Xbox 360 Wireless controller (black) $31.75 shipped at buy.com

Just a word of caution, I ordered the limited edition red controller from them and they shipped it in a padded mailer bag. Needless to say there was some crush damage to the package but luckily the controller works fine.

[quote name='Speed Racer']Just a word of caution, I ordered the limited edition red controller from them and they shipped it in a padded mailer bag. Needless to say there was some crush damage to the package but luckily the controller works fine.[/quote]

The 360 controller can take a TON of abuse. Your drywall cannot.

Lesson learned.

Good deal considering you can trade your old one at Gamestop for $19.25 + 10% bump if you have an Edge card. Upgrade to crispy new sticks for $10.

Be careful with the black controller though! Once you go black...... :)

[quote name='crazy blain']The 360 controller can take a TON of abuse. Your drywall cannot.

Lesson learned.[/quote]

I would argue that the 360 controller is actually one of the weakest controllers I've ever used. Not to say Street Fighter IV frustrates me! ha.. ha.. /nervous look

At least compared to Sony's and Nintendo's controllers, I have never had a broken controller issue. And I beat Devil May Cry 1/3!

With that in mind, I bought one! Thanks a ton OP.

I believe they match the email you use to their database in order to qualify for that extra 5% offer.

When I calculated it all out, I saved only $2 off from amazon after matching shipping speed (free shipping is a solid two weeks, versus 3-5 days for me for amazon's fsss, plus I'd have to ship to a relative in the continental US to qualify with Buy.com). The taxes and shipping null most of the deal for me. Oh wells.

[quote name='ezellaur']resellerratings.com puts them at a solid 2.87/10

I think I will pass...[/QUOTE]

They're legit (as in they won't take your money and run away), but I can't fault anyone for thinking otherwise. They have a real bad habit of not honoring price mistakes (obvious or not) and supposedly terrible customer service.

[quote name='ezellaur']resellerratings.com puts them at a solid 2.87/10

I think I will pass...[/quote]

I got burned by them once. And I will NEVER buy from them again.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Buy, but they do seem to be quite iffy at times when it comes to shipping and customer service. Nonetheless, I would never let Reseller Ratings throw me off. The people who take time to write up the reviews are those that had a bad experience. Most people who have had positive experiences with a company aren't going to take the time to write a review.

i've never had problems with buy. the one thing to be aware of is that their free shipping is a lot slower than amazon saver shipping

Anyone know if this is today only?

And where does this company ship from? I ordered an MP3 player form them before and got it in the same week, but I forgot where it came from. Maybe I live close to them, never had a problem before.

The free shipping is great if you live in Southern California because I think there's a distribution center somewhere around here. I've gotten everything I've ordered in the past from them within 2-3 business days.

They also have the wired controller for $29.99 - are there better deals on wired controllers elsewhere, or do they have the best price?

[quote name='chicagoz']In for one. I've been waiting for a cheap black wireless controller. I'm waiting no longer. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Same, too good of a deal especially with the $2 coupon eBay gave me. I thought this would be hotter, but I guess that everyone who needs an extra controller already bought one by now :roll:

I signed up for the visa and got my controller for $1.75. That card will be canceled before Easter, SUCKERS!

[quote name='Vekou']They also have the wired controller for $29.99 - are there better deals on wired controllers elsewhere, or do they have the best price?[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for a Wireless PC Gaming Receiver, but decided to just buy the Wired 360 controller since my Wireless one's left thumbstick is pretty worn out and I can just use the Wired one for PC gaming. Killed two birds with one stone!

[quote name='sexon']I signed up for the visa and got my controller for $1.75. That card will be canceled before Easter, SUCKERS![/quote]

You're the sucker for messing up your credit rating, all for a videogame controller.

[quote name='Vegan']You're the sucker for messing up your credit rating, all for a videogame controller.[/quote]

it won't negatively affect his credit rating (if his CC app was accepted). if he pays off his balance and doesn't use his card anymore, he'll have an unused credit line actually would boost his FICA score

Nabbed one. I was hoping to get an extra controller last weekend at GS during the B2G1 sale, but none of my local stores (CA Bay Area) had any that I could find. We'll see how long this takes.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='wildnuts02']it won't negatively affect his credit rating (if his CC app was accepted). if he pays off his balance and doesn't use his card anymore, he'll have an unused credit line actually would boost his FICA score[/quote]
He said he would cancel the card. Anytime you close a line of credit, your credit takes a hit.

I might have to get this one. It's a pretty good since they don't charge me tac and Amazon does... choices choices

[quote name='ezellaur']He said he would cancel the card. Anytime you close a line of credit, your credit takes a hit.[/quote]

oh i missed that part. ya, not a good idea to cancel the card

Pulled the trigger on the black controller with Play and Charge kit for $42 last weekend. It's my first purchase from Buy.com... I still haven't received a shipping notice, now I'm kind of worried. I thought Buy was highly regarded? Sigh...

The xbox360 is comfortable for gaming,but the quality is shit. I droped it once and my left bumper barely works. Almost all the buttons stick when pressed and only a year after owning it. I wish they improve the quality like the dreamcast controller. That's a beast!!

My friend, I agree 100%. I love the design of the 360 controller, but the quality is not that great. I've gone through a number of controllers in a year and a half. The analog sticks are always getting stuck in off-center positions, and the buttons become less responsive way too quick.

I'll be the first to admit that I give my controllers a workout, but no system's controllers have ever gone so fast on me. I've had my PS3 for almost a year long than my 360, and I'm only on my second controller. I've had, I think, three or four for the 360.

bread's done
Back