Photo
- - - - -

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles - RE2, CV, and South America - November 17th

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

I still have yet to see Degeneration. I've been meaning to, but I just haven't found the time. I'm really excited about DC because RE2 was the game that brought me into the RE universe. That game is still, in my opinion, the best out of the series. Even if it isn't a direct survival horror remake, the story and new design make it a day one buy.

RE0 and REmake ports, on the other hand, not so much. I have both on GC and have no intention of coughing up $30 a pop for Wii versions.

#32 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

RE0 and RE are NOT remakes. They are the original GC games simply printed on Wii discs so you can play on your Wii. There is no new content. The only difference is that they remapped the controls to work with the wiimote. That's it.

I don't know who started calling these games remakes because they are not.

Gameplay is what makes a game worth playing - not story or graphics

MY SITE

#33 disillusion386

disillusion386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

RE0 and RE are NOT remakes. They are the original GC games simply printed on Wii discs so you can play on your Wii. There is no new content. The only difference is that they remapped the controls to work with the wiimote. That's it.

I don't know who started calling these games remakes because they are not.

If you read a few posts above yours (it doesn't take that long), I had called them remakes. And then, I left another post after that saying that I meant ports. Stop bitching already, we get your point.

#34 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

If you read a few posts above yours (it doesn't take that long), I had called them remakes. And then, I left another post after that saying that I meant ports. Stop bitching already, we get your point.

I wasn't addressing you.

MY SITE

#35 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

Some people know I hate the Wii...

But I want this game more than RE5.:applause:
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#36 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:54 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=358264

Well here's an interesting rumor out of NeoGAF, according to the topic poster, Capcom might be releasing a Wii collection called "Resident Evil: Archives" for $29.99 in June. The poster speculates that it could be the ports of RE0 and REmake put into a double-pack, but I think that, until more info surfaces, there's just as much of a chance that it could be RE4 and UC. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of this.

#37 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=358264

Well here's an interesting rumor out of NeoGAF, according to the topic poster, Capcom might be releasing a Wii collection called "Resident Evil: Archives" for $29.99 in June. The poster speculates that it could be the ports of RE0 and REmake put into a double-pack, but I think that, until more info surfaces, there's just as much of a chance that it could be RE4 and UC. I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes of this.

The good news about this , is that regardless of which games show up in the archives collection , we still win.

If it ends up being RE0 and the REmake , then we get both for $30 instead of each one for $30. If its RE4 and UC , then your getting two excellent games for $30.

#38 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:26 PM

RE4 and UC would be awesome, since RE4 seems to be OOP and hard to find, and UC is still $50 here in Canada.

#39 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

RE4 and UC would be awesome, since RE4 seems to be OOP and hard to find, and UC is still $50 here in Canada.

Well , UC is still $50 in places here too , although RE4 is still pretty easily found. Amazon has it for $20. If you really wanted it you might be able to get a fellow cag to pick it up and send it your way.

#40 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

Well , UC is still $50 in places here too , although RE4 is still pretty easily found. Amazon has it for $20. If you really wanted it you might be able to get a fellow cag to pick it up and send it your way.

I actually have RE4 (its trade-in value is still high so I keep bugging my brother to part with it, but there's no cheap way to re-acquire it) and I sort of regret trading in UC a few months ago. :cry:

#41 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:18 PM

The latest Gameinformer (w/Assassins Creed II on the cover) has a article on this game, and mentions that you will be replaying scenarios from:

Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil Code Veronica

and

Spoiler

#42 seen

seen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:35 AM

TBA 2010, they're trying to create a lot of hype.

#43 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:54 AM

REmake and RE0 are $30 each, and it's obvious that the South American Destination is so they can re-use RE4 assets.

MY SITE

#44 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:06 AM

Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil Code Veronica for wii will be release later this year :) Possible we'll get 3 Resident evil games for wii this halloween and Resident Evil 5 in 2010 :)
"Evil is Funs"

#45 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

A new trailer for DarkSide Chronicles was shown at Captivate 09:

#46 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

New trailer on IGN:
http://wii.ign.com/d...rney_52609.html

It shows some footage of the Code Veronica (Rockfort Island) segment.

#47 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

Ha. You know, it pains me that Steve (STEVE!) gets to come back for a game, and poor old Barry still gets the shaft.

Oh, and Steve just looks like a slightly tweaked RE4 Leon model.

... still, day-one purchase for me. Loved Umbrella Chronicles, despite the flaws. Probably have sunk more time into that game than any other for Wii, barring Galaxy. Last I checked, I had hit something like 24 hours of playtime, which floored me.

