Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XXI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5198 replies to this topic

#211 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

Not sure if this is all BBV or just my local ones, I actually saw two of them running this, but if you buy a New game you can pick up any left off art frames that you normally get for pre ordering a game. While most of the art ones were ugly I was able to grab a Guitar Hero one and a RE:5 one.

They just give those to me when I ask for them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#212 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

Haha, I just checked my BB receipt from June 08, and it's 1 3/4" thick.

#213 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

Most Blockbusters around me are running some variant of that promo.

One was really strict and it needed to be two NEW games and you get one framed art. At another I picked up a couple $9.99s from the used bin and she let me have three of the Vault Boy sticker sets and a couple of framed prints.

#214 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

Warner1281, yeah I checked to make sure my number was high enough and it is. So I don't know what the deal is. I'm going to go into a store today and make them check it, just so I know it's kosher.

But it could be a value card. Could you explain the difference? The card I have you can reload trade value onto it, and it does start with the four letters that are needed on the website. So I'm a bit confused.

Thanks.

EDIT: On the back of the card it says "Reloadable Gift Card."

Damn. I hope they didn't mess up my credit and somehow take it OFF the card instead of put it on.

The value cards say "Value Card" on the front and are yellow and blue on the front. The gift cards are the ones that you see for sale at the front counters. So if what you have is something you normally see when you go in to buy a gift card, then I'm not sure what the issue is. If its a value card, then you can't check the balance (nor use it) online.
Posted Image

#215 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

http://www.homemedia...ockbuster-15096

On a day the Dow Jones soared nearly 500 points, shares of the Dallas-based No. 1 DVD rental service March 23 fell about 11% as investors continued to question whether Blockbuster Inc. can survive the current economic tsunami.

Generating about $1.4 billion in revenue in 90 days apparently doesn’t carry much clout anymore — especially if you are considered a 1980s retail icon seen by some as past its prime.

While investors cite the usual suspects — declining DVD sales and the emergence of digital streaming — a growing chorus of concern emerged of late when scuttlebutt suggested Blockbuster would struggle to pay off a $200 million maturing credit revolver and/or find a replacement source of funds.

Edward Woo, analyst with Wedbush Morgan Securities, which covers Blockbuster, said the market’s attitude toward Blockbuster didn’t appear to emulate the optimism surrounding March 23 reports of positive home sales and the Treasury Department’s banking plans.

In last week’s financial call, CEO Jim Keyes appeared to underscore those concerns when he said Blockbuster’s ambitious transformation from rental pure play to all-in-one entertainment retailer would have to be borne more on the backs of third-party partners than internal financing.

When the company announced it had secured through 2010 an amended revolver with J.P. Morgan and others, Pali Capital analyst Stacey Widlitz estimated Blockbuster had now saddled itself with $305 million in debt obligations in 2010, with monthly revolver payments starting in January 2010.

Indeed, the interest rate on the new revolver is below previous estimates, but a monthly payment of $25 million is due in December this year, followed by $20 million payments January to March, $10 million in April, $15 million in May, and $10 million in July and August.

They all pale in comparison to the $50 million payment due in June 2010, according to a regulatory filing.

“The terms of the agreement put [Blockbuster] on a short leash in terms of running the business,” Widlitz said in a note.

What appeared lost in the rush to scrutinize the new funding was that Blockbuster actually reported $80 million in profit in the most recent quarter, after eliminating the $435 million write-down of “impairment goodwill and other long-lived assets.” It also generated more than $152 million in operating cash flow, compared with a $56 million cash burn during the same period a year ago.

Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter admitted the terms of the new line of credit were “pretty tough,” but he said people were jumping to the conclusion Blockbuster is desperate.

“They're not, and they are trying to get this out of the way to move on,” he said. “They will access the [revolver] only as a backstop … but the market doesn't like it.”
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#216 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

Wow. Up to page 5 already on the new thread? Then again, I couldn't even find it for the last week and I'd been looking for it to see if any good flipping possibilities showed up.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#217 vike105

vike105

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:56 PM

lol, this seems like an investor thread more than a flippin thread now. Sell Sell Sell!!!!

#218 milmanias

milmanias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

What a sad thread this has become :( . I picked up Legends of Wrestlemania today; really surprised it didn't come out on Friday.

#219 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

What a sad thread this has become :( . I picked up Legends of Wrestlemania today; really surprised it didn't come out on Friday.

Hope u didnt pay full price for the that turd.:bouncy:
Posted Image

#220 arrness

arrness

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

Just went to the local Lake Oswego, OR Blockbuster and noticed this deal.

Sounds really good to me.

#221 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

It's been $15 used since like December.

#222 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

It's been $15 used since like December.

I was just coming here to say that.

#223 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

You found one still in stock? lucky.

