Photo
- - - - -

Playfire Automatic PS3 Trophies Now Live!!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

I can sign in to eu.playstation.com but when I try to transfer my account info its saying my email address and password are incorrect which is bull. So I click forgot password hioping they email me info but I never get an email. WTF!!

Do you actually have an account with the EU playstation site? If not, there's nothing to merge with, so pick the new account option and it'll give you an account on the EU site for your UK PSN account.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#32 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

It allows me to log in at the EU site but then wants me to transfer info. This is where I run in to problems.

#33 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

You all are having problems because PlayFire is getting this information without Sony's conscent. SCEE is looking into what PlayFire is doing and will be shutting that aspect down.

PlayFire is pretty much abusing the system Sony has placed up at the moment and making things harder for people to get stuff in the future like an official api.

I suggest staying away from the auto-update cards as they will not work in a few days when Sony fixes the exploit that PlayFire is doing.

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

That's if you had an existing account on their site, which isn't the same as entering your PSN login info. It's the same thing that the US site did so that you could merge your existing account with your PSN account, but if you didn't have an account for the site before, there's nothing to merge with your PSN account. Just click on the new account option and move on.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#35 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

alright, thanks frisky. I believe I tried that before and it said I couldn't use my email address. I'll give it a shot, thank you.

#36 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

You all are having problems because PlayFire is getting this information without Sony's conscent. SCEE is looking into what PlayFire is doing and will be shutting that aspect down.

PlayFire is pretty much abusing the system Sony has placed up at the moment and making things harder for people to get stuff in the future like an official api.

I suggest staying away from the auto-update cards as they will not work in a few days when Sony fixes the exploit that PlayFire is doing.

Where did you hear that? Neither the Sony card or Playfire's card seems to auto-update.

#37 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

I don't think this is true. PlayFire has something on their site recently stating that they were working with Sony to make the auto cards.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 Breakpoint

Breakpoint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

thats where PlayFire is tricking you, they never stated they are working with Sony. They got an exclusive announcement from Sony in exchange to take down their first version of auto-updating cards. Now PlayFire is going against Sony's will once more. Trust me this will not make Sony happy.

Sony has no partners and are doing the trophy cards themselves right now. They may release something in the future, but if they do it will not be exclusive to one place like PlayFire.

I have recieved this word directly from Sony. PlayFire is only making matters worse for the games who want cards that auto-update.

#39 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

thats where PlayFire is tricking you, they never stated they are working with Sony. They got an exclusive announcement from Sony in exchange to take down their first version of auto-updating cards. Now PlayFire is going against Sony's will once more. Trust me this will not make Sony happy.

Sony has no partners and are doing the trophy cards themselves right now. They may release something in the future, but if they do it will not be exclusive to one place like PlayFire.

I have recieved this word directly from Sony. PlayFire is only making matters worse for the games who want cards that auto-update.

where exactly are you getting this info from??

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#40 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

I was finally able to get this to work. Do these cards "automatically" take a very, very long time to update. I played Battlefield like two days ago and got a couple trophies today. When does the "automatic" part kick in?

#41 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

I'm pretty sure you need to update them yourselves. For me to get the Playfire card updated, I need to go to the "My Portable ID" tab on my account at the EU PlayStation site and hit update, then I need to go to Playfire to forcefully update.

#42 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

Your absolutely right hostile, thanks for the tip. It's better than what we had before but its still not totally automatic if you have to go to two sites to update your card. I'll take it though, this beats manually updating every trophy.

#43 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Okay, Playfire seems to update automatically now (although it takes awhile) but there's something odd with either the EU site or Playfire because my most recent game/most recent game I achieved a trophy in is not working properly.

#44 shadowrep

shadowrep

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

hmm the cards dont update... that quickly

#45 Hostile

Hostile

Dark Evangel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Anyone found a better alternative? I'm looking at PS3 Trophy Card right now...

#46 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

I did this like a week ago even though I have a US account. Works fine for me as you can see right below.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#47 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

Anyone found a better alternative? I'm looking at PS3 Trophy Card right now...

Thanks, Hostile. I decided to try the one in your link. I couldn't get the playfire one to work for at leat a couple of weeks now.

Edit: I decided to try the playfire one again, after I got this one from ps3throphycard working and now it the playfire one does work. But it did not show my trophy I got last night in Fallout 3, where the ps3throphycard one did. And the theme seems to change based off of the types of trophies you have or have at least earned as of late.

Edited by js1, 28 March 2009 - 11:00 PM.

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#48 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

I finally got the playfire card to work. Guess it may have just taken some time for the information to begin feeding over from the EU site for whatever reason. I did nothing different then all of a sudden it started working and I was able to make one.
Posted Image

#49 Amerijapoxicano

Amerijapoxicano

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

I got playfire working just now. Didn't seem too bad. I just got some trophies on Noby Noby Boy and they don't show up, but that's not really expected. Can't expect it to update instantaneously. Hope to see this updating itself soon.
If I have to go online to update it every so often, no big deal. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the tips, guys.