Photo
- - - - -

Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

• Please log in to reply
1727 replies to this topic

#1 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.

Edited by bg2001, 13 July 2009 - 10:14 PM.
added bestbuy icon

#2 Fount

Fount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Finally!
The BEST Gaming Deal Twitters:
CAG - http://www.twitter.com/videogamedeals
BankruptGamer - http://www.twitter.com/bankruptgamer

#3 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

Hopefully this will clear up the clutter with all these people posting individual Best Buy YMMV threads.

Also, Best Buy will sometimes put items on a store-wide clearance (it will be in the system as a clearance item and ring up for the correct clearance price at the register, not requiring an override) but each store may have a different price on the item. A good example of this was Ninja Reflex for the Wii which stores had varying in price from $5.99 to $17.99.

#4 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

OP- I responded to your other thread requesting someone make an official BB thread before I saw this thread. Hopefully, other CAGs actually post their YMMV BB deals here instead of making a new thread. I doubt it will happen but it's worth a try.

Atleast, when someone does start another thread, we can direct them to this one.

Thanks.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#5 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

Found it on clearance today for 50.49 (instruments are PS3 compatible). Picked up a used PS3 copy of the game for 12.99 @ Gamestop (weekly used deal) as well so total before tax was 63.48. Not too shabby.

ach.png

#6 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

Nice idea but someone needs to maintain a post with all the deals listed like the clearance threads, otherwise, it would just be a mess.

ach.png

#7 Guidrage

Guidrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I also work for Best Buy at this time I have seen price drops but not much in the clearance.

#8 dave07

dave07

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

Nice idea but someone needs to maintain a post with all the deals listed like the clearance threads, otherwise, it would just be a mess.

I agree completely. If OP can update the first post every so often it would work out great.

#9 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

I agree completely. If OP can update the first post every so often it would work out great.

I disagree. Best Buy clearances are usually done on a store by store basis. It would be way too much work to have the OP updated with the clearances going on at individual Best Buys across the country.

Now if he wants to update the OP with those items that are on the nationwide clearance schedule, then that would make sense. The only problem with that is it may be hard to tell which ones are individual store clearances and which ones are nationwide clearance items when they are posted.

I would suggest following the Wal-Mart YMMV thread as an example of how this thread should be done.

#10 zas123

zas123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

I believe this has already been posted somewhere, like on page 3, in the sunday ad deal but it isn't easy enought to find so I think it should be stickied or have its own thread.

Basically we all know TRU has their ad where you buy the game on Friday or Saturday only (can pre-order it and get the same deal) and get a $20 gift card. To those loyal to TRU, great.

To the CAGers who are on a budget and in college, goto Best Buy and their price matching policy just deducts the gift card from the actual purchase price so it comes out to around $40. Not sure if they do the additonal 10% off or not with this tho.
Here is their policy:
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1118843518460

can just print it off as proof, as the CSA I talked to tried to hook me up w/ a giftcard too, but the manager was okay with adjusting the price after I showed them this.. however they wouldn't let me pay in full (the $40 price) until friday so I just did a preorder to insure they wouldn't run out and my evil plan would be foiled...

#11 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

Normally I would say this is not a deal cause price matches are common knowledge, but I didnt know Best Buy had a rule specifically on price matching gift cards. I might have to do this as I dont care about a gift card at Toys R Us.

#12 thepik241

thepik241

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:53 AM

Is there a scan of the Toys R Us Ad available?
Goats Eating Clocks

#13 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

Yes but the print out is too small, just use the capture screen.

#14 stikmanrp

stikmanrp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

You know, I've tried matching gift card deals in the past at differnt best buys and, I've always been told that they cannot match them because they are "bundle" deals. Good find on the rules page OP, now I can print it out as proof!
Good things don't end in "eum", then end in "mania"...and "teria" - Homer Simpson

#15 zas123

zas123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

Is there a scan of the Toys R Us Ad available?

+$1.50 for an ad from the sunday paper.. or you can try a college campus they sometimes have free newspapers there.. or neighbor lol..

#16 Arkanos

Arkanos

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

While this works most of the time, I would still mark this thread as YMMV. I have been shot down in flames at two separate BBs here in Phoenix, when Toys R Us has had these similar deals in the past. It's pretty much up to the discretion of who is managing the store.

#17 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

for goodness sakes this is now the umpteenth thread with this info ... mods please close ...

#18 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:03 AM

Actually, this might not work:

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

So basically its saying if the gift card and the game is less than what Best Buy is selling, they'll price match. Game + Gift card = $60. I dont think this will work.

#19 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

Guess i will be getting RE5 and some reward points at best buy
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#20 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:16 AM

It worked for me, when I showed the Pricematch FAQ to CSR and I scored on QoS PS3 Game for $45 after $15 off Giftcard as a pricematch.

#21 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

They did this for me with Killzone 2, which was pretty nice. They were kinda hesitant about it though.

As a former BBY employee I didn't even know this was a policy. Pretty sweet. Sounds like I'm marching into Best Buy on Friday with an ad and copy of the policy to guarantee a price match.

#22 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

The BB in Annapolis MD is 3 minutes from the TRU, I'll hit up BB and if they don't give me the deal I'll just settle for TRU gift card. Rather have the cash off though.

Here's Best Buy's policy for those too lazy to click:

How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a promotional offer such as a free gift card or rebate?
The Best Buy net purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all instant and mail-in discounts such as rebates, free offers and promotional gift cards. Existing rebates and free offers associated with a product purchased at Best Buy will not apply if a price match is executed.

...So this should work. How would we get the TRU ad to get them to price match it though? Is it in the Sunday ads from today?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Even though it is in print at the BB website, it will be tough for me to actually find someone in-store to
1. Know the policy and
2. Willing to honor the price match.

#24 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

right about this.....this thread should be modded with the failure of PM

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#25 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

Even if you can argue with them about their policy, it's still very YMVV. Many will get turned down just because they can. Don't really think this deserves its own thread on the front page, but I'm not a mod.

#26 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

i'm going to be maintaining it - asking cheapyd for permissions needed to merge threads into this one. the op will be updated with basic summaries of the deals.

#27 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

It is totally YMMV and not a deal.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#28 Fount

Fount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

I will try this
The BEST Gaming Deal Twitters:
CAG - http://www.twitter.com/videogamedeals
BankruptGamer - http://www.twitter.com/bankruptgamer

#29 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

I didn't know that was their policy. I am going to have to try this on Friday.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#30 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

Even if you can argue with them about their policy, it's still very YMVV. Many will get turned down just because they can. Don't really think this deserves its own thread on the front page, but I'm not a mod.

Agree with this 100%. Over the summer I bought the MGS4 bundle from BB, and tried to get them to match the local Wal-Mart promotion of $100 gift card with any blu-ray player. They claimed they wouldn't match it because they were out of stock at the time I tried to buy.

Of course they weren't, I called Wal-Mart while wandering around BB and they said they were still in stock, the douchebag manager just didn't want to price match.

Fuck these B&M stores, their interaction with customers fucking sucks.