• Embossed leather dust jacket
  • 2 Sleeve Digi-pack, including:
    • Game disc
    • Behind-the-scenes DVD
  • Code for downloadable Challenge Map
  • Exclusive “Crime Alley” map, available immediately
  • Full-color Manual
PS3 exclusive: Joker as a playable character -
http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/23/ark...ms-joker-as-ps3-exclusive-playable-character/

Last edited by a moderator:
These collectors editions, just keep rising in price. I am even surprised theres a collectors edition for essentially a new ip.

Well look at it this way, if it is the same DC Encyclopedia that is listed on Amazon for 26.40 and Borders for the full 40 dollar price it is not a bad deal when the game is 60. However you get DLC that chances are is already on the disc a DVD that really will you watch it. I do for movies but games I have about a 1% chance to watch a making of. The 12" Batarang as of right now no one knows what it is made out of. Also I'm wondering how large the Batarang would really be. In the new movies that have come out they seem to be about a good size. So if they are 12" then ok but 12" just seems to large.

However for the game and Encylopedia it might be worth it if your a big DC fan and if the game is good. Yet if you are a big DC fan then chances are you have the Encylopedia already if it is the same.

I might bite on this if I remember about it, the money situation gets better and I find out more about what is in it. As long as the game is good and the Encylopedia is the same as the one that the MSRP is 40 bucks for it might be. I'm sure the DLC will be 5-10 bucks or that much in points atleast.

Would be pretty sweet if this ended up being like another Halo Legendary Edition, even if I have to wait over a year to get that Batarang for cheap. Game looks good, but not $100 good.

Why is the DLC Pack 1 included in the Collector's Edition for $99 + tax?

Does the regular edition of Batman Arhkam Aslyum does not include the DLC pack 1?

I think companies are overstepping their boundaries with how they handle DLC. Just in the last month, SF4 and RE5 have had these huge DLC controversies.

I think RE5 especially really overdid it. Even though the DLC is just 400 MSP ($5), the fact that they announced a multiplayer component of the game that is being released for DLC BEFORE the official release date of the game itself is ridiculous and greedy.

I am down, unless the batarang is a let down, but being a huge Batman fan and the inclusion of the DC encyclopedia is making it real hard not to jst go ahead and order it from Amazon.

I disagree about the game looking mediocre, but I was a big fan of the Animated Series, so the voice cast alone is enough for me. But I'll pass on this. You could buy a set of high quality metal batarangs for 75 dollars on amazon (maybe they still sell them) and the game for 60. More batarang for your buck.

A Batarang could be potentially so cool:
batarang2008.jpg
bat_thrower.jpg
batarang.jpg
caf985472b61560dec12086bf8efaf1836e930f8
Batman%20dark%20Knight-%20Batarang%20%28Lifesize%29.jpg
Or potentially crap:
2261.jpg
2477.jpg

My money is on crap.

[quote name='holyhyperion']Why is the DLC Pack 1 included in the Collector's Edition for $99 + tax?

Does the regular edition of Batman Arhkam Aslyum does not include the DLC pack 1?

I think companies are overstepping their boundaries with how they handle DLC. Just in the last month, SF4 and RE5 have had these huge DLC controversies.

I think RE5 especially really overdid it. Even though the DLC is just 400 MSP ($5), the fact that they announced a multiplayer component of the game that is being released for DLC BEFORE the official release date of the game itself is ridiculous and greedy.[/QUOTE]

you are acting like it is something new. The DDR games and Katamari got DLC available on day 1.

[quote name='62t']you are acting like it is something new. The DDR games and Katamari got DLC available on day 1.[/quote]

Regardless of whether this is new or not, it stinks...it stinks reeaaallll bad.

This looks like a great deal to me, as long as a) the Batarang isn't utter trash and b) we're actually getting the full DC Encyclopedia and not some scaled-down throwaway.

As far as DLC goes, I really don't care about companies going this route. As long as they release a game that I am satisfied paying retail for, I don't how much DLC is "on the disc."

[quote name='h3llbring3r']A Batarang could be potentially so cool:
batarang2008.jpg
bat_thrower.jpg
batarang.jpg
caf985472b61560dec12086bf8efaf1836e930f8
Batman%20dark%20Knight-%20Batarang%20%28Lifesize%29.jpg
Or potentially crap:
2261.jpg
2477.jpg

My money is on crap.[/quote]

Holy nerdgasm Batman!

Considering the general disappointment with these collectors editions... this is going to end up like crap.

But considering the popularity of Batman after The Dark Knight, this will sell like hotcakes I bet.

I was planning on getting this game and I'm a sucker for LE's. I'll probably end up springing for this. Sometimes I don't like myself.

Someone should start a LE's Anonymous group on CAG.

Has anyone played other Batman games? I would not only wait to see if the Batarang is crappy, I would wait to see if the game is crappy. I'm guessing the $10 in November is about right.

bread's done
Back