• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RobMinhas

RobMinhas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

Hi CAG-adians(see what i did there?),
I bought a 360 and i bought a 3 year warranty at future shop and it does not expire until October 2010 and i was wondering if it was possible for me to cash in and maybe get a new console or something because i do not want the $50+ i payed to go to waste.
Thanks.

#2 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:28 AM

If the console requires more than 3 repairs, then you get a new system. If it has a problem that they cannot fix, or is not economically sound to fix, you get a new system. If a repair takes more than 60 days, you get a new system. Attempting to sabotage your system in the hopes of getting a free replacement down the line is fraud, and I hope they catch you, if that's what you're trying to do. Good luck mate.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#3 RobMinhas

RobMinhas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

If the console requires more than 3 repairs, then you get a new system. If it has a problem that they cannot fix, or is not economically sound to fix, you get a new system. If a repair takes more than 60 days, you get a new system. Attempting to sabotage your system in the hopes of getting a free replacement down the line is fraud, and I hope they catch you, if that's what you're trying to do. Good luck mate.

No that is not what i am planning to do at all. its just that i would like some reimbursement for shelling out the money but i fear my console is going to die pretty soon so I am hoping either to take advantage of my warranty.

#4 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

No that is not what i am planning to do at all. its just that i would like some reimbursement for shelling out the money but i fear my console is going to die pretty soon so I am hoping either to take advantage of my warranty.

So why ask? You can't get a refund on your warranty, if that what you're asking. You're paying $50 for peace of mind should your 360 give up the ghost. You can't "take advantage" of a warranty: you use it or you don't.

#5 RobMinhas

RobMinhas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

I may sounding of as a jerk but what i meant is if my 360 dies does my warranty only cover certain things?

#6 greywolf501

greywolf501

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:17 AM

I may sounding of as a jerk but what i meant is if my 360 dies does my warranty only cover certain things?

The warranty booklet that they provide to you covers everything you should need to know about what is covered and what isn't. As a general rule of thumb for a console warranty is that as long as it's not physically broken, they will replace it.