• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#31 clatu6

clatu6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

Cheapy,
Your tour of the sex hotel is way tamer than some of the things I've seen on YouTube and it was damn funny.

This video is WAY more offensive, yet somehow it remains?

Not that I mind that video...They really need to pan out further. Perhaps on RedTube?

#32 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

The online system in KZ2 isn't perfect by any means but they do make it easy to find and join games with your friends and clan.

It still would be nice to have a party and invite system so you can guarantee you are on the same team when you want to be.

For the next CAGcast game, I suggest Wombat or Cheapy setting up the room, getting both you guys in there first, and THEN posting the info on the forums. That way you can make sure you both get in.

But Wombat is right, the popularity of this game on CAG is really high right now. There are three clans up and running atm!

#33 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

Another great show guys, always looking forward to the next. I definitely like the idea of the CAG "Game Nights" with CheapyD and Wombat, and hope to join in next time you roll out Halo 3. Bring the Ships if possible.

Also, philosophical question: Is buying a game for at 76-100% MSRP count as a mark against you on your "CAG card"? I admit that there are a lot of games out there worth playing, but quite frankly I myself cannot justifying paying for a $45-60 game that I know will eventually (a few months) be $20 if not lower, either as a deal or normal price.

Maybe it's just because money is tight, but even when I start my new job tomorrow (same field as Shipwreck), I imagine that even with a salary I will still be a CAG at heart and buy games for no more than $20-30. It's certainly a personal choice, but I think picking up a game on launch day for full price goes against the nature of the site (something I am guilty of and still reel from Buyer's Remorse).

~HotShotX

#34 PhilESkyline

PhilESkyline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

That was the greatest intro song I've heard in quite a long time Cheapy. Where do you come up with these? haha! Golden Podcast...

#35 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

I'm sure there are a number of people with their own "steak" stories, but in any case - my brother in law (5'6", 135 lbs, pretty small), ate 32 oz (2 lbs) of steak at an Irish restaurant in town. But not only that, he had two Guiness', and a plate of poutine (french fries with cheese and gravy on them). It was utterly disgusting, but he actually ate it all...
Posted Image

#36 clatu6

clatu6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

I'm sure there are a number of people with their own "steak" stories, but in any case - my brother in law (5'6", 135 lbs, pretty small), ate 32 oz (2 lbs) of steak at an Irish restaurant in town. But not only that, he had two Guiness', and a plate of poutine (french fries with cheese and gravy on them). It was utterly disgusting, but he actually ate it all...

Yeah... I succesfully completed the Beefeater contest. (40 oz (1.13 kilogram) steak plus a potatoe, texas toast, and a salad).

Man was not meant to eat that much food at one sitting. I have a lovely picture they took after completing the chalenge. I look half dead. I was shitting a liquid stream of pure hate and evil for two days after.

Not worth it.

#37 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

Re: Xbox Vista ~ Mine is still slow. I'm curious how you guys are seemingly getting it to run faster.

Re: Chronicles of Riddick: Assualt on Dark Athena ~ I liked the demo but there is definitely something up with the perspective. I had to double check more than once to make sure I wasn't walking around in 'crouch' mode. Maybe that's one of those legendary 'best kept secrets in Hollywood,' the fact that Vin Deisel is actually a midget or a hunchback.

And now Cheapy knows why the phrase "jumping the shark" has been replaced with "nuking the fridge."

Hey, that's what this podcast should have been called!

No. 'nuking the fridge' is a retarded phrase that needs to die. It helps if no one ever mentions it again... starting... NOW!

#38 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Another top notch podcast as per usual. Hope wombats job is safe, no one wants to see a friend lose their job (thats right, he's my friend!!).

He's not your friend, guy.:)

#39 dbzeng

dbzeng

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Cheapy you're right on with the taxing of video games and the waste of time politicians spend on minute issues such as these.

#40 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

As a UK user I might decide to stop listening to the show, so much taking the piss out of english accent, nah it was hilarious.

