CAGcast #153: British Cosby

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#181 MCalvert1

MCalvert1

AKA AssaultSuit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

Staying alive in a fridge from atomic blast is the same difference as the ark melting some evil nazis face. Its just that as kids we believed it and thought it was awesome, where as now, surviving a nuclear bomb in a fridge is just stupid. But I bet if we were kids and watched the new one, it would be super cool.

Just my theory anyway.

cheers.

I disagree on your comparison. Sure the ark's power is not realism, but it's supposed to be magical/mystical/whatever. The fridge is not magical. It's just a fridge. "Behold the power of the almighty" holds a little more weight than "behold the power of lead".

Unquestionably though, as Cheapy said, the only good part was the very last scene
Spoiler

MjC

#182 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I have to disagree with the Indy 4 talk......the worst part of that movie is Karen Allen! Why is that woman smileing from ear to ear in every scene???

No, Karen Allen is awesome and was criminally underused. Though, didn't she smile all the time in Raiders? Either way, I could watch that smile all day.

#183 Hintshigen

Hintshigen

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Love the podcast been listening to it for a long time now, at least a year. Was inspired to sign up by the others outed in the show.

As an American living in Scotland, am very grateful for the deals found here in the U.K. And would love to hear what Super Programmer John has to say as well if he ever did his own podcast.

#184 Hired.Geek

Hired.Geek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

I have to say I am really intrigued by the rumors of this new PSP4K. I would really like to see a device that is completely flashed based memory, no more UMD. What would really make this device a killer device would be to include a touch screen and a QWERTY keyboard. This would allow the device to be a much better web machine then the iPhone. Also SONY should spend a little time with the music playing software in the PSP, really make the user experince comparable to the iPod and ZUNE. Now the down side for me is I have had a PSP since launch, and have a library of about 15 games for the PSP. So now what am I suppose to do with all my UMDs, if the device is completely flash base. My idea would be that Sony sponsors a trade in program where you mail your UMDs into SONY and they send you codes to download those games from the PSN store. This would benefit SONY and its developers in two ways. First it would generate sales from loyal long time users such as me to buy a new PSP4K. Second it would then take a bunch of UMDs out of circulation, then those UMDs are not showing up at Gamestop and being resold over and over again helping developers of the PSP platform.

By the way Cheapy, the new PSN Store on the PSP is really nice you don’t need a computer you can attach directly to the PSN store and download games, demos, and video straight to the device without the need to attach it to the computer. It looks just like the PSN store on the PS3. Although I will say the connection speed is super slow just like the PS3 store.

Wombat, I am curious, you say that you like to purchase music through legal means to help support the artists. But everyone knows that very little of the money from CD & online sales goes to the actual artists, yet you seem to have no such loyalties to game developers as you routinely purchase used games and sell used games. Kind of thinking there is a double standard here, care to share your thoughts?

#185 zkelton

zkelton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Good as always, but next time: less Jello, more Jewbeard.

#186 Monstarr

Monstarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Great show, as you mentioned on the show..you guys have been on point. Jewbeard had me rofling

#187 AmazedSatsuma

AmazedSatsuma

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

I agree with Cheepy, Transformers is a far worst movie then Indy 4

#188 fredy182

fredy182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

yay cag's on news theme song is back

#189 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:32 AM

I absolutely appreciate backwards compatibility. I bought a 360 after not owning an Xbox, and played through Halo 1 and 2 on it, as well as Psychonauts - games I wouldn't have played if the functionality wasn't there because I had a PS2 the previous generation.

Now that I have a PS3, it really fucking irks me that if I want to play Shadow of the Colossus again or, even worse, play through the MGS series in preparation for MGS4, I have to hook up a whole other system. It always astounds me that they aren't including the feature as standard in either machine - it's super cheap technology.

Backwards compatibility is good. Obviously, you are a later adopter of the PS3 since you can not play the PS2 games. I enjoyed the full backwards compatibility for the launch of the 20 and 60 gig PS3. What I did not like was the emulated piece of garbage the 360 offered. Sure you can not tell the difference, but having to wait several months for them to update it to get more titles on is a pain. When Sony did that, it only irked me more as a consumer. Would Sony have done that if Microsoft had the built in drive to play all X-Box games? Does Microsoft even update there BC list anymore? Even on the DSi there is no more backwards compatibility. It seems as though that BC is now a dying format and it is not good for the consumer. After all, why would a company want to support a system they no longer make games for. The only company that sems to be able to profit off of BC would be used game stores since Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo no longer sell new older gen games and are primarly focusing on the current generation.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#190 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:43 AM

On having Major Nelson on another CAGcast:

You should ask him why the NXE is so freakin' slow!

While I admit that I do listen to Major Nelson most weeks, I cannot believe that Microsoft lets such a nerd be the "mouth" of Microsoft. I am almost proud of them for not having some d-bag do a hipster show or some hot chick do a "why xbox is cool" show.

Anyway, great show Cheapy and Wombat.

The old bridge used to be called the new bridge.

card.png

#191 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:48 AM

It's funny, I listened to the podcast while I was at work trying to put out a few fires. The only things I remember are:
Wombat mentioning his grocery shopping
Both Wombat and Cheapy saying that they can't listen to podcasts while doing other things, as they lose track of what's going on...

