The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5198 replies to this topic

#3151 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

This has probably already been pointed out, but it at the BBVs near me, it looks like leftover new games from the previous clearance sale were converted to used games and now are part of this sale. Maybe it's only a couple stores, but I've seen plenty of Pokemon Mystery Dungeons and other familiar titles. I hadn't been in a BBV since that sale ended. Kinda wish I didn't blow all my credit back then.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#3152 dallow

dallow

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

What did you think about it? I was there yesterday afternoon. I really was impressed with their stock too.

Other than the fact that it had a ton of games, and game stations, it wasn't much different than a regular BBV.
I just like that visiting that 1 store felt like going to 3-4 regular stores to get stuff. :)

It's about 10-12 mins away, but the Colony traffic is a PAIN.

Also, don't buy all my stuff. 8-)

#3153 yedgee

yedgee

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

I traded in Singstar Vol 1 Bundle for $36 bucks to them right then and there. My total was $45+tax or something like that. I only paid $10+tax for the Singstar, and minus the trade in credit from the total, I paid BBV the extra $10. So in a way, I only really paid $20+tax for everything.

BBV gave you $36 for Singstar?!
Where are you located?
Has anyone else had this luck?

I have gone to two different BBV's to trade in:
Singstar Vol. 1 Bundle
Singstar Vol. 2 Bundle

Both said they do not trade in bundles. Both would not trade Singstar Vol. 1 game only. And both said they'd give $12 for Singstar Vol. 2 game only.
These are BBV's in Michigan.

I want the $36!!!!
Word.

#3154 dohmai

dohmai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

I went to the following ones:
-Santa Ana: Bristol & MacArthur, 17th & Tustin
-Fountain Valley: Brookhurst & Edinger
-Huntington Beach: Magnolia & Atlanta
-Costa Mesa: Harbor & Adams, 17th & Irvine
-Irvine: Alton & Jeffery, Alton & Culver
-Tustin: Jamboree & Irvine
-Garden Grove: Harbor & Garden Grove

The one on Harbor & Adams had a pretty good selection; can't remember what they had there exactly, but it was one of the only stores I saw GTA IV at and they had plenty of copies for both 360 and PS3. The ones on Magnolia & Atlanta (prices weren't updated, so I had to ask for a price check) and Harbor & Garden Grove also had reasonable collections. I think the ones on Brookhurst & Edinger and Bristol & MacArthur also had a decent collection, but I can't really remember too well.

thanks! i'll try and check some out later today

#3155 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:06 PM

I hit up a few of the BBV in lower Brooklyn NY. Not much left for the FN4 flipables.

#3156 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Where are you located?

Singstar Vol. 1 Bundle
Singstar Vol. 2 Bundle

Both said they do not trade in bundles. Both would not trade Singstar Vol. 1 game only. And both said they'd give $12 for Singstar Vol. 2 game only.

I want the $36!!!!

Technically, no corporate store should take bundles now after a memo that was sent out a month or two ago although it's YMMV as you may find an employee who doesn't know about the memo yet. They'll take either game in game only form, although there may be issue with no barcode being on the game box since it was in a bundle and some employees don't know how to ring it up if there's no barcode. Apparently, a recent change is that the system tells them how many of a game they can take in and your store may have had enough Singstar vol 1 so they wouldn't take any more.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3157 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

I traded in the bundle a few days ago for $36. I saw it yesterday on the shelf for $29.99.

#3158 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

Other than the fact that it had a ton of games, and game stations, it wasn't much different than a regular BBV.
I just like that visiting that 1 store felt like going to 3-4 regular stores to get stuff. :)

It's about 10-12 mins away, but the Colony traffic is a PAIN.

Also, don't buy all my stuff. 8-)

Well, it was really one of the last BBVs on my places to stop so I only picked up a few things from there. I didn't think that colony traffic was bad, but after travelling 635W and 75N out of Dallas... nothing seems bad anymore :/

#3159 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

My apologies in advance if this is a repeat, or in the wrong area. Short of calling every Blockbuster individually, I've been trying to figure out how to make sure stores are corporate stores, and therefore, have this B1G1 deal. Using the blockbuster.com store locator, it shows the five stores near me (in San Francisco) as all accepting the Total Access membership. My understanding is that all corporate stores accept Total Access, and some undisclosed number of franchise stores do as well. Is my reasoning correct, that all Total Access-stores are corporate? Or is there some other list I can see before schlepping my way to the various stores?
Thanks.

