CAGcast #153: British Cosby

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

I'd really love to write an accurate description of what we talked about on this week's show, but all I really know is that it's almost 2 hours and that we discuss the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Download - 113 minutes, 45MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:
Love Hotel Video

Edited by CheapyD, 12 March 2009 - 06:19 AM.

#2 Froogin

Froogin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:33 AM

Awesome
Posted ImagePosted Image

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Froogin.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EFroogin%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#3 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

a cagcast and the bonus love hotel video?

#4 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:48 AM

cheapy you're bioshock 2 screenshot link is broken. it takes you to the story underneath it.
Insert clever line here......

#5 ch3zyp00fs

ch3zyp00fs

CAGcast Groupie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:52 AM

Sweet. Something for work tomorrow.
Use the Swagbucks Google Search Engine and Win Prizes with me! Click the banner and lets get points and FREE SWAG!

Posted Image

#6 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

downloading

#7 weevles

weevles

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

Sweet. Gonna listen tonight.

Edit: I'm gonna steal Wombat's metric converter. Flobbity Floos FTW! I never noticed any lag on the NXE.

Also, I'm not believing the whole "RE5" costs too much for Cheapy excuse. The Internetz Space Pimp has to have some PA credit or somethin' at least! lulz @ Wombat's Apple comment.

Edited by gunm, 13 March 2009 - 02:03 AM.

#8 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:40 AM

The infamous scene in Indy spawned the catchphrase "They nuked the fridge." It's become sort of a jumped the shark for describing shitty stuff these days.
Edit: Was a decent episode. You guys covered a lot of ground this week.

Edited by sotc1988, 12 March 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#9 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:44 AM

Cool a new cagcast. Something to get me thur my day.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#10 2Shea

2Shea

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

Great show once again guys. I always love the dynamic you have together.

You made me hungry talking about that Steak House Cheapy lol.

2Shea.me (Personal Blog) - AllFiction (Anime/Manga/Etc. Website) - Steam (Steam Community Profile)

#11 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

Saaaaauce...

2 hour show is win :]

1xz7eo.gif

#12 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

I think backwards compatibility is something that needs to stay in the next generation of consoles, namely the downloadable games. Imagine the uproar from gamers for companies saying 'yeah, thanks for spending hundreds of dollars on your downloadable games you can't have access to anymore'.

At least with a disc you still have it, and you could run it on an older console (assuming you still have it), and even if you don't have it, you can sell it for a few bucks.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#13 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

Crap, I forgot to edit my comment in the last CAGcast because you guys covered my comment right after I posted it, I fail.

I would have to agree with the ambiguity of what crosses the line in terms of representing sexual orientation on XBL.

You two brought up very good variables that all play a role in the simple statement of "I like men." We have no clue the gender of the speaker, the definition of the word "like," if it stands in the realm of just friends or a sexual level, or if it was meant as just a smart-ass way to say "I is gay."

I personally think that Microsoft has a "DO NOT WANT" stick attached to their arm and wouldn't touch anything related to anything outside of relationships, sexual orientation/preference, or even gender. A person can expect a lot of shit putting "Hermaphrodite" or "Post-op" in their profile and Microsoft could probably issue a suspension based on the "I don't want this shit on my service" law.

The lag/hanging on the 360 guide is annoying as shit for me. All these theories seem like bunk to me, I even reduced my friends list by 25 people and saw no performance increase. This has brought me to using the Guide less and less, to the point where I don't even press it to look at incoming messages if I'm within 1-2 minutes of something important. In other words, it makes me want to stab myself in the face.

I'm about 25 minutes in, going to call it a night and finish up on my commute to/fro class tomorrow.

#14 johnnyrocker360

johnnyrocker360

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:05 AM

Great cagcast like always guys. I agree with you Cheapy about how Bioshock 2 should have some type of backstory to the fall of rapture. Can't wait for the next CAGCAST!
Blarg

Posted Image

#15 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

The software for a hacked xbox, was called Xbox Media Center, I only correct you on that because it was an awesome piece of software.

also cheapy you could build a small form factor pc or an "HTPC" and stick in like a $70 video card with HDMI(there are actually much cheaper ones), I already have a desktop pc in my livingroom, so I stuck in one of these video cards and picked up a 30 ft hdmi cable for $15 bucks on ebay to hook up to my tv, thats my cheapass media center. Basically it clones my monitor signal to my tv (it can also be set as a dual monitor) and I can watch whatever I have on my pc or watch hulu.com on my tv.

