The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5198 replies to this topic

#3181 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a car! So I can only walk to the 83rd/W Peoria Ave Blockbuster :cry:
Im going to try to get Okami, Zack & Wiki, Bully and The Godfather. Im leaving to the store right now. I'll post what I get from Blockbuster, if anything.

Oh damn that sucks! Well, if it means anything, I haven't seen any of those titles at the 3 stores I went to. Hopefully your store has them!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#3182 supremebeanjw1

supremebeanjw1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

FYI for those that live near the Blockbuster in Laurel, Maryland: They're pretty much out of Xbox 360 games. I saw 2 copies of Condemned 2, GH: Aerosmtih, Mercs 2, and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
Retired FFXI junkie.

#3183 scarclone

scarclone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

I picked up:

2x GTA IV PS3
Folklore PS3
Bioshock PS3

All for $32.38

I traded in one GTA, Folklore and a game I already had for FNR4. Trying to decide between return FNR4 for store credit or keeping the game.

NOTE: One thing to know is that I asked the guy behind the counter if they would sell me rental copies of GTA and Folklore since they didn't have any in the bin, and he said that would be cool if they hadn't been rented in a while. Sure enough they hadn't so he went ahead and sold them to me. Even put them in PS3 game cases with the instruction books. So be sure to ask if you're striking out.

#3184 Unicorntard

Unicorntard

Cheapass PC gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Oh damn that sucks! Well, if it means anything, I haven't seen any of those titles at the 3 stores I went to. Hopefully your store has them!

I just got back from Blockbuster... they are having the sale! But... it was crap... if you're getting Wii games. Nothing that I wanted was there, all they had was Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for the Wii. I got the last copy of Nights for $6.99 and for my free game I got Guitar Hero: Aerosmith... pretty much had to because there wasn't much else. I also got some DVD's... The Dark Knight, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Wrestler. All 3 were $14.99 each, but because of the DVD sale... I got all 3 for $20 :). Im happy I got some movies, but I wish they had more games. :cry:

#3185 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

I picked up:

2x GTA IV PS3
Folklore PS3
Bioshock PS3

All for $32.38

I traded in one GTA, Folklore and a game I already had for FNR4. Trying to decide between return FNR4 for store credit or keeping the game.

NOTE: One thing to know is that I asked the guy behind the counter if they would sell me rental copies of GTA and Folklore since they didn't have any in the bin, and he said that would be cool if they hadn't been rented in a while. Sure enough they hadn't so he went ahead and sold them to me. Even put them in PS3 game cases with the instruction books. So be sure to ask if you're striking out.

That's a new one. Heck I have a BBV not sell me a used copy that was in the binder to sell because they didn't have the display box out.

#3186 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

What are some pretty good flips out there? I know De Blob wii and 007 QOS (360)seem pretty good are there any other that stick out that I might be overlooking? I pretty much know the obvious ones but are there any others that folks are stumbling upon?

#3187 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm interested in some of the games I have seen listed here. Will swing by a few BB's tonight. I will let you know what I find.

#3188 valo2027

valo2027

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

Blockbuster in scottsdale at chapparal had a ton of 360 wii and ps3
for ps3 they had wall-e fallout 3 GH:WT sega superstars tennis a bunch of DMC 4 to name a few
the employee didnt even know about the sale until I told him about the big buy 1 get 1 free sign outside with all the games
i got
9.99 Devil May Cry 4 Ps3
9.99 Monster Madness Ps3

For 10 bucks it was a sweet deal. Gonna see what else i can score

#3189 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

I bought Tenchu Shadow Assassins at GS with my credit there, then stopped at another BBV today and traded it in for $15. I picked up Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party (DS) and Cranium Kabooki (Wii), for $9.99+tax of that credit, both complete. I'm going to trade in Cranium on my way home at another BBV, hopefully for $16 and hopefully without getting banned. :) I traded in two copies elsewhere in the past but that was months ago.

Cue the morality police.

Picked up QoS and GTA 4 for 360. Is the Bourne game worth 7.50?
I'm attempting to sell some rarities:

-SCPH-1110 (aka sony ps1 flightstick)
-R4 box with Jogcon controller and t-shirt (JP)
-Earthbound, complete

#3190 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

Alright, here's my haul
Wii
Destroy All Humans Big Will Style
De Blob
House of the Dead 2 & 3
Pinball Hall of Fame
Wall-E
Okami
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

PS3
DMC 4
Untold Legends
Monster Madness
Unreal Tournament
Iron Man

DS
TWEWY
Brain Age 2

All for $75 +tax worth of credit. All were 9.99 games except de Blob & Destroy All Humans, which were 14.99

#3191 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

Cue the morality police.

Picked up QoS and GTA 4 for 360. Is the Bourne game worth 7.50?

Without a doubt it is worth that. I wouldn't have been upset paying $30 for it.

#3192 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

What's Blockbuster's return policy? Would I be able to return a PS3 controller without a receipt?

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#3193 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:08 PM

What's Blockbuster's return policy? Would I be able to return a PS3 controller without a receipt?