#48 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:09 AM

I nearly forgot that this was coming out next week. The first reviews are trickling in:

IGN:
http://wii.ign.com/a.../1045110p1.html

Nintendo Power (Score-only):
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=379589

I should also point out the new trailers that Capcom released today.
The first is an interactive trailer over at GameTrailers, hence why I'm only posting the link:
http://www.gametrail...dent-evil/57808

There were also a few trailers showcasing the unlockables, like costumes, and in this trailer...
Spoiler

Edited by Cao Cao, 14 November 2009 - 01:27 AM.

#49 'Cube Daddy

'Cube Daddy

Senator Valtome's stylist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

Anyone else buy this? It's visually stunning. I only played it for about 20 minutes last night because it was pretty late, but wow... pretty game. The reticule is very responsive, as well. Fun times but lots of failure because this is my first rail shooter. Ha ha.

:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
:wii: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Posted Image Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

#50 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

I'm kind of interested in this game. The first one was pretty good..has anyone played both??

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#51 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:34 AM

Anyone else buy this? It's visually stunning. I only played it for about 20 minutes last night because it was pretty late, but wow... pretty game. The reticule is very responsive, as well. Fun times but lots of failure because this is my first rail shooter. Ha ha.

I have it. In the africa level, you turn a corner and there are these baskets with fruit in them you shoot for bonus points. The fruit is a flat texture, sitting inside a flat texture basket. It looks worse then PS1 type stuff. However, the main game itself looks good, i just saw that and laughed since it looked putrid bad. I got to level 2 with a buddy and it does look great, for a wii game, of course.

#52 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:41 AM

I loved Umbrella Chronicles, and Code Veronica is my favorite traditional RE. Unfortunately, all the reviews for this game talk about the shaky cam, and the videos show it as well. I don't know if I'd be able to take it (I had to walk out of a movie before because the shaky cam was making me physically ill), and I'm not willing to pay $50 to find out. I'll probably get it when it goes to $20-25. It sucks because I was really, really looking forward to this game. :cry:
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#53 'Cube Daddy

'Cube Daddy

Senator Valtome's stylist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:33 AM

I loved Umbrella Chronicles, and Code Veronica is my favorite traditional RE. Unfortunately, all the reviews for this game talk about the shaky cam, and the videos show it as well. I don't know if I'd be able to take it (I had to walk out of a movie before because the shaky cam was making me physically ill), and I'm not willing to pay $50 to find out. I'll probably get it when it goes to $20-25. It sucks because I was really, really looking forward to this game. :cry:

I was concerned too, but so far I find it more dramatic than anything else. I don't see a problem with it (yet).

:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
:wii: Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop
Posted Image Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO

#54 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:58 AM

Just finished RE2 and moving on to Code Veronica. Great game so far

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#55 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:02 AM

I was concerned too, but so far I find it more dramatic than anything else. I don't see a problem with it (yet).

I'm having a tough time with the camera. When you're fighting a boss and you have to aim at a specific part of said boss and the camera is moving as well as the boss, it's an undeniably frustrating experience. I wish I could turn the movement off (or at least scale it back some). I don't remember Umbrella Chronicles being nearly this shaky.

#56 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:10 AM

I'm a few chapters into Veronica right now, and I'm loving the game. I admit that the shaky-cam was slightly overdone, but it's not game-breaking.

What I love about this is how closely it adheres to the older games in terms of plot and setting. One of my major complaints about Umbrella Chronicles is how far off book it went at times, like the entirety of the RE3 section (seriously, did the developers *play* RE3?). These are fun to play, but they should also be fan service, which is something they nailed with this one. Even the parts they altered a bit (training sequence in CE:V) still fell in line with everything else and actually enhanced the experience.

Also, as much as I was initially hesitant when they announced only RE2, CV, and a new chapter, I think it worked amazingly well. This gave them the opportunity to really delve into each game, instead of giving us the fairly truncated levels of Umbrella Chronicles. It makes a huge difference going from 3 chapters per game to 8.

This game also underlines the fact that we NEED RE2 to get the REmake treatment the way RE1 did. Oh, please please please please.

#57 yeah-yeah

yeah-yeah

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:16 AM

I made my way through all of the chapters in, according to the play time, under 9 hours. It was probably longer, though, as I bailed on some play sessions. I'm going back through chapters using the character opposite of who I played the first time through, trying to get better scores. I still think that the shaky cam is overdone, but either I got better at dealing with it, or it wasn't as pronounced in the later chapters.

I agree that the greater number of chapters is a boon, but I do miss the backstory missions from Umbrella Chronicles (Wesker, Hunk) as those added some interesting elements to the RE story.

I was able to nab my copy for $35 on Black Friday, and think that the game is worth that price, but greater than that seems too much.