#16 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

To Wombat: People largely do not want home console games on the handheld, though I'm sure there are some. The reason is because given the choice, most people would rather play Resistance or God of War (for example) on a big TV screen with better graphics.

Even most of the big portable Nintendo games that sell well are decidedly different from their console counterparts. Plus they all kinda have crappy graphics anyway ;)

Pachter's comments are off base because almost no one owns more than one console for that multiplatform comparison. The last sampling I saw on the matter had it at 95% single console, 3% two console, 2% three console. Gaming enthusiasts are a much smaller bunch than you would think by reading message boards.

Furthermore, how the mini-golf game that they actually enjoy compares favorably with Gears is irrelevant, because odds are they wouldnt like Gears

Cheapy is right on the importance of backward compatibility. Its useful to a few, but in the big picture its not important from a sales perspective. Its merely a nice bullet point on the back of the box.

Edited by Dr Mario Kart, 12 March 2009 - 10:27 AM.

#17 xDARKx Knight

xDARKx Knight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

Man! Cant wait for this :)...2 hours aswell.

I have this and the new Rebel FM. What a day already...and ive only just woken up lol :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

..I counted my blessings, now I'll count this curse..
:360::ps3::ds:

#18 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:17 AM

Continuing the trend, this show was the latest in a great streak! Having listened to every single cagcast atleast twice, I'd have to say these latest couple of shows are the greatest to date.
The dynamic between you guys and the energy has been great and you generally seem happier with the show!

To comment on your questions on what you would talk to Major Nelson or Michael Pachtor about, I'm sure two innovative guys like you can figure it out. For Major Nelson, how about having him on for an extended Microsoft segment and a Major Nelson dedicated cagbag? Just a thought.

Keep it up guys and thanks for all the great new features even if i dont get tremendous use out of them, being from Sweden, its still nice to see the site evolve.

Cheers

SwoXx

Edited by Swoxx, 16 March 2009 - 07:33 PM.
Added some comments

#19 DrKai

DrKai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:37 PM

Cheapy, although you can't see individuals in your affiliate feedback on CAGs' purchases, have you been able to see a downward trend or an upward trend in the number of or size of purchases through CAG?

I know that in my area, the economy has everyone terrified and making sizeable cutbacks in personal purchases. Have people been flocking to CAG for their purchases as times get tough, or has everyone stopped purchasing in a desperate attempt to save money?

Love the show, and props to Wombat for excellent commentary on the industry.

#20 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

The Furious Gamer thing sounds really cool.... to bad I do not have an iPhone.

#21 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

I'm not sure how YouTube determines what is considered "indecent". There are tons of videos on that site that show teenage girls beating the shit out of each other, but they won't allow a video of a hotel room tour?

So baffling.

#22 Gentlegamer

Gentlegamer

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

And now Cheapy knows why the phrase "jumping the shark" has been replaced with "nuking the fridge."

Hey, that's what this podcast should have been called!
Posted Image

#23 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Just listening now about 35 minutes in.

I got a shout out again, BUT you pronounced my username wrong again. It's pronounced sawn-ders cow-ie. Get it wrong once more and i'll sue :D

Sounds like a great show so far.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#24 aplusjimages

aplusjimages

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hey Cheapy and Wombat,

You should have Workman on your show. I think it would be the best episode ever. Also I haven't notice my Xbox Vista running any faster. It still takes forever for my friends avatars to show up and now the games they are playing takes longer to show up as well.

Oh and do a search in Youtube for 2 dudes kissing and see what comes up. Youtube is so inconsistant. Start using Vimeo instead.

#25 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:34 PM

I stole my wife's iPod so I could listen to the CAGcast

#26 PioRow

PioRow

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

Another top notch podcast as per usual. Hope wombats job is safe, no one wants to see a friend lose their job (thats right, he's my friend!!).
Hope that stake dinner was really good, sounded like it wasnt a cheapass dinner!

#27 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

this is the best podcast i've ever heard in my life its better then fucking my wife, living my life, praying to jesus.h christ and banging three dykes

#28 Baron O Hell

Baron O Hell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

It is kind of funny your videos got removed because there are hundred videos of teenage girls in their undies dancing around in ways they should not be. Not that I have been looking or anything.

#29 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

Damn fine show....jew bread your the man.

Cheapy your were talked about on chatterbox radio this pass week.

548012.png

#30 ronendawg

ronendawg

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

Great show as always guys, you should make JewBeard and British Cosby recurring characters, maybe JewBeard's Deals of the week or British Cosby's Pretentious Review of the week. Anyway have fun shufflebawdin' wit Saul Watchmen & Hahvey Wheelman.