Amazon Starts Video Game Trade-Ins - Get 10% Off a Future Gaming Purchase

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#301 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

Leave it to another thread to blow up into a GS hatefest, lol.

Anyway, I will say this: I did get a gutted copy of a game once while there, but it was really the last one they had -- the employee checked the back for like 5 minutes to look for a truly new copy. After that search, I felt like it wasn't a huge deal and made the purchase; the disc was pristine and all was included. Overall I have good experiences at GS and feel bad for those that don't.

I usually go there first for games due to the fact they will have games on release date and usually offer some good pre-order bonuses in addition to all the used deals. That and the fact one is literally less than 5 minutes from my house, location is everything huh?

On topic though, I am happy to see the quick turnaround on you guys that are sending things to Amazon. I might have to try out this service in the future when I got a couple games that have a pretty good value attached.

#302 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Bruce you know you can't judge a whole national chain on one idiot associate right ? There are BAD APPLES at ANY national corporate retail store.;) If Gamestop Corporate found out about that guy saying that out loud, I bet he'd lose his job.

And Jackasses you say, they tend to be found at quite a few different places as well...

I never suggested you can judge a company by one employee. But let's face it, mine is not the only such story. You're gonna run into this a lot at GameStop, more so than you would at other retail chains, because they tend to hire young.

#303 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

FYI - not sure if this was mentioned yet but I did two separate trade in's and I have received two different 10% off codes. I did not know they would send multiple discount codes. Plus these codes were sent only a day after credit was applied.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#304 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

To be fair mate, I think this is usual practice.

Actually, the terms say it's limited to one per household.

#305 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

stupid amazon trade in, you need to have a TiV of over $10 to be able to request credit. And I just got NHL Hitz 03. For $2 its not even worth returning.

#306 knightimages

knightimages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

I received my discount code a day after my credit for the games. I could have used it yesterday. Oh well. Still pretty quick.