The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5198 replies to this topic

#181 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

dys006 - What you listed there are the BBV -> GS flips. We know about those (for the most part). What is it you got 1.5x for going from GS -> BBV though? I'd still be interested in that if it was an easy enough thing to do and I was headed to GS anyway (which I almost surely will be soon).

Maybe I exaggerated to make my point that I want people to keep reporting information. AitD: INFERNO, Zoids Assault were 1.4s last weekend, AitD (360) was passable to match with Cranium then too. Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda was a 1.5 the week before. (assuming you have easygoing BBV or affordable color printing, I did three of them)

I guess there's not very much anymore. Hopefully we'll all keep an eye out, and things will come along. In the new BBV values system, Every item I've seen trades in for 40% of it's sale price. So that's a good rule of thumb to figure them out without always having to ask. Cranium excepted of course. :lol:

#182 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

Oh man. I went on vacation at work and decided to do the same from CAG-- I suffered greatly at the Target clearance thread. I had about 50 pages to go through (still working on that) But, since March 4th, there has only been seven pages made here. :rofl: Blockbuster sucks. I'm glad I don't have a whole lot of credit tied up with them (but then again, maybe I want some credit, for a future B1G1 sale if they still manage to exist by that time)
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#183 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

What's even worse is that I recently moved, and went back to my local Blockbuster to cash out with Blockbuster gift cards... and they said the manager told them that you can't cash out credit that way. And this was last week! They basically told me I could only get a gift card when I trade in new games, the existing credit had to be spent at that store.

I'm hoping they were mistaken and that they meant this other new policy.

#184 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Gamestop just raised their TIV for Super Smash Brothers Brawl to $25. After 40% and Edge it comes to 37.50. Its $30 used at BB so anyone wanting to transfer credit could use SSBB.

Yeah but you need a whopping 5 more games to get the extra 40%.

#185 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Gamestop just raised their TIV for Super Smash Brothers Brawl to $25. After 40% and Edge it comes to 37.50. Its $30 used at BB so anyone wanting to transfer credit could use SSBB.

did you price check that SSBB? At mine, the price showed $29.99, but rang up at $19.99. So I bought 2. Also got the last 2 GTA IV @ 14.99.
Posted Image

#186 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

RIP great TIVs.......

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#187 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

I think the only thing that we have to look forward to with Blockbuster is their going out of business sale.

#188 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:56 AM

Last one to leave, turn out the lights.

#189 bswavey

bswavey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:58 AM

Anyone know if BB is going to get the DSi? I've called 3 stores and the employees all said " what is it again?" I need to finish off my $150.00 credit once and for all. Their stores are SO dead.

#190 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:31 AM

my wallet is a lot thinner nowadays. No more multiple value cards. :)

#191 Dolemite1

Dolemite1

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:50 AM

I don't understand why some of you want Blockbuster to go out of business? Even if you don't dhop there, at least its another option when it comes to buying games. Less compition is not a good thing. I work there once a week just to get the free movies, and them closing does not help anybody.

#192 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use a Blockbuster Gift Card online? I'm trying to buy MLB 09, but all my local BB's are out of stock. So I'm hoping I can put the credit that I have on my card onto the website, and then order the game like that.

Any help would be appreciated.

#193 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:25 AM

I don't understand why some of you want Blockbuster to go out of business? Even if you don't dhop there, at least its another option when it comes to buying games. Less compition is not a good thing. I work there once a week just to get the free movies, and them closing does not help anybody.

I totally agree here. Also, it's just another depressing reminder of the current state of our economy.

#194 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

Okay, I found the page where you can upload a gift card into an online order, but every time I check balance it says "Please Enter Valid Gift Card" and shows I have a 0 dollar balance, even though I just got it reloaded yesterday and I know for a fact, based off the receipt, there's money on it.

Anyone got any help for me?

#195 Quintox

Quintox

Chicken Chaser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:26 AM

I like BBV, the one I go to is awesome, people are really cool. I'd hate for it to go out of business.

#196 nlyonssmith

nlyonssmith

Long time lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:55 AM

Congratulations BBV on making yourself even more useless. Can't wait till you close down!

Blockbuster got an time extension on its line of credit until September 2010. This basically means that they wont be bankrupt until then.

I personally would not like to see them go because I've never been in a well run HWV/GameCrazy. I'm a frequent RedBox renter (yay for free codes) but the other day when I went to return my movies, I was informed that the machine was full. Well that's f'ing great, now I have to rent 2 more movies to turn these two in. Additionally, RedBox doesn't get all the new releases and I've still gone to Blockbuster to find these.

I think they are trying to turn things around. We'll see if they can do it before their creditors come a calling.

#197 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

You're talking to ones who drove them out of business....:twisted:

#198 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Okay, I found the page where you can upload a gift card into an online order, but every time I check balance it says "Please Enter Valid Gift Card" and shows I have a 0 dollar balance, even though I just got it reloaded yesterday and I know for a fact, based off the receipt, there's money on it.

Anyone got any help for me?

are you using a value card or gift card? Value cards won't work online (can't even check balance). Gift cards you can, but only the ones that start with certain numbers. On the page that you're accessing (I'm too lazy to look it up) it states that you must have a gift card that starts (or ends) with a certain 4 digit combination or higher. I'm guessing you either have a vlue card or your gift card number is too low.
Posted Image

#199 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

I completely agree that having less options is never a good thing, but at this point, I think calling BBV an "option" is a bit of a stretch. The reason for wanting them to go out of business is so the rest of the world can see what a horrible, failed business model they were.

