Photo
- - - - -

Dell 20% off Gaming Coupon EXTENDED AGAIN (till 4/29/2009)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 technole

technole

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:44 AM

Apparently no one around here reads any Playstation news and just goes with hearsay.

No price drop, just the bundling of two greatest hits games. Whereas MS is done with the Pro holiday bundle. In fact you can see the 60gig only Pro starting to appear on shelves again.

technole.png

#32 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:48 AM

Dream on. There is no price drop coming, how many times do the Sony guys have to say it?

How many times has a company ever admitted a price drop was coming?

Exactly. Why would a company advertise that their product would be cheaper in the near future? If they didn't deny the rumors then everyone would wait until the price drop to buy their product.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#33 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

How many times has a company ever admitted a price drop was coming?

Yeah, it reminds me on Microsoft going nuts when there was a Circuit City ad leaked that spoiled the pricedrop 2-3 weeks in advance of any official announcement.

#34 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:57 AM

Apparently no one around here reads any Playstation news and just goes with hearsay.

No price drop, just the bundling of two greatest hits games. Whereas MS is done with the Pro holiday bundle. In fact you can see the 60gig only Pro starting to appear on shelves again.

I read game news at multiple sites religiously. As the others have said, the hardware manufacturers never announce price drops in advance. And yes, Sony has a new bundle coming out, but that doesn't mean that a price drop won't happen.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#35 Vitality X

Vitality X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

I read game news at multiple sites religiously. As the others have said, the hardware manufacturers never announce price drops in advance. And yes, Sony has a new bundle coming out, but that doesn't mean that a price drop won't happen.

Don't expect it soon though. I'm guessing a price drop will happen at the earliest around july/august and the latest november/december. If you guys want to save 20-30 dollars and are willing to wait then go ahead. But be forewearned, theres no guarantee this coupon will be active around the summer and/or Christmas season. Personally I would go ahead and buy the ps3 now. The wait isn't worth a few bucks.

#36 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Don't expect it soon though. I'm guessing a price drop will happen at the earliest around july/august and the latest november/december. If you guys want to save 20-30 dollars and are willing to wait then go ahead. But be forewearned, theres no guarantee this coupon will be active around the summer and/or Christmas season. Personally I would go ahead and buy the ps3 now. The wait isn't worth a few bucks.

If it comes this year, it will most definitely be before black friday. If it wasn't, that would defeat the purpose :D It really needs to happen by September if that's the timeframe they are wanting. MS did a Sept price drop and it worked wonders for them.

#37 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Looking forward to use this discount sometime. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425