#224 Amrejynex

Amrejynex

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:01 AM

I would have jumped into this if it was for 360...
15+20ish for the DC... good deal

#225 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:09 AM

I would have jumped into this if it was for 360...
15+20ish for the DC... good deal

Same price for the Xbox 360 version.

#226 dys006

dys006

Doesn't play games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

It's for both. If you can still find a Blockbuster that has them in stock. Or get lucky and they are converting additional rentals.

I actually know one store by me that still has some, but they're disc only, so I'm waiting for another B1G1 sale.

#227 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:16 AM

This is still a great deal, though it has been around for a while. I took advantage when it was B1G1 for games $14.99 and less.

#228 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

This is still a great deal, though it has been around for a while. I took advantage when it was B1G1 for games $14.99 and less.

Any chance of the B1G1 coming back? Hell, the B2G1 would suffice as well.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#229 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

Good thing there's no Blockbuster thread this could go in.

The sad thing is, at this point, that's ALMOST tragically true...

#230 cartwright1688

cartwright1688

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:24 AM

In Honolulu, they are selling it new for $15.

#231 milmanias

milmanias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

I really liked the demo. Only played 2 matches yesterday but I know I'll get my money's worth out of this one. I paid in credit, so full price at BBV is half price anywhere else. Plus, I actually bought Showdown for the xbox when it came out and compared to that, this game is a gem.

#232 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

It's for both. If you can still find a Blockbuster that has them in stock. Or get lucky and they are converting additional rentals.

I actually know one store by me that still has some, but they're disc only, so I'm waiting for another B1G1 sale.

I'm sure people will still trade it in once in awhile.

#233 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

So a question for some of you...

I have over $180 at GS and don't really need any games as I have over 80 for 360 and 50+ have never been played. Before BB dropped TIVs I had been saving up for a PS3, but then that was fudged due to the TIV drops. Any one have any thoughts on whether the new DSi will be a good profit on eBay or Craigslist after they release?
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#234 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

Any chance of the B1G1 coming back? Hell, the B2G1 would suffice as well.

No word yet. I check the BBV thread almost daily for news of this, as there a bunch of games at local stores I've had my eye on.

#235 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

I'm wondering the same thing, I know they went into short supply in Japan, but not impossible to find. I have 5 on preorder (2 for my kids), and I was hoping to sell the others to pay for the first two, but by all indications I think supply will be good. I have not heard of GS cutting off preorders, and the release is next week. It's 170$, 40$ over the regular DS and no games are being released initially that are DSi exclusives, so the only real advantage is the browser. It sells like hot cakes in Japan, but lets face it, thats not a sure fire indication of how it will sell in the U.S during an economic downturn and especially not during the xmas rush. So I'm most likely only going to pick up the two and pass on the rest. I'm actually going to buy from GameCrazy as they are giving 90$ for traded in DS's used towards the DSi preorder.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#236 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

Alright thanks stoned... I think I will just play it by ear.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#237 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

So a question for some of you...

I have over $180 at GS and don't really need any games as I have over 80 for 360 and 50+ have never been played. Before BB dropped TIVs I had been saving up for a PS3, but then that was fudged due to the TIV drops. Any one have any thoughts on whether the new DSi will be a good profit on eBay or Craigslist after they release?

My general feeling is no. There are a couple of promos going on out there and enough promotion that retailers should have plenty on hand. Now some colors may sell out (dunno which ones) but I really doubt there are going to be hoards of people trying to get their hands on the DSi. Informally, most of the DSL owners don't seem to want/need to upgrade especially us CAGs who still use their GBA slots. Also there are tons of stock on the DSLs plus the economy sucks right now.

#238 arrness

arrness

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Just called my local Blockbuster for some Trade-in-values

all ps3

skate -6
Battlefield bad company-6
lost planet-6
resistance:FoM-6
they dont take warhawk
cod5 - 25

#239 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

In Honolulu, they are selling it new for $15.

Which BBV?

#240 io

io

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:58 PM

Just went to the local Lake Oswego, OR Blockbuster and noticed this deal.

Sounds really good to me.

Um, yeah, very old news that used to be in the thread title for the BBV thread (I assume this was a new thread you made and another mod merged it here).

Anyway, I'm surprised you found any though I suppose they could have done additional conversions since December. I still have a nice minty-fresh PS3 copy I got from one of the BBVs around there. By the way, that is my territory there (though the outer fringe of it) so be careful ;). Oh wait, never mind since BBV doesn't have decent trade-in values or deals any more...

But for the rest of you, when I used to talk about the "rich area high traffic" BBV that should have had things like the Mario figures and LOTR: Conquest, etc, but didn't, this was the store I was talking about. This was also my last-chance outlet for trading back a year+ ago when I was banned from all my local stores. This is also the store that I kept calling (and probably annoying them to death) about the $9.99 disc-only games. Even though they probably have the highest sales in the region they never got any (along with all the stores from this district as far as I could tell). Otherwise, though, it is a pretty good store not that it matters much any more.