With John being on the show/hosting a UK podcast. I think you should get John on the show at somepoint, but I think him doing a CAG UK Podcast would be a little pointless. The CAG cast is international, i'm from the UK and it suits me perfectly. The talk of Japan and US is quite interesting.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#41 tjcravey

tjcravey

I can understand not wanting to go to a gamestop shareholders meeting, but don't hate on the lonestar state, yall!

#42 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

9PM game nights would work perfect, so here's hoping you continue that (maybe not every week, but every other week or something). Still waiting on a Warhawk night, but it'd probably be good to do each console with actual online every other time or something.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#43 solipse

solipse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Hey Wombat... you should play the Benny Hill theme music while you do your British Cosby impersenation... I would help with the authenticity.

#44 TripMasterMunky

TripMasterMunky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

CAG has the best intro music.

Also, I'd like to mention I enjoy this new CAG Game Night thought up by Wombat. I haven't played in one yet, but it's a great idea to do it as a weekly event. It definitely helps the community to meet you all and most importantly shows that you guys are willing to take a night out of the week to spend some 1 on 1 time with the community.

Edited by TripMasterMunky, 12 March 2009 - 05:35 PM.

[URL="http://www.BuckSharlow.com"][/URL]

#45 King of Swing

King of Swing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

I'm listening to the show right now, and Wombat's gripe about RE5 being over-crowded is dead on. He couldn't have worded it any better.

"I was even thinking about maybe even plugging in my Wii, and buying this game"... - Cheapy on MadWorld

Me too.

Great show so far.

#46 JadedJedi

JadedJedi

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

The question of Do you listen to podcasts while you game is an easy one for me to answer. Yes! I haven't listened to the games real music in months if not years. I always have a podcast playing if im not on live. Wombat you need to have a radio show featuring Jewbeard the pirate and his 1st mate Super Programmer John.
Posted Image Posted Image

#47 sunfiredragon

sunfiredragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Really enjoying the show guys. I agree with others that Wombat should just evolve fully into Jewbeard the pirate.

Also, I think Braid really follows the middle ground between the two opinions, I really only felt ripped off because I wanted a little more of a surface story, and not one that has to be "created" by 100 different people's opinions.

#48 Beanopolis

Beanopolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

Cheapy: Your "I like men" idea in your gamertag profile would probably still warrant a ban even if they don't know your gender. It is still defining your relationship with men, either in sexual or non-sexual terms.
I think the argument should be more based on does your profile suggest or define an orientation, and what determines that (the users the submit complaints or MS) and why it is a problem.

If it truly is a problem, maybe MS needs to implement rating system for players:

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5616
This player is a child. Do not shoot or swear at him/her. No pictures.
Make sure to jump up and down and make funny noises to keep this player entertained.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5615
Tries to have fun with everyone. No tea-bagging when you shoot this player with rainbows.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5614
Can almost play with everyone. Exercise caution with this player as he/she may be a choking hazard to small children.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5617
Grandpa will probably not like this player; will constantly try to add the word "penis" to every conversation.
Lasers fueled by hate and fear may shoot from player's eyes; this is common and can cause slight irritation upon contact.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5613
Warning: This player may tear you a new one, be it with a chainsaws or horribly distorted obscenities.
Might have used a hobo near the 7-Eleven to create this account.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5612
Player should be respected and a weekly tribute given to appease him/her.
Should help provide an enjoyable game experience, but current player may be offspring (check earlier ratings for expected play experience).

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=5611
Player can be any combination of previously stated ratings.
Warning: Player may be a cannibal or alien. To determine: Ask if they have read "To Serve Man" and base opinion on resulting conversation.

Edited by Beanopolis, 12 March 2009 - 05:30 PM.
Wrong book name, doh

#49 zenprime

zenprime

A cat is fine too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Listening to the show, and Cheapy, your comment about how KZ2 would be better on XBL is kinda a non-comment. I'm the first to admit that XBL has a lot going for it in online features. Sony's PS3 guys really need to make their next mandate to be standardized game invites.

