XBLA - Peggle - 800pts - Peggle Nights DLC 400pts Now Available

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Experience the ball-bouncing, peg-busting phenomenon sweeping the globe, now on Xbox LIVE® Arcade!Do you have what it takes to become a Peggle™ master? Conquer dozens of levels with 10 different characters, each with a unique special power. Face off against two to four friends in multiplayer play over Xbox LIVE®, and test your skills with the Grand Master Challenges. Take your best shot!

• Game modes: Enjoy multiple game modes like Adventure and Quick Play.
  • Multiple challenges: Play through more than 55 levels and 75 challenges, using 10 Peggle Masters with unique abilities.
  • Multiplayer: Join with friends for 2-4 way multiplayer over Xbox LIVE plus local multiplayer, co-op, and party game modes.
This one also comes out on PopCap Arcade Vol. 2 on 3/25.
200599b.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Arcade-Hi..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236616675&sr=8-2

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to try out the demo first. Peggle on pc is awesome. Peggle on the DS not so awesome.

Thanks for the notice on PopCap Arcade Vol. 2. I'd much rather get 3 games for $20 and save my points for Rock Band!

I'm interested to see how well this works on a large display. The ball is tiny on the PC version, so I'm hoping that the graphics scale up some.

My wife loves Peggle and $10 is a good price for this...but we just got Peggle DS last week. The fact that she can play it anywhere will probably trump the fact that it is on a larger screen with better graphics.

I also have to disagree with TC's assessment that the DS version is not too hot. It is Peggle on the DS, it works fine and is fun. Should it have been $30? Hell no. But it is still a good version of Peggle.

I'm really looking forward to trying this out. Never played Peggle in any form, so this will be my introduction to the phenomenon.

Glad to see it's 800 points. At this point, that alone compels me to want to pick it up. :lol:

Been reallly looking forward to this even though I already own it on PC and iPod. Multiplayer Peggle online will rock.

AH wait, I think I downloaded this on steam a while back (it was free) quite a cool little game. I may give this a shot on xbox live.

Edit: The music in that trailer is so dramatic haha.

My niece and nephews play the ever loving shit out of this game. Like 3 hour marathons can happen easily, if people stop paying attention to how long they are sitting in front of it.

I'll get this version for them.

Oh man, online peggle for the win lol. I have Peggle Nights on my laptop and just wanted to let anyone know if you have that one they came out with free limited time offer for their spring levels right now.

Great game, can't wait! I bought it when it was on sale for cheap on Steam, but I never boot my MacBook Pro into Windows so I never get to play it.

Just got home from work about a half-hour ago, and the demo is downloading right now. Can't wait.

Edit: Yeah, I'm pretty much hooked. I can see I'm going to be losing a lot of hours to this. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IGN also reviewed Peggle XBLA.

I'm gonna download the demo in a bit even though I'm pretty sure I'm gonna purchase the damn game as soon as I played a round of Peggle.

Awesome. Bought. I have honestly never gotten around to playing the flash game. Man was I missing out, this game is fun as hell.

I was disappointed that this doesn't use the triggers for fine-tuning my aim, but I see that you have to use it with the left analog stick in the control screen. I'd rather just being able to tap the left trigger to nudge the aim left and right trigger to nudge it right.

I'll be buying it a little later anyways. They did a good job on this version of the game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I was disappointed that this doesn't use the triggers for fine-tuning my aim, but I see that you have to use it with the left analog stick in the control screen. I'd rather just being able to tap the left trigger to nudge the aim left and right trigger to nudge it right.

I'll be buying it a little later anyways. They did a good job on this version of the game.[/quote]

However, you can use the digital pad to nudge a single click left or right.

The triggers are pressure sensitive buttons, so it'd probably be kinda imprecise.

As for me... I still would prefer a perfect Bust-a-Move 2 Port with enhancements XD But this does look quite worth getting with the Pop Cap Arcade Vol. 2 collection... I think I can wait till then ^_^

[quote name='SAB-CA']However, you can use the digital pad to nudge a single click left or right.

The triggers are pressure sensitive buttons, so it'd probably be kinda imprecise.

As for me... I still would prefer a perfect Bust-a-Move 2 Port with enhancements XD But this does look quite worth getting with the Pop Cap Arcade Vol. 2 collection... I think I can wait till then ^_^[/quote]
D-pad didn't do anything for me. I'd like it to use the full range of the triggers so I can press one down hard to sweep across the screen or tap it to nudge it.

If I didn't have this on the PC and DS, I'd totally get this. If anyone hasn't played this game, DO NOT miss out on Peggle.

Great game. I do wish there was an option to have a cursor mode instead of just moving right and left. More PCish.... and easier to aim.

The achievements do seem a bit annoying to get but I wont worry about those just yet. Fun game:)

QUESTION:

I have this on PC (It was free one time on steam) so I downloaded and its a great little game. I downloaded the trial and its also great seems like another hit for the arcade just should I bother buying if I already have it? Seems kind of pointless.

I don't even play the pc version I have (not because the game is bad, I don't really game on my pc apart from the odd game of CSS or DoD).

Are the any new features, levels etc that'll make it worth the purchase thanks. Just I have both UNO rush and Outrun coming up soon.

I guess this is kind of a stupid question, but will Popcap Arcade Hits, vol 2 allow the games to be installed to the hard drive, or are they only playable from the disc? How did it work with vol. 1?

I know it seems kind of silly, but I'm torn between buying Peggle from Marketplace and buying the collection. I want Peggle and Heavy Weapon, but not Feeding Frenzy 2 that much. The cheapass in me wants to get the collection, but I don't think I'll ever play it if I have to actually put the disc in the drive, since it's just a casual game, after all.

[quote name='_heretic']I guess this is kind of a stupid question, but will Popcap Arcade Hits, vol 2 allow the games to be installed to the hard drive, or are they only playable from the disc? How did it work with vol. 1?

I know it seems kind of silly, but I'm torn between buying Peggle from Marketplace and buying the collection. I want Peggle and Heavy Weapon, but not Feeding Frenzy 2 that much. The cheapass in me wants to get the collection, but I don't think I'll ever play it if I have to actually put the disc in the drive, since it's just a casual game, after all.[/QUOTE]

Disc-based arcade games are exclusively on-disc. They don't install to the hard drive. This actually turns out to be a bigger deal than I originally thought. It's such a hassle to break out a disc to play a casual game for 10-15 minutes that I never use either of my two Arcade discs I already own. In your case, I'd recommend getting the downloadable versions.

And to answer Frisky's question -- they are exactly the same 55 levels as the PC version, but as you note, more downloadable levels are on the way.

I guess this is just straight up Peggle and not Peggle Nights like the DS version has? The DS version is $30 but I wonder how much the DLC is going to be to add on Peggle Nights and any other bonus levels?

I am really tempted to get this game, but that would put me at $40 spent on Peggle in less than two weeks with more to come on XBLA...

Just picked it up on DS, so now I have it for PC, DS and Ipod. I am not sure how wise it will be to get it on 360. Though the multi player is tempting.

The Achievements are pretty hardcore,(Dr of the Peggle Arts Achievement Holy Batsh*t!!) and most of the leader boards are already insane lol. I scored 539K or something on 1-1 and only ranked 25. There are some serious Peggle people out there. I thought I was good playing all the PC versions but it's nice to finally get to watch some serious players. I've already wasted 6 hours playing today.. even though I beat the PC version of the same game This is still fun as hell the 3rd.. 4th 5th... time around.... Online rocks too.

bread's done
Back