Now, I'm not blaming them for adjusting their policies regarding TIVs...you do what you have to do. But to make changes like that and STILL expect yourself to be relevant is asinine. My honest expectation was for BBV to get out of the video game market entirely. But then we kept getting all these reports of how BBV was wanting to become an aggressive player in the gaming market. Do they think THIS is how to accomplish that?

As others have said, making your TIVs similar to Gamestop? Fine. But give us SOME kind of incentive to step foot in your store. Coupons, sales (real ones), promotions, reliable pre-order service, better selection, competent employees...SOMETHING. To me, BBV has relegated itself to being about as useful as my local K-Mart. Is that what they're striving for? haha. It's a sad day, but the truth is BBV has no idea how to sell video games. How much of an "option" can you honestly say they are.

#200 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

How much of an "option" can you honestly say they are.

During a B1G1 sale, they've been a great option for me. Sure it's only once or twice a year, but I'd much rather have that than see them fail.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#201 JGON85

JGON85

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

I still have about 200$ tied up in value cards. But do they still have the visa cards? I went to artesia/western store and all they had was macys cards. I need some clothes so I'm looking for those cards. If anybody in the south bay finds them pls let me know

#202 asthmatic

asthmatic

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

I like BBV, the one I go to is awesome, people are really cool. I'd hate for it to go out of business.

Same here, one of the managers even warned me when the district manager was concerned about my activity. I would hate to see him lose his job because i doubt managers make tons of money, but i know his family would still suffer greatly from a loss.

I dont think they really want to see them go out. I just think we are still bitter because they totally screwed up our side jobs.

#203 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

To me, BBV has relegated itself to being about as useful as my local K-Mart

Have you checked the K-Mart clearance? Go to the thread, it is useful

#204 Plastics

Plastics

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

Warner1281, yeah I checked to make sure my number was high enough and it is. So I don't know what the deal is. I'm going to go into a store today and make them check it, just so I know it's kosher.

But it could be a value card. Could you explain the difference? The card I have you can reload trade value onto it, and it does start with the four letters that are needed on the website. So I'm a bit confused.

Thanks.

EDIT: On the back of the card it says "Reloadable Gift Card."

Damn. I hope they didn't mess up my credit and somehow take it OFF the card instead of put it on.

#205 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:13 AM

During a B1G1 sale, they've been a great option for me. Sure it's only once or twice a year, but I'd much rather have that than see them fail.

Well, I hate to be all doom and gloom, but the operative phrase in your statement is "they've been". Unfortunately, we haven't had a B1G1 since the TIV switch, but one can only assume that with less product coming in, there will be less available for a B1G1 (which at this point, it's even an assumption that they'll continue to have them). Of course there will be rental conversions, but there seem to be so many inconsistencies between what stores carry what now (io - LotR: Conquest comes to mind), who knows how fruitful that will be. At this point, we're all just guessing.

Have you checked the K-Mart clearance? Go to the thread, it is useful

As for this, yeah..I've read the K-Mart clearance thread. I did say "my local K-Mart" though. Half the stuff in that thread I can never find. You guys who are able to find tons of games that employees don't either snatch up themselves or allow to just sit on the shelf till they're marked down to $2.97, blow my mind. Target clearance is the same way for me. I can't ever find any of the good stuff. BBV was all I had..and they broke my heart. So, like anyone love scorned, I look forward to dancing on their ashes, hahaha. OK, that may be a little melodramatic, but you get the idea. ;)

#206 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:25 AM

Out of spite. I would've much preferred CC stay in business. Atleast, they had pretty good deals on clearance games. I just can't seem to spend actual cash at BBV. I still have $8.xx in credit and don't want to use it because I would have to actually spend cash. It's a decision based on principle.

I'm really just griping. I really don't care if BBV goes out of business since I don't have a use for them anymore (besides a B2G1 sale :D).

I still have about 200$ tied up in value cards. But do they still have the visa cards? I went to artesia/western store and all they had was macys cards. I need some clothes so I'm looking for those cards. If anybody in the south bay finds them pls let me know

BBV stopped selling Vanilla Visa cards a long time ago. Atleast, you couldn't buy them using store credit. Since I haven't been in a BBV since January, I wouldn't know for sure if they brought them back. Try the BBV on Redondo Beach and Hawthorne for GCs other than Macy's. Last time I checked, they had all the types of GCs. The Gardena BBV has always sucked as far as their stock goes.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#207 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:52 AM

If anyone cares: Iron Man for the 360 still gets $9 base at Gamestop (picked one up for $10 during the clearance...)

#208 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:02 AM

I could really use a b2g1 sale at BBV to build up some more GS credit now.
Down to $42x.xx in GS credit.

#209 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:54 AM

If anyone cares: Iron Man for the 360 still gets $9 base at Gamestop (picked one up for $10 during the clearance...)

The regular used price at BBV is $14.99, which I just noticed today. It was the first time I was in a BBV in a while. I felt like a jilted ex-lover, hoping to see their used-game selection suffering because I no longer trade there, but I was surprised at how well-stocked they were. Plus much of the newer used stuff was $5 to $10 less than GS. If only they started running regular promotions/coupons like GS ...
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#210 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Not sure if this is all BBV or just my local ones, I actually saw two of them running this, but if you buy a New game you can pick up any left off art frames that you normally get for pre ordering a game. While most of the art ones were ugly I was able to grab a Guitar Hero one and a RE:5 one.