, and another great game that you can play easily on the card. You could even just sell the game and make the card even cheaper.

#44 jamesbrown

jamesbrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:26 AM

don't waste 5 dollars on this save up to buy ur sweet heart those shoe shes been bugging u about ok really this game pissed me off cause of where u could save ugh

#45 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:13 AM

I'll be honest, I had "acquired" this game a while back and it ran like crap. So I never played it again till right now. For some reason I thought I try it again I mean its $5 that is as much as mag and I have to say I am really happy I got it. This game is fun to play and runs at a solid 40fps lowest it ever dipped was at 31fps.

So for people who are on the fence about this game just get it I mean its $5 dollars. How the frak can you beat that?

One more important thing and I ran into this problem trying to start the game I got an error message:

"Unsupported Function Err09"

It seems like there is an issue with wide screen monitors and this game. So if you get this message when trying to start the game change your desktop settings to 1024x768. I was then able to go into the game and change the settings to what ever your original monitor resolution was before. I exited and changed my desktop back to 1400x900. I can now enter the game, no problems.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#46 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

don't waste 5 dollars on this save up to buy ur sweet heart those shoe shes been bugging u about ok really this game pissed me off cause of where u could save ugh

lol what type of shoes are you buying your sweetheart for $5?? The cheapest my girl ever spent on shoes was $80 and that was on sale. So $5 for a game is pretty damn cheap there brother.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#47 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

I would actually pay $5 to keep that game away from me.

Same here. I played the 360 demo when it first came out and I thought it was horrible. I don't know why this game is so popular.
Posted Image

#48 Skooljester

Skooljester

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

It was hard not to buy it for $5, I picked it up. Hoping mass effect or bioshock will be $5 one of these weekends

#49 blacksanta87

blacksanta87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

i bought it
Pigtails are for face Fucking.

#50 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Still not sure why this site rarely warns you about these things...particularly given it's CAG...but

...The PC version of this not only has activation DRM (through Steam) it doesn't support offline mode. You HAVE to have an internet connection not just to install this, but to play it.

That said, $5 isn't bad for those restrictions

Regarding the game, I've only played the 360 demo so far, but I loved it. It's not a typical shooter (which is probably a good thing), but I thought it looked and played great. Not sure I'll like the full game when I get around to it, but the demo was really cool.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#51 jackdoe

jackdoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

Great deal. And even though I've heard horror stories about the performance of the game on the PC, it runs spectacular on my rig with all settings on high.

#52 jackdoe

jackdoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

Still not sure why this site rarely warns you about these things...particularly given it's CAG...but

...The PC version of this not only has activation DRM (through Steam) it doesn't support offline mode. You HAVE to have an internet connection not just to install this, but to play it.

That said, $5 isn't bad for those restrictions

Regarding the game, I've only played the 360 demo so far, but I loved it. It's not a typical shooter (which is probably a good thing), but I thought it looked and played great. Not sure I'll like the full game when I get around to it, but the demo was really cool.

Wow, that is kind of a given with the "Steam Weekend Deal". Also, while you need to be online to play it, you don't need a disk to play it, which is a trade I'm perfectly willing to make.

#53 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

News flash: Steam weekend deal requires users to have Steam.

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#54 duffman2k7

duffman2k7

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

Update: I finally got the purchase to work but now the game does not appear in my Steam games tab. How do I get it to do so?

Hey everybody, I am having a problem with steam. I want to buy this game using an American Express gift card, but my gift card gets rejected everytime I try, despite having more than enough money to cover the purchase. This has happened to me before, as the same gift card was rejected when I tried to buy STALKER: Clear Sky during a sale. The AMEX rep told me this was due to the fact that Steam was based in Europe and therefore I was making an international purchase, which the AMEX GC can't do. Now, this sounded fishy and when I contacted Steam, they eventually reset my account and I was able to use the AMEX GC to buy STALKER. Does anyone know how I can reset my account to buy the game, since I would like to take advantage of this deal?

#55 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

My only suggestion is to contact Steam billing and support. All of my VISA purchases have gone through over the years, so I can't be more helpful than that.

Playing:

#56 DrFoo

DrFoo

I think I can beat you.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:18 AM

Wow, that is kind of a given with the "Steam Weekend Deal". Also, while you need to be online to play it, you don't need a disk to play it, which is a trade I'm perfectly willing to make.

Well in most steam games you can play in offline mode if you just don't have internet access for a while. I've heard even if you lose your connection while playing this game it will crash. I bought the game anyways since I was thinking about getting it for 360 and $5 is the point where I just don't care anymore.

#57 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:24 AM

News flash: Steam weekend deal requires users to have Steam.

What?!?!?!?!?!!? You gotta be kidding me!

#58 vherub

vherub

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:28 AM

what? I don't know about drm, but it does support offline mode. My internet was out today, and I was able to play fine. And I just tested again moments ago in steam offline mode and turning off my router and it ran fine.

#59 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:55 AM

So is the full game as clunky as the demo? Supposedly you can change the mouse sensitivity. I averaged 30 FPS at med-high settings and 1920x1200, so the performance seems alright. But the controls are awful. I might as well play with oven mitts and lead weights attached to my wrists :p

Playing:

#60 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 02 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

So is the full game as clunky as the demo? Supposedly you can change the mouse sensitivity. I averaged 30 FPS at med-high settings and 1920x1200, so the performance seems alright. But the controls are awful. I might as well play with oven mitts and lead weights attached to my wrists :p

Yeah the controls take some getting used to even after you adjust the different sensitivity and movement zones.

Hey at least the game comes supported with mouse look unlike the RE4 PC port.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image