And yeah, I lost track of what was going on in the show. Alas.

Silly work.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#192 Zak71296

Zak71296

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

I loved the talk about the last indy movie. I was laughing out loud. The fridge was terrible and aliens, seriously aliens, I almost threw the disc in the trash when i saw that. Great show.

#193 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

thank you cheapy and wombat for making the show less than 2 hours....
when im on the subway i listen to it and its 1 commute.

#194 Jesus' Bush

Jesus' Bush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:25 AM

Cheapy and Wombat,
I think one of the main reasons your show doesn't have the number of listeners that Rebel FM, etc do is because you guys dont play games! In almost every episode each of you only play one real game (not counting DLC or demos). Pick up a few games and play them an hour or so each and post your thoughts as you progress through the game. People listen to podcasts to hear YOUR thoughts on games not just get news they can read at Kotaku in 5 minutes. Also, why don't you guys bring back the "Old Game You Should Pick Up for Cheap" segment? That was an awesome piece for CAGs. You could also each pick up a game for an hour or two a week from the previous generation of consoles that you never got around to finishing. Keeping a consistant realease of podcasts without skipping weeks would also help too. Even a quick 30 minute show would be fine. I'll always be a listener of the CAGcast and keep up the great show!

#195 kenkaze

kenkaze

Picasso of the scalpel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:52 AM

Compared to Cheapy's hotel tour this video is nothing.

Posted Image

#196 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

Compared to Cheapy's hotel tour this video is nothing.

LMFAO WTF?!

Posted Image

#197 Wingwright

Wingwright

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

Great podcast guys!

At this rate, you'll have a large cast of characters to join the likes of Jewbeard and British Cosby.

Also, are we going to have a CAG game night next Sunday? Can I recommend Left 4 Dead?

#198 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

Also, are we going to have a CAG game night next Sunday? Can I recommend Left 4 Dead?

Wombat, I think we should have a Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts game night at some point. I'm sure there were a bunch of us who picked up the game when it was on sale on Amazon for $20. :bouncy:

#199 sotc1988

sotc1988

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

Japan has a penis festival every year. It's a popular thing and they celebrate phallic symbols (at least as far as I know).

#200 flyers241

flyers241

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

The Live E3 podcast sounds like a good idea. Maybe invite some people in the game industry as well.

#201 geosooner

geosooner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

Damn fine show....jew bread your the man.

Jew BREAD. LOL. Good times.

I agreed with the feedback that Wombat/Jew Beard/Bread needs to do dramatic readings of pretentious reviews, or really anything that needs mocking.

Love you guys, keep up the good work.
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=108791"][/URL]

#202 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

I love how your Cheapy's wife has had her named mentioned in many things on the cagcast and numerous other videos. But for some reason, she's ashamed of the hotel video.

I'm pretty sure that means that she was really into it in a naughty way. Cheapy probably had the best sex of his life.

#203 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

Nice show guys.

I agree that Sony should go the UMD-less route for the PSP2. Just add another analog nub, make the wireless features robust, and stuff as much HDD capacity as you can it it. Sony really needs to embrace the Steam/iTunes/whatever model of DL-only for their games. Or at least make it an option if they don't want to screw over retail stores.

From what I hear, a lot of games work (or at least get some kind of attention) on the iPhone because they're cheap; people are receptive to these micro-games because their $1-$2. I don't see why Sony can't set something up that's similar where devs can create these small titles and sell them on the cheap. That way, they'd have the best of both worlds: cheap, micro-games for $1 - $5, and fuller games that cost $20 - $30.
Posted Image

#204 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hey CheapyD & Wombat, you guys mentioned that you had those Turtlebeach surround sound head/mic sets and you've spent so much time talking about how you're playing Killzone 2 I am wondering: What microphones are you guys using on your PS3 multiplayer sessions? I've only had my PS3 since Christmas and I want to yell at people online already like I do on my PC during Left 4 Dead.

#205 The A-Dawg

The A-Dawg

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

Cheapy don't let any assholes tell you the mac mini isn't worth it! You enjoy that like I enjoyed shipwrecks mother.

#206 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

that was nice of workman to offer a code for the contest. whatever happened to the workman podcast? another great show and I have to agree that wombat has been on top of his game lately.

#207 Hero

Hero

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

Wombats British Cosby voice was very annoying. It would be greatly appreciated by yours truly if you refrained from doing that again. k thx.

Edited by Hero, 16 March 2009 - 07:50 PM.
spelling

#208 Tengaport

Tengaport

Cover your heart Indy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

I have to disagree with the Indy 4 talk......the worst part of that movie is Karen Allen! Why is that woman smileing from ear to ear in every scene???

Oh man, you just reminded me of another thing I hated about Indy 4

Spoiler

#209 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

HAHAHA, see Cheapy? we told you Indy IV was shit. thanks for agreeing with us. :)

btw, Cheapy, PLEASE go watch Wall-E. it's a beautiful film.

Wombat, you gotta check out Wanted. the story is stupid but the action is great. it's a popcorn flick and Morgan Freeman rules!

Edited by LiK, 16 March 2009 - 07:08 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#210 Sethguy45

Sethguy45

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

Great episode guys the little brother part really made me laugh! Keep up the great work