Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

He was like that the whole night...

"Oh Come on! Just get him! You Guys let him get away"
"Oh Come on Heal Me! Somone get me up! How could you let me Die!"
"AGDJHJFHSAJSGSHGAFGSKGFSK Oh Come on! I hate this game!"

:p I did stop saving him after round 5 because he just kept blaming everyone for everything. But He was the only one I could really hear all night.

I never really heard him complaining. But alot of the time I would be hanging back to stop the enemy from delivering the speaker or guarding a capture point. So I spent atleast 2 or 3 round hanging back. And when I was around with allies it was usal pretty chatioc...

I also don't like any sound quality out of mics on a PS3. I have the official Sony one but I still have such a hard time making out what others are saying. Wonder how the Turtle Beach X4s are.

I own the official PS3 headset as well and I can hear most people fine. There always seem to be one or two people I have trouble hearing. But I guessing it could be a problem on their end.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#92 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

I own the official PS3 headset as well and I can hear most people fine. There always seem to be one or two people I have trouble hearing. But I guessing it could be a problem on their end.

I hear it, I just hear to much I guess. When ever I mute my mic it annoys me because the constant beeping is so loud and about every 10 seconds. I would factor that into why no people don't mute there Mics. The PS3 mics just may not cancel out background noise to well.
Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#93 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

Agreed!

I could not understand what most people were saying. I heard people I helped up say "Why Thank you" but I only new it was directed at me because I just had picked them up. I kind of wish squad chatter was locked to your squad only. Like you said to much garbage.

I also don't like any sound quality out of mics on a PS3. I have the official Sony one but I still have such a hard time making out what others are saying. Wonder how the Turtle Beach X4s are.

It honestly varies by game, since voice chat is handled by each dev individually (It's not like 360 where voice chat code is already provided, developers have to write their own on PS3). Most games that come from SCEE (like MotorStorm: PR, KZ2, LBP, etc.) tend to not have very good voice chat, while games that come from SCEA usually (like R2, Warhawk (as long as a good headset is used that doesn't pick up tons of noise), and so on) have very good voice chat. The game we were in was a tad laggy, which hurts a little too. Sometimes, like for games by Namco Bandai, they are designed around Japanese internet speed, which leads to weird voice chat or more lag in NA.

Also, to have the best voicechat quality on PS3, you usually have to some port forwarding/open the dmz on the local IP your PS3 is set to (or else voice communication may be limited). Especially if someone has a Type 3 NAT, their voice may sound fuzzed up.

I hear it, I just hear to much I guess. When ever I mute my mic it annoys me because the constant beeping is so loud and about every 10 seconds. I would factor that into why no people don't mute there Mics. The PS3 mics just may not cancel out background noise to well.

I'd roughly say a small percentage of mics used on PS3 have a mute button, and some bluetooth headsets pick up a lot of background noise. That is why I recommend most people keep their TV down.

Edited by The Mana Knight, 16 March 2009 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#94 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:41 AM

Pretty interesting website integration this game has, most notably the battle replay. Here's the match on Salamun Market.

http://killzone.com/...file_id=1816558

Posted Image

#95 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:27 AM

dude, you called for Medic like every 5 seconds, and were hostile about it. did you ever thank anyone that risked thier own life and limb to heal you?

Yes, I did, and I do, but in the later rounds when I wasn't calling for a medic (when you weren't there) right as I was pressing the X button to respawn someone just came over and respawns me when I have no ammo and a long time before a Bot or a Turret could be built.

That's where I was getting frustrated, and it didn't just happen to me, either.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#96 darkd75

darkd75

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:05 AM

It was great fun playing with you guys over the weekend. Can't wait for the next game night!

Posted Image

Posted Image

:bomb::hot::drool::cold::bouncy::applause:

#97 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

do one for tonight! March 19.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#98 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

sorry guys, can't make Sunday night this week...I have a Dr.'s appointment

#99 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Gotta go see Dr. Asshole again eh? Should provide a great story on the next cagcast.

#100 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

What's tonight's game??? RS: Vegas 2 or COD4 I hope.

Posted Image

#101 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

with Cheapy unavail I think we will have to cancel tonight's gameage, also I have to bathe the dog.

#102 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

oooooooooooooooooooo cmoooonnnn. the first time i can... and games i have are possiblities... dammit wombat...

Posted Image

#103 Joe Sparxxx

Joe Sparxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

that sux oh well theres always next weekend.

#104 goldeneagle

goldeneagle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Hey guys, are we doing a CAG Game night? Wombat, are you back from FL yet? Hope we can do it tonight! This will be the first one I have been able to make.
Golden Eagle 05, Xbox Live
USMAlum05, Playstation Network

#105 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

No I think Wombat is back on Wed, I would say we are not having a game tonight

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#106 goldeneagle

goldeneagle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

Thanks kube00 for the update on Wombat. Know of anyone else that plans on getting together tonight for some gaming? We should get something going for tonight.
Golden Eagle 05, Xbox Live
USMAlum05, Playstation Network

#107 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

I think it would be cool to have sort of an unofficial game night. If anyone is up for COD4, RS: Vegas 2, or Shadowrun, hit me up on LIVE.

Posted Image

#108 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Sorry, we were going to do a game night tonight, but I have to take Tai to the Dr. (again).

#109 Chibi_Kaji

Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

That sucks, I was looking forward to it since I missed the CAGnight on Thursday.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#110 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:50 AM

so we doing this next weekend?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#111 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

We have to do something this week since i finally have a sunday off of work! ME ME ME ME ME as wombat says!
Insert clever line here......

#112 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:46 AM

So what the dillyyo for tonight?

#113 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:21 AM

Lame Sauce!

#114 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

Wombat = FAIL

#115 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

lol... we definitely need to get a game going this weekend...

Posted Image

#116 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

i vants cagcast

#117 Xrazor

Xrazor

AmericanPie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:19 PM

Wombat! You have to update us on the next Gamenight.

While you decide what game it will be, I will hope that it is something I have.

1943? Fat Princess? more Killzone 2?

Hint:I have a PS3...
Posted Image
www.twitter.com/BeastFX - My Opinions:bomb: