Photo
- - - - -

LittleBigPlanet (PS3-PAL) $22, (USA) $25 [OOS] and More GoGamer Madness!

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 mikeyme

mikeyme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

i wonder if they had shipped any out...
dang was really hoping to had gotten this game for the price.
oh wells just gonna wait till it drops

#92 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Option #1 – Substitute the Little Big Planet U.S. version with the Region Free Import version + Refund you $3.00 + send you a 10% OFF Coupon Code toward your next purchase at GoGamer.

Option #2 – Cancel your order and be given a full refund.

Fail. I personally have never had a problem with GoGamer, but that's bait and switch. If they accept the order, charge your credit card and claim they're shipping then they better follow through, even if it's a mistake. Telling people they'll get a coupon if and only if they take the sub-par option is tacky and seems too much like a switch. If they're not honoring the price at all then they should give everyone coupons, regardless of whether they order the other version or not.

And no, I didn't get to order one of the $25 US copies. It just pisses me off that online retailers have the gall to pull this crap on people.

#93 swissmr

swissmr

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Fail. I personally have never had a problem with GoGamer, but that's bait and switch. If they accept the order, charge your credit card and claim they're shipping then they better follow through, even if it's a mistake. Telling people they'll get a coupon if and only if they take the sub-par option is tacky and seems too much like a switch. If they're not honoring the price at all then they should give everyone coupons, regardless of whether they order the other version or not.

word.....mistakes do happen, but I agree this was a little shady

this was my reply to gogamer

If thats your offer, thats the first and last time I ever use your site.
I work in a hospital and if I made an error, I pay for that error.
Option #3 pay for your own mistake?..."we do not anticipate receiving more units of the U.S. version any time soon" I hope I dont see this in stock in the coming months, I'm not even an angry gamer but this "deal " was listed on multiple forums and they wont take that well.

Option #2 – Cancel your order and be given a full refund.

ASAP via paypal

#94 TwistedBishop

TwistedBishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

I got the email too. Decided just to cancel it. I'm a bit annoyed, but GoGamer has come through with really good deals lately. I can let this one slide.

#95 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

If it was a bait and switch situation...a shady situation...they would have done this with everyone. I don't think everyone had their orders canceled. GoGamer screwed up, and if I ordered this from them, I'd be pissed, too. But I don't see this as them trying to pull one over on anyone. Besides, a bait and switch isn't all that effective online. In store, they lured you into the store and can now try to put a little pressure on you to buy. Online, they send you that e-mail, and you just tell them to stick it, and you want your money back.

#96 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

so gogamer screwed up once as long as they fix it so it doesnt happen again and take care of the coustmers that it happened to thats all they can do.also cant wit for the next sale :)

#97 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Got the same email. I think Cheapy should remove them from the referrals and we never speak of gogamer on CAG again.

#98 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Never had a problem with GoGamer before, and if it was a bait and switch they wouldnt have even offered options to try and fix it generally. They could have just flat out cancelled the order and said tough s**t, but they didnt. Anyways, I thought it was too good to be true, lol. Oh well...
Posted Image

#99 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

Got the e-mail, cancelled the order. I guess I'm kind of pissed especially since they charged everybody already (IMO if an order being charged means the customer can no longer make changes, it should be the same for a retailer, pre-orders withstanding) but I'm not in a terrible hurry to play this game so I'm not as angry as I would have been if it was a deal on RE5 or something like that.

#100 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

You know, I am pissed only because they charged my credit card like others have said. My credit card shouldn't be charged until you are shipping said game. And the options they offered in the e-mail were laughable. They should send a 10% or higher coupon regardless. I shouldn't receive it only if I downgraded to the PAL version.

I'll be wary of jumping on any deals from their site here on out.

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#101 Smallville123

Smallville123

CAGetmedown!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:20 AM

Thats very shady. Then fact they already charged me. I will never shop there again!
Insert clever line here......

#102 doc005

doc005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

You know, I am pissed only because they charged my credit card like others have said. My credit card shouldn't be charged until you are shipping said game. And the options they offered in the e-mail were laughable. They should send a 10% or higher coupon regardless. I shouldn't receive it only if I downgraded to the PAL version.

I'll be wary of jumping on any deals from their site here on out.

Agreed
Play with me on Fanduel by clicking the image below.
FanDuel_Daily_Fantasy_Sports.jpg

Fanduel is an entirely new way of playing fantasy sports - the season is just one day. It's fast, it's fun and you play for real money! Play fantasy baseball, basketball, hockey & football games - draft any time and win the same day.

#103 pixi

pixi

Megabitch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:37 AM

They charged your credit card? Did it come up "pending"?
How much did you pay for shipping and what are the options?

#104 Tungstun

Tungstun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:43 AM

I was wondering if there was ANY one who actually was able to get the US version. I am somewhat upset, was going to be a birthday present to my little bro, and he wont be able to understand how to go about getting DLC.

#105 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

Man, I actually WANTED the PAL version, but I missed out on the offer.
I wonder if they'll put the PAL import back up for sale with all the order cancellations...

EDIT: Oh snap, the PAL version IS back up for sale! IN!
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#106 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:18 PM

what is shady is I ordered LBP 6am on 3/18 and I didn't get the cancellation until 3/20 8pm. And yes they charged me right away.

#107 jason506

jason506

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

I got the US version and it was shipped the next day. I've never had any problems with this site yet, always top notch service.

#108 Killagame

Killagame

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Ill get LIttleBigPlanet!! Great Deal..

#109 Goodeats

Goodeats

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

The order went live at 12:00am, and I placed my order at 12:19, yet I still do not get the game. First and last time I do business with them. If I had made a sale at my job, I know I sure as hell would not be able to go back days later and cancel the order and try and swap a different good to the buyer.

#110 falcon815

falcon815

Ride on my coattails

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

I ended up getting a "confirmation of change to your order" e-mail without actually sending a reply to the "1. coupon + international version or 2. refund" e-mail. Anyone else have this problem? I sent a reply asking what the change was - if it's a cancellation, I'll take it, and if it's not, I'll request one.

I doubt I'll be using this site again. I don't buy the 'out of stock for the foreseeable future' line - the US version will be back in stock on day 31, right after the backorder period ends.