#3160 denshaotoko

denshaotoko

WoW Free Since 05/09

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Anyone seen resistance 1 at a BBV in Houston? I'd love to play this game but a mhaving zero luck finding it :/

#3161 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

I had bad luck....My BBV had Mercs 2 for PS3 but it was $24.99. So was GH:A PS3. The clerk even checked the prices and still. Fuck
Posted Image

#3162 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

I had bad luck....My BBV had Mercs 2 for PS3 but it was $24.99. So was GH:A PS3. The clerk even checked the prices and still. Fuck

Perhaps it was a franchise store?

#3163 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:37 PM

How would one know if their store is franchise? Is there an indicator online?

#3164 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:47 PM

How would one know if their store is franchise? Is there an indicator online?

I don't think there's any way to know unless you look at your receipt (it's supposed to say Franchise to something) or call your store directly and ask them if they are a franchise store.

#3165 io

io

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

Where are you located?

Singstar Vol. 1 Bundle
Singstar Vol. 2 Bundle

I want the $36!!!!

That is the way it is supposed to be (they don't accept games with accessories). But YMMV as many CAGs have done it recently. I didn't bother trying since it was the manager at my local store who told me of this new policy.

As for the whole franchise thing, it is hard to tell until you go. The only franchise store I've ever been too had a bizarre selection of games for sale and gave different trade-in values (though I was able to get credit on a normal Value card). And the receipt said it was a franchise store. This was all a couple of years ago though. Of course you could call and ask, but if you go in one way you can probably tell right away is to see if they have a sign up behind the counter naming the store manager and district manager. If there is a district manager listed, I'm pretty sure that means it is a corporate store.

#3166 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

that must have been a franchise. which one was it

#3167 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

I checked Blockbuster's online store locator to see what time they opened today, so I would know what time to go... it said they opened at 10 am. So I walked about a mile in ball-sweaty heat (I live in AZ) and arrived at Blockbuster... they were closed! In the front door it said they opened at Noon today! Horseturds! :cry:

So after, I went to a Mexican food restaurant close to my house and got a carne asada burrito and a soft drink for $4.49... they're having a special! ...and went home depressed. I didn't enjoy the burrito much, because I was bummed.... I just destroyed the burrito and shoved in my mouth. :cry:

I will be going back to Blockbuster in an hour... hopefully they have the crap I want, or I'll get pissed and start shaking babies!

#3168 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

Finally found a store that had the sale marked and ready to go. Had a few decent titles but I'm a budget and there were exactly 0 titles eligible for the FNR4 deal. I ended up getting Burnout Paradise and Soldier of Fortune: Payback on the 360 for $16.xx. Not a bad deal at all! :)
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#3169 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

I checked Blockbuster's online store locator to see what time they opened today, so I would know what time to go... it said they opened at 10 am. So I walked about a mile in ball-sweaty heat (I live in AZ) and arrived at Blockbuster... they were closed! In the front door it said they opened at Noon today! Horseturds! :cry:

So after, I went to a Mexican food restaurant close to my house and got a carne asada burrito and a soft drink for $4.49... they're having a special! ...and went home depressed. I didn't enjoy the burrito much, because I was bummed.... I just destroyed the burrito and shoved in my mouth. :cry:

I will be going back to Blockbuster in an hour... hopefully they have the crap I want, or I'll get pissed and start shaking babies!

Be careful because if the store opens at noon, it could be a franchise store, meaning it won't have the sale going on. What part of AZ might I ask?
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#3170 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

that must have been a franchise. which one was it

I live where no other human being has been before. Norwalk, CT <.<
So a franchise eh? That's a bummer :(
Posted Image

#3171 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Be careful because if the store opens at noon, it could be a franchise store, meaning it won't have the sale going on. What part of AZ might I ask?