It should be, no receipt, hit the road. Unless you bought it recently, so a person might remember you or they could find it in the non member buying history(when someone just walks up with a couple of items for sale, but not to rent, this is what usually is used). If you bought it on your own account, as long as it was within a few months, you should be able to go back to that specific store and have them look it up as well.

But 99% of the time, if someone does not have a receipt, I can't do anything for them.

#3194 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

Okay cool, thanks for the info.

cavs1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifcle1-sm.gif
Now Playing

:360: FIFA 14

#3195 Worldcup08

Worldcup08

It can be hugs tiem pls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Man all I want is GTA IV and Bioshock but none of the places around here have them!

#3196 MoonSpoon

MoonSpoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

Well, I hit up 4 different blockbusters today in San Antonio. Basically, all the games listed in here were above the 14.99 price and anything below that sucked. I mean, NBA 2k7 for 14.99? What the hell. Also, no signs of the B1G1 sale, only saw B2G1.

Haven't bothered to read this whole thread, but can someone further explain the franchise/corporate thing? Is there a good chance I was just hitting up a bunch of franchise Blockbusters?

#3197 io

io

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

Well, I hit up 4 different blockbusters today in San Antonio. Basically, all the games listed in here were above the 14.99 price and anything below that sucked. I mean, NBA 2k7 for 14.99? What the hell. Also, no signs of the B1G1 sale, only saw B2G1.

Haven't bothered to read this whole thread, but can someone further explain the franchise/corporate thing? Is there a good chance I was just hitting up a bunch of franchise Blockbusters?

Could be they were franchise stores. Or it could just be that they didn't retag things and forgot to put up the B1G1 signage. I went to a few stores yesterday that didn't have the signage up, but for the most part things were correctly tagged (though I found a few $14.99 things still marked $19.99). There haven't been any huge price drops any time recently so chances are things will be correctly tagged even if they are slow. That indicates to me your stores were probably franchises. Like I said a few posts back (last page), look at the sign above checkout - if it says the name of a store manager and district manager then it is most likely a corporate store. If that isn't there, then maybe it is a franchise. Just ask though.

#3198 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

if you got it there it should be linked to your account even without the recpet
WOOOO I STINK

#3199 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

so the only games that qualify for the fight night deal at GS are GTA and Bioshock from this sale?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3200 Chocolatejas

Chocolatejas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

Folkore, QoS and Spiderman Web of Shadows.

Scored Bioshock and GTA IV today. Already got Bioshock but I am using it to get FN4.
PS3 80GB | 19 games | Wii | 7 games | PSP | 7 games | 49 BR | PSN ID: Chocolatejas

Posted Image

#3201 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Total bust at all 3 of my GameRush stores. The only thing worth trading in that was available was 007. I don't think GameStop would take 3 copies of the same gaem ;)

#3202 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

I grabbed...

wall-e - 360 - 14.99
fight night round 3 - 360 - 14.99

the club - 260 - 9.99
fracture - 360 - 9.99

harry potter and the order - 360 - 9.99
table tennis - 360 - 6.99

All around a nice haul.

#3203 billsdead

billsdead

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

total bust in Long Beach and Huntington beach, eventually ran in to a guy with a plastic bin attached to a dolly, entering the last blockbuster, closing his trunk I spied 3 other bins full of games purchased earlier that day, I'd seen hoarding before but this a-hole took it to a new level. for christ's sake I just wanted to pick up a ninja gaiden..oh well. Good times

#3204 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Went to several other BBs and picked up

:360: Spiderman Web of Shadows X2
:360: DMC 4
:ps3: Lego Batman
:ds: TWEYY
:wii:Okami

:360: SPiderman Web of Shadows
:360: QOS
:ds: Ninjatown
:wii: Okami

I think I'm done, did the flipping I needed to do. There's like 4 more stores I haven't hit yet, but well see. Surprisingly, all of the stores I went to had no Bioshock or plenty of QOS like some have stated.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#3205 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

Haven't seen this one mentioned, but I saw 2 copies for sale marked at this price today:

360 Dead Rising 14.99
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#3206 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

got QOS and GTA 4 today, time to find some more to dump into blockbuster!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3207 Mahavali

Mahavali

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:10 PM

I checked the maitland fl store, everything was gone, got some hoarders in central fl

#3208 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

Well, I went to the store closest to me and to my surprise they actually had some titles but not much. They also had all the games on a table together.

I picked up:
Spiderman: Web of Shadows Xbox 360 (The only copy they had) $14.99
TNA Impact! PS3 $14.99

TNA was the only thing decent I saw outside of Fracture PS3 but I will probably give TNA to my nephew after I play it for a little while. I will be able to hit up a few more stores tomorrow so I hope they have some stuff to trade towards the Fight Night 4 deal since I have Folklore already to go with Web of Shadows.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#3209 Shaq-Funaki

Shaq-Funaki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

went to the blockbuster in Gardena, CA looking for GTA 4 and Bioshock but all they had was crap

Please check out my YouTube video game channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaqfunaki

#3210 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:23 PM

I will check again tomorrow. I think I saw ONE copy of Spiderman, but it was marked $29.99. If I can get that, 007 and maybe somethign else....FNR4 will be mine :)