Cheap New 16GB iTouch

Sloshmaster

CAGiversary!
I am looking for a cheap iTouch that is 16GB, it doesn't matter if it is first or second gen. The deal an be from a private seller or just one you've come across, thanks for your help

You can buy a refurbished one at Apple's online store. Link.

I know you said you wanted a new one, but take a look at what Apple does before it sells a refurbished iPod. Link.

It is a first generation, but unless you care about crappy speakers so you can show youtube clips to your friends (plural), then a first gen is actually better because you can jailbreak it.

[quote name='jfinney_666']You can buy a refurbished one at Apple's online store. Link.

I know you said you wanted a new one, but take a look at what Apple does before it sells a refurbished iPod. Link.

It is a first generation, but unless you care about crappy speakers so you can show youtube clips to your friends (plural), then a first gen is actually better because you can jailbreak it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much of an expert you are on iTouches but do you think you could just tell me the main differences between a first or second gen iTouch?

2nd Gen itouch has a volume slider on the side built in external speaker (which is very quite imo). It also added support for Nike+. Other than that there isn't much differences. I personally bought a refurbished 16gb ipod Touch 1st gen from Apple store. And it was like BRAND NEW with all the plastic wraping, etc... The only different is the packaging. The refurbished itouch comes in a white box instead of a black box like the retail. But yeah I have had the ipod touch for almost half a year and nothing wrong with it at all.

First generation is fatter.

Best Buy last month was trying to get rid of the 16GB 1st gen, it was $230 new.

[quote name='luan87us']2nd Gen itouch has a volume slider on the side built in external speaker (which is very quite imo). It also added support for Nike+. Other than that there isn't much differences. I personally bought a refurbished 16gb ipod Touch 1st gen from Apple store. And it was like BRAND NEW with all the plastic wraping, etc... The only different is the packaging. The refurbished itouch comes in a white box instead of a black box like the retail. But yeah I have had the ipod touch for almost half a year and nothing wrong with it at all.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good option and it is $60 cheaper than any other i have seen thanks for the advice guys

[quote name='jfinney_666']You can buy a refurbished one at Apple's online store. Link.

It is a first generation, but unless you care about crappy speakers so you can show youtube clips to your friends (plural), then a first gen is actually better because you can jailbreak it.[/quote]

I've purchased iPods (Not a touch yet) that have been refurbished by Apple and if you placed them in a brand new case you would not be able to tell they're not. They do a great job..

why not get an iphone? more bang for your buck right? a touch ipod that can make calls for less money, unless you're not willing to have crappy AT&T coverage and pay extra $30 for data...(both deal breakers for me)

Go to Japan. They give you a free iPhone with contract, as its not doing very well over there.

Other than that, refurb is your best option.

Another difference between the 1st and 2nd generation iPod Touch is the fact the first generation has a weaker wifi.

The 2nd gen touch also has a faster CPU, improved battery life, and audio input capability.

IMO the differences were significant for me as I went for the 2nd gen, but it all depends on the price.

bread's done
Back