I live in Peoria. The Blockbuster I went to is open at 10am everyday, except Wednesday... they open at Noon.

#3172 DoriftoShoes

DoriftoShoes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:09 PM

Cool...Picked up a few more games today and found a copy of Bioshock at a local BBV that I'll go pick up in a few hours...woohoo...

Here's what I got today...

:ps3: GTA IV
:ps3: Bioshock
:360: QOS
:360: QOS

I'll be using these to trade in towards FNR4 at GS....

#3173 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

I live in Peoria. The Blockbuster I went to is open at 10am everyday, except Wednesday... they open at Noon.

Ah ok. I live in Glendale (literally next door neighbors eh? lol!) and the two Blockbusters around me are franchises. I was going to check the one at 83rd and Deer Valley to see if they have the games for the FNR4 trade in deal but I'm lazy haha. I think I'll check some other stores in Phoenix today and tell you what I find. Are you looking for anything in particular? If so, I'll keep an eye out for ya and if I find them, I'll stash them away and let you know. I always like helping out a fellow CAG! :applause:
Currently Playing:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3174 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

I can say that these BBV are pretty much cleaned out...

West Hartford, CT, BBV past the West Hartford center
West Hartford, CT, BBV next to WestFarms mall
Bristol, CT, BBV in the Bristol Plaza next to Gamestop
Avon, CT, BBV just past Gamestop
Plainville, CT, BBV in downtown plainville

If anyone in CT is interested there are still games there, but nothing really to flip if you are looking to build up credit. If you are looking for games to add to your collection, than there may be something for you, but the pickings are pretty sparse.

Wooo

#3175 riccaboni

riccaboni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Where are you located?

Singstar Vol. 1 Bundle
Singstar Vol. 2 Bundle

I want the $36!!!!

I got the $36 at one in Jersey. BBVs are not supposed to accept Singstar 1 bundles anymore. When I traded my in, the clerk immediately bought it from BBV for $8 even though the store gave me $36 for it, lol. Oh well.

#3176 budz

budz

I like bananas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

If they have Bioshock around, I might get that and another game for my g/f

#3177 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

Ah ok. I live in Glendale (literally next door neighbors eh? lol!) and the two Blockbusters around me are franchises. I was going to check the one at 83rd and Deer Valley to see if they have the games for the FNR4 trade in deal but I'm lazy haha. I think I'll check some other stores in Phoenix today and tell you what I find. Are you looking for anything in particular? If so, I'll keep an eye out for ya and if I find them, I'll stash them away and let you know. I always like helping out a fellow CAG! :applause:

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a car! So I can only walk to the 83rd/W Peoria Ave Blockbuster :cry:
Im going to try to get Okami, Zack & Wiki, Bully and The Godfather. Im leaving to the store right now. I'll post what I get from Blockbuster, if anything.

#3178 au7oma7ic

au7oma7ic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

by the way, I did something really scummy...before I traded teh games to gamestop I kept some of the cases...only a few though.

I have (cases and manuals)

:ps3:

Folklore
Bioshock
GTA IV

:360:

Hulk
Condemned 2
007 Quantum of Solace
Iron Man
GTA IV
Battlefiled BC

:wii:

De Blob
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return

Wooo

#3179 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

by the way, I did something really scummy...before I traded teh games to gamestop I kept some of the cases...only a few though.

I have (cases and manuals)

:ps3:

Folklore
Bioshock
GTA IV

:360:

Hulk
Condemned 2
007 Quantum of Solace
Iron Man
GTA IV
Battlefiled BC

:wii:

De Blob
House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return

You didnt happen to get a bioshock slip cover in that?

I keep a lot of manuals/cover art myself if im trading into stores with DBag employees. :)

Speaking of which, I have a spare TWEWY manual if anybody missed one in their personal copy :)

#3180 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

I bought Tenchu Shadow Assassins at GS with my credit there, then stopped at another BBV today and traded it in for $15. I picked up Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party (DS) and Cranium Kabooki (Wii), for $9.99+tax of that credit, both complete. I'm going to trade in Cranium on my way home at another BBV, hopefully for $16 and hopefully without getting banned. :) I traded in two copies elsewhere in the past but that was months ago.