Resident Evil 5 $79.99 and $53.99 at NewEgg FREE SHIPPING

Ordered.. this is the best deal for me so far- missed out on the Buy.com one (and Buy.com sucks) and DD charges tax where I live...

Thanks OP.

I'm surprised that Amazon still hasn't bothered lowering the price considering so many other online retailers are dropping the price.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']360 is already on backorder....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you can still put it in your cart and check out. I'm sure newegg will fulfill your order for that price.

Picked up the PS3 standard! Anyone else find the price-point for the collector's ridiculous given the junk it comes with?

I'd have to agree on the "Collectors Crap".....$20 bucks extra is one thing,...but $30? If they had given that usb drive, then MAYBE.....; )~

Does Newegg charge before they ship? I just ordered RE5 and received an automated email from Newegg that my "payment had been charged". I think this means they are just verifing my payment method is valid, unless they plan to ship this out tomorrow.

Anyone know?

i got charged for the ps3 ce edition as well, and i checked my order and it said it shipped...? did they really ship it? im sure its a possibility because i know some stores get them before the 13th?

I ordered.mine here and they charged my cc right away.

Has anyone gotten their packages before the official release date on some other games.

Omg. I just looked at the order status and it says 'shipped' I might get it a day before or on the same day as the release date

I'd bite, but DHL takes forever to deliver to me, even when the product is shipped from the state next to me.

[quote name='Commy']I'd bite, but DHL takes forever to deliver to me, even when the product is shipped from the state next to me.[/QUOTE]

I can contest to DHL being the worst delivery service. And am still sad to hear they are in business. I had hoped I'd never have to deal with them again, since I heard they were gonna stop domestic shipping. Cruel how fate has now intertwined my beloved Resident Evil 5 with the scourge of the shipping universe. CURSE YOU WORLD!

All of you guys saying it shipped, did you pick egg saver shipping? If so FCK Yeah, free shipping and since it seems Newegg is in CA It'll usually come next day. Amazon, I was holding out hoping you would price match. Too bad, too bad.

[quote name='sigtheman']All of you guys saying it shipped, did you pick egg saver shipping? If so FCK Yeah, free shipping and since it seems Newegg is in CA It'll usually come next day. Amazon, I was holding out hoping you would price match. Too bad, too bad.[/quote]

i used the free shipping, there's an option for rushed, $3 more, but i didn't click that.

[quote name='sigtheman']All of you guys saying it shipped, did you pick egg saver shipping? If so FCK Yeah, free shipping and since it seems Newegg is in CA It'll usually come next day. Amazon, I was holding out hoping you would price match. Too bad, too bad.[/quote]

On Amazon, it's already SOLD OUT at $90.

i got my shipping, it was picked by DHL up last night 1 mile away from my house and now its in carson (40 miles away)

sigh

I just ordered it now too, collectors edition for $ 15 dollars more sounded more appealing. Taxes at toys r us would have put the game at 65.01. I hope the egg shipping is fast.

[quote name='Jav0r']I just ordered it now too, collectors edition for $ 15 dollars more sounded more appealing. Taxes at toys r us would have put the game at 65.01. I hope the egg shipping is fast.[/quote]

Plus then you have to go back and deal with them again to get 20 off something. I figure I could buy that game online 10 to 15 cheaper anyway, saving 12 on RE 5 here, 27 $ beats 20$ off coupon which depends on TRU.

[quote name='SuperJedi']On Amazon, it's already SOLD OUT at $90.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was my best guess. They had so many pre-orders at that price that they basically gave the middle finger to price matching. Oh well, Newegg charged me already. That sucker better be shipping soon.

it is shipped via DHL Global but then passed over to the USPS for actual delivery. DHL local went out of business and DESERVED to go out of business.

They could never find my home address. I don't even live in the boonies! Suburban, but I come up on all GPS and google maps etc. They actually had to send someone to drop a package from frys to me on their way home. Awful, worst customer service EVER. Took a package more than 5 days after it's "scheduled" delivery date to reach me. Lord knows how they will fare on the soley GLOBAL scale.

That being said, I ordered Killzone 2 and Halo Wars last week from newegg and got the package from CA in 4 days.

Personally, I am just gonna go to bestbuy and do a pricematch to the TRU offer this week. much better deal if you don't have to drive much.

I am not sure if I should cancel Deepdiscount and just get it from newegg. I don't need it release day, but you guys think DD will come through?

[quote name='Serpentor']i used the free shipping, there's an option for rushed, $3 more, but i didn't click that.[/QUOTE]

Most of the order shipped within 1 business, don't waste $3 on rush.

If you want it faster, spend the $2.99 on UPS 3 Day service, since NE is extremely efficient at shipping to begin with

Here is my opinion on the value of the CE stuff.

Tin Box - $5
Patch - $3
Behind The Scenes DVD - $2
Action Figure - $4
Necklace - $4
Messenger Bag - $5 (Maybe more, but I am not really need anymore Messenger bags. It will definitely cost more if sold Separately)

Total $23 Value.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Here is my opinion on the value of the CE stuff.

Tin Box - $5
Patch - $3
Action Figure - $4
Necklace - $4
Messenger Bag - $5 (Maybe more, but I am not really need anymore Messenger bags. It will definitely cost more if sold Separately)

Total $23 Value.[/quote]

you forgot to include nerd value.

i checked my status on re5 order.

and looks like that re5 orders in particular is in location of memphis tn. so if you live near by, pretty good chance you get it before the 13th

[quote name='Gainer']I am not sure if I should cancel Deepdiscount and just get it from newegg. I don't need it release day, but you guys think DD will come through?[/quote]

oh yeah, you'll get the game from DD, no worries there mate. If you use ebates.com, it's actually cheaper from newegg and faster too :)

[quote name='SuperJedi']Here is my opinion on the value of the CE stuff.

Tin Box - $5
Patch - $3
Action Figure - $4
Necklace - $4

Total $23 Value.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's too bad to hear... especially the figure, I was hoping it was worth $10 at least.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Does anyone know if Newegg will ship the CE in a box or a bubble envelope?[/quote]

I believe it's too big to fit in any bubble mailers. It should come in a box, but no promises.

Bit for the 360 Collector's Edition. $89 price point was making me iffy, but the $79 price puts it on the same level as any other CE game. Thanks, OP.

Got it, thanks CAG. With ebates.com and bigcrumbs.com I got about an extra 4% off, so $52 total, instead of Gamestop's $64+ with tax. Saved $12, and might get it early!

[quote name='sliknik27']I believe it's too big to fit in any bubble mailers. It should come in a box, but no promises.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop did this to my SF4 collector's edition, and the box was crash.

Wow, thanks for posting you saved me money! I really want that collectors edition- but amazon charged me $97 bux for it! Its because they charge tax in NY which sucks, but heres Newegg to save the day! awesome!

bread's done
Back