The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5198 replies to this topic

#5191 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Looking thru the holiday guide there doesn't appear to be a b1g1 anytime before the end of the year. Of course that could change but they list all the different promotions we have going on from week to week and there was no mention of it at all.

#5192 hallowicious

hallowicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

I believe they had a DVD sale that started on Black Friday last year, but I'm not sure about a B1G1 for games.

#5193 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Found a goldmine at my local BBV. They had the new $9.99 POGS. Call of Duty: World at War, GTA4, Fear and so on. Picked up World at War.

#5194 io

io

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

Looking thru the holiday guide there doesn't appear to be a b1g1 anytime before the end of the year. Of course that could change but they list all the different promotions we have going on from week to week and there was no mention of it at all.

Bah, that sucks...

#5195 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

My store had a bunch picked up

Watchmen $9
Hannah Montana $9 (4 the kids, not me)
Motorstorm PR $24

tried to talk them into B2g1, but nogo.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5196 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:30 AM

Anyone know why my region of the country (South Florida) does not get these generic games in ever? Everyone within 70-100 miles of my location did not see these at their stores while people in other parts of the state and from pretty much every area of the country seems to get these $9.99 games in. This is the same every time Blockbuster has one of these sales.

#5197 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:38 AM

They rarely have these at my local stores too, Rozz. I don't know if it's just that people grab the crap outta the POG's or not. But I find more than enough deals to make up for missing out on some disc only trade fodder, which is the only thing I'd probably use these games for anyway since I'm anal retentive and like disc, artwork and manual plus an original PS3 case.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5198 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

Anyone know why my region of the country (South Florida) does not get these generic games in ever? Everyone within 70-100 miles of my location did not see these at their stores while people in other parts of the state and from pretty much every area of the country seems to get these $9.99 games in. This is the same every time Blockbuster has one of these sales.

In my district the same 4 stores are the only ones to ever get prepacks in for some reason. I don't know why this is or if this trend is anywhere else but 2 busy stores, 1 moderate store and 1 low volume store always get these in and nobody else in the district does.

#5199 io

io

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

Cheapy said this thread had gotten too big and it was time for a new one:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=242715