Photo
- - - - -

Wii Shop Thread: ***FINAL FANTASY 3 IS OUT ON THE VC***

• Please log in to reply
1889 replies to this topic

#781 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'm probably going to finally get Super Star Wars, though I'm afraid of the difficulty, and, from this batch, Contra Rebirth, though i'm afraid of the difficulty.

#782 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

Does anyone think Contra Rebirth is better than soemthing like... gunstar heroes?

#783 hero101

hero101

FC3 US Navy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

Does anyone think Contra Rebirth is better than soemthing like... gunstar heroes?

I think I was it was weird to have jumping elephants in the game.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScSXpY5F5ebi67djEcxLCh1LppgIsL6HFBGB39XzHLrv9fkTY&t=1&usg=__rTGLWWIDKzzePxIYpFQItriY4JM=Posted Image

#784 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

This week, Europe got 2 VC games, and 1 WiiWare game, Solomon's Key - VC Arcade/500 Points, Rygar - VC Arcade/600 Points, and Spaceball Revolution - WiiWare/800 Points.

#785 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:32 AM

come on Final Fantasy NES!!!

also, has anyone had any problems with NES titles slowing down? I noticed in kirby's adventure at some points of the game the gameplay would get really sluggish and then it went back to normal again.
Posted Image

#786 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:40 AM

I have been playing the NES game Punchout and have not noticed any slowdown, but it's not exactly a processor intensive game. Maybe Kirby's Adventure had that slowdown originally and it's reproducing that?

#787 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:04 AM

Slowdown was actually a problem in quite a few original SNES games, especially early games before they figured out programming tricks and efficiencies. Not sure specifically about Kirby, though, because I never played it on SNES.

#788 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

With Gradius and Contra out of the way, it seems that the next title in the series will be Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth, according to the ESRB rating.
http://www.esrb.org/...rtificate=27675

Castlevania the Adventure ReBirth

Platform: Wii

Rating: Teen

Content descriptors: Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence

Rating summary: This is a side-scrolling action game in which players battle against monsters in Dracula's castle. Players use a chained whip to fight their way through halls and dungeons filled with zombies, skeletons, flying eyeballs, and bats. The enemy creatures frequently shoot projectiles and attack players in hand-to-hand combat. If players sustain too much damage, they keel over and emit a burst of red blood. Some rooms in the castle also have spikes or spears stained with red, blood-like splotches.

#789 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

With Gradius and Contra out of the way, it seems that the next title in the series will be Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth, according to the ESRB rating.

:hot:

#790 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

Like the game lags during critical play when I'm fighting a boss
Posted Image

#791 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

That was very common. Gradius and Castlevania IV are good (or bad) examples of this as I recall.

#792 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

Kirby's Adventure pushed the NES to the limit. Like others have said, it's probably part of the original game.

sig.gif

#793 vherub

vherub

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

nothing yet today?

#794 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

nothing yet today?

I was wondering the same thing. I've tried looking around but couldn't find any info. Of course I've never really tried before so I have no idea where the folk who post it here get the info from so early.

#795 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

The press release hasn't been posted yet. It's usually released around 6am eastern, but there's been a couple of times they've been quite late.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#796 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

I know, I've been checking it too. I like to hope that we're getting something exciting, but then, I don't really like to hope about these sorts of things.

#797 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

There's an update to the Nintendo Channel. It's actually a decent update. The whole thing is renovated. You can even rate/recommend DS games. You can see your game records..aka I've played Animal Crossing for likw 224 hours :lol:

You can also stream videos in high def, or whatever their version of high def is. Whatever it is, it looks MUCH better than what it used to be.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#798 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

It's up in the Wii Shop Channel:
Wiiware
Texas Hold 'Em
Spaceball: Revolution
Mart Racer

VC
Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge

DSiWare
Oscar in Toyland
Art Academy: First Semester

They also released an update for the Nintendo Channel that adds a some new features.

#799 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

Fuck you Nintendo.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#800 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

You can see your game records..aka I've played Animal Crossing for likw 224 hours :lol:

You can also stream videos in high def, or whatever their version of high def is. Whatever it is, it looks MUCH better than what it used to be.

So you can see how much you've played all of your games? If so, that is an AWESOME update, and I'm not being sarcastic. That's something I've wanted since the Wii came out, and in fact something that I thought the system would do at release.

#801 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

If I wrote the PR for the weekly store updates I'd have gone on vacation this week too.
Posted Image

#802 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:28 PM

Crash N' The Boys Street Challange is actually pretty awesome, although there are a lot of other games in that series that never made it out of Japan that are superior, like the Ice Hockey game, and the Samurai Game.

#803 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes HELLS YES.

*ahem*

That's cool, I guess.

#804 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

Crash N the Boys is a worthy addition to the VC. No seriously. It's part of the Kunio series (AKA River City Ransom).

Also, the Nintendo Channel update is pretty cool. The whole thing's been redone
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#805 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

Oscar in Toyland looks ridiculous. Can't find anything about Art Academy.

#806 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

There's an update to the Nintendo Channel. It's actually a decent update. The whole thing is renovated. You can even rate/recommend DS games. You can see your game records..aka I've played Animal Crossing for likw 224 hours :lol:

The game records are scary, here's mine:

• Smash Bros Brawl
    • 362 hours, 52 minutes
    • 159 times
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk
    • 158 hours, 19 minutes
    • 55 times
  • Rockband 2 (I have a feeling my roommates left my Wii on here)
    • 100 hours, 10 minutes
    • 17 times
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • 79 hours, 29 minutes
    • 41 times
  • Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    • 66 hours, 36 minutes
    • 16 times

Also ranking up there are Okami and Mario Galaxy. Surprisingly, WiiSports has less than I thought at around 58 hours. I'm also surprised that Animal Crossing is that high, since I only played it from Oct-Dec of last year and haven't touched it since.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#807 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:41 PM

meh, anemic.

#808 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

A bit offtopic, but is there an expiration to the free 1000 points that I got for buying a DSi? I hope not, because I have no idea what to buy.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#809 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:08 PM

The offer will expire at some point, but not the points.

(Get Boxlife)

#810 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

There's a homebrew app that does something similar to what the update does, but it doesn't work correctly on everything. (I think it said I played Wii Sports for negative time or something)

Will give it a shot.

sig.gif