Photo
- - - - -

Out of Stock - Halo Wars - Now $39.90 w/ Free Shipping at GoGamer.com!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 geosooner

geosooner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

Thanks Jason, I hooked it up. I like me a stragegy game at $40
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=108791"][/URL]

#32 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

Im picking this up. I was at gamestop today going to try the buy2get1 deal for this and someone took the last copy right as I walked in. Good thing he did, because I prefer the new one at this price.

#33 TwistedBishop

TwistedBishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

Let's be honest the game is good is fun if you want to play a game with Halo in the name with Halo lore, it's NOT for RTS fans.

I'm an RTS fan and I found the Halo Wars demo quite a lot of fun. Would I play it if it wasn't set in the Halo universe? If I liked the new setting, sure. Consoles aren't my preferred platform for RTSes, but I'll play a good game anywhere I have to.

This price point is exceptional. I was going to rent it from Gamefly but GoGamer has altered the deal. I pray they don't -- okay, enough of that.

#34 hcamacho

hcamacho

Leto II "The Tyrant"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

I cant wait enough for the npd numbers , so I can see really how strong is the HALO brand...
Posted Image

#35 omnilaw

omnilaw

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'm curious, which RTS games are better for 360 in your opinion?

Command and Conquer 3

#36 technole

technole

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

I'd definitely get Halo Wars if you are on the fence. The game was built for the Xbox, and the cutscenes are well done.

technole.png

#37 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Damn, if only I had a credit card x.x

Posted Image

#38 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Awesome been looking for some deals to celebrate my tax return being deposited.

#39 heyo007

heyo007

Loco for P.B.Loco PB!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

As a huge PC RTS game fan, I thought the demo of Halo Wars was kinda...restricting. The limited slots for buildings is a downer for me. That and, boy, did I miss assigning groups (a la Starcraft) and being able to deploy whatever troop I wanted when attacking. Picking a single soldier, a group of soldiers in your circle, or all units felt like a step backwards.
Still, I know some of these issues were omitted because it was built for the console and gamepad and, really, I just bought C&C Red Alert for the PC (and am still trying to find the time to finish Warcraft Frozen Throne before Starcraft 2 comes) so I can see why some of the design decisions were made. Still, $40 for a relatively new release is great so I'm in for one just to see how much more robust the experience is versus the demo.
Thanks for the post, OP!

Relax; It's only the internet.

#40 buffcorp

buffcorp

Paingression

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

feel bad for people buying this, game MIGHT be worth 3.90

Edited by buffcorp, 14 March 2009 - 04:24 PM.
spellin

#41 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

In for 1, i'll give it a couple of days and if it doesnt work out i'll flip it for $25-$30

#42 SuperJedi

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

NOT bad.

I wonder when we will see a LE/CE hot Deal?

#43 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

Ok anyone else use paypal? I'm just wondering if its as screwed as it seems still has not gone through still says pending Have never seen this. Took money out of account but not transfered to PP, Jason you guys really need to get on the ball with PP just go to other sites and buy something cheap see how much better theirs works then yours. Of course it would help if yours worked.

#44 Kurina

Kurina

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

Ok anyone else use paypal? I'm just wondering if its as screwed as it seems still has not gone through still says pending Have never seen this. Took money out of account but not transfered to PP, Jason you guys really need to get on the ball with PP just go to other sites and buy something cheap see how much better theirs works then yours. Of course it would help if yours worked.

This thread here may help a little bit.

http://www.cheapassg...40&postcount=66

#45 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:51 PM

Wow a awesome fucking deal.

#46 l337m4573rpyr0

l337m4573rpyr0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Thanks, I'm in for one!
My somewhat updated collection and updated "currently playing" list: http://www.playfire.com/l337m4573rpyr0

#47 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

Do you think that BB will PM this price? GoGamer's not too far from me but they're closed on weekends. :(

#48 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

"1. We're sorry - unfortunately this item is not available for shipment. Please check back later!"

Looks like it's OOS for now.

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#49 rx111

rx111

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

dead :cry:

#50 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

glad I got in on this an hour ago! even if its a stripped down RTS, it's a ton of fun

I am in the middle of LOVING Tom Clancy's Endwar. Best strategy game ever for a console

#51 knightbeauchamp

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

OOS please update your thread title
In Heaven we trust. GSB

#52 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

This game must really suck

#53 Crusty Magic

Crusty Magic

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

This game must really suck

It isn't a bad game by any means.

Some people are just displeased with it because it's more of a toned down RTS title. Simpler and much faster paced, I really enjoyed the demo personally and will probably end up buying it eventually.

#54 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

OOS please update your thread title

I second that. Thanks though.

#55 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Halo Wars is unbelievable. I'd reccommend gettin the Limited Edition, especially cuz they're goin very fast.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#56 SNESimon

SNESimon

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:27 AM

I agree that this game is awesome. I'm a big RTS fan and this is the first console RTS that gets it right. Sure it may not have some of the advanced features of other RTSs, but that's what makes it a playable and, most importantly, enjoyable experience on a console. Awesome game.

#57 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

Halo Wars is unbelievable. I'd reccommend gettin the Limited Edition, especially cuz they're goin very fast.

I find that hard to believe on a Microsoft title.

#58 The Chop Suey

The Chop Suey

noob pwner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

soo im trying to check the status on my order and it says it cannot recognize my user name...idk whats up because it has not even shipped...

#59 epb

epb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

soo im trying to check the status on my order and it says it cannot recognize my user name...idk whats up because it has not even shipped...

Yeah, I'm guessing you paid through Paypal, because creating an account while paying for Paypal doesn't seem to work. Not sure about the holdup on shipping. When I bought Empire: Total War from them a week ago, they shipped it later that day.

#60 The Chop Suey

The Chop Suey

noob pwner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

got my game after 1 day of shipping =] probably cuz im soo close thanks again