Hey, they did it with Trophies.

Oh XBMC was Xbox Media Center. Not Xbox Media Connect.

Wombat, On the issue of portable gaming I do largely enjoy fully fleshed out experiences on the go. Just like how I might enjoy a playing a casual game on my home system. Call me unusual, but the PSP's load time don't typically bother me. Still I'd be all over a system that ditched the UMD.

We need more readings of pretentious reviews!

On the issue of Backwards Compatibility. It matters to me. But like Cheapy said, I didn't buy a current gen console to play last gen games. So if there is no BC on a console, no big deal. But if there there is model with it, and a model without, I'm going to get the model with it. Even if the support is less then perfect, I like having it. I don't buy a lot of games (preferance not finance), and I tend to go back and play old games so having BC is worth it to me. Sure I could just keep the old console hooked up, but I like keeping things uncluttered and clean looking.

Edited by zenprime, 12 March 2009 - 05:47 PM.
BC

nyanya.gif

gallery_112191_5372_1370779853_8521.gif

#50 Bug Hunter

Bug Hunter

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Best part of this episode is the "CAGs on News" song is back! I'll have it stuck in my head all day now.
Posted Image

#51 Sacsquash

Sacsquash

Cheapassquatch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Hey Cheapy 'n Wombat,

I know you shared your opinion about backwards compatibility being featured in this generations consoles, but you didn't really elaborate on anything for the next-generation. Personally I think backwards compatibility will be much bigger for next generation consoles. The reason being achievements and trophies, I think people would have more incentive to play older generation titles if they actually see something come of it.

Also a while back on XboxEvolved.com(you can choose to give them a shout-out or not) there was a rumor that the Xbox 360 would feature some games in the near future that would be forward compatible. The forward compatible games would have improved features exclusive to the new console i.e. graphics and possible gameplay changes. If backward compatibility didn't make you want to play a last generations games perhaps forward compatibility would.

I would love to hear both of your opinions on this and thanks.

#52 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

I'm listening now, so far it's great. & i think the lag of the "xbox vista" is dependent on the game you are playing. i've had it lag for some games but not others.

#53 M1C13

M1C13

AKA MCHammer XIII

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Furious gamer looks awesome, if I had an iPhone I would pick it up in a second. Might be getting one next month if my job cancel our phone plans. Are there other Gaming related iphone apps? not games, for example keeping track of Xbox live or Halo 3 stats...

....or even better a CAG price tracker app for when I go to the store, it can tell me if it is priced better somewhere else or even better I can scan the bar code and find the best price.
Posted Image

#54 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Was disappointed that we didn't hear Wombat's take on 'Watchmen: The End Is Nigh'

#55 gameboykid14

gameboykid14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

I was actually hoping we'd hear Wombat's thoughts on the Watchmen movie.

#56 AgentSushi

AgentSushi

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:40 PM

I also first started listening to the CAGCAST before using the site. I first heard of CAG through cheapy's youtube videos.
Posted Image

#57 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

Well I knew that Cheapy was someone with something to do in the game industry. I stumbled across his youtube channel ended up subscribing because his videos are generally strange and hilarious. From there learnt of CAG, though I didn't join the site for a few months after.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#58 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Cheapy what's up with the "bipolar" love-hate relationship with the PS3. One second you are all lovin' on the PS3 & then the next you have to point out all of its flaws. Are you just trying to stay netural or do you actually feel this way about the PS3?

#59 crazytalkx

crazytalkx

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Great show! I'm a bit disturbed by CheapyD's reaction to Indiana Jones, but the constant warnings from Wombat might have somehow psychologically prepared him for it. Also, no gigantic steak pics? Come on, Cheapy!

#60 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hey guys they have a post on kotaku saying that capcom says the versus mode for RE5 will cost $5 